What's the company culture at Nationwide Insurance?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Nationwide Insurance?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Nationwide Insurance?

Reply - Report abuse

Private in PA in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

109 months ago

I can sum it up with one phrase. "Paralysis by Analysis"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

David Baldwin in Mount Gilead, Ohio

98 months ago

I'm thinking about applying for an IT job at 1 Nationwide Plaza and my biggest concern is corporate culture. I once worked for a large bank in downtown Cleveland and I left after only 83 days because sitting in meetings, etc. I realized that nobody cared. Nobody cared about the direction the company was going, nobody cared about the job they were in and the only thing people really seemed to care about was leaving the office desolate at 4:01pm. I'm concerned that being a downtown job, Nationwide might be similar.

The recruiter has assured me it's the best environment he's seen in all of Columbus but what that means to one person might be different for another.

Please, if you've spent time at 1 Nationwide, please let me know your honest expierences. I want a place I can work with the business to deliver the best technology solutions to their business problems. I want a place I can wake up excited about going to work in the morning (minus the hour drive).

Please fill me in.

David---

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.