How to get a job at Natoli Engineering.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (24)

Host

Do you work at Natoli Engineering? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

runforthehils in Saint Louis, Missouri

86 months ago

I advise anyone thinking of working here to not apply. Its a totally dysfunctional and hostile work environment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Wendy in Saint Louis, Missouri

86 months ago

runforthehils in Saint Louis, Missouri said: I advise anyone thinking of working here to not apply. Its a totally dysfunctional and hostile work environment.

Why do you say that? i have an upcoming interview and need to understand it this is your opinion or perhaps you are mad about a personal situation? How many people work here? How is the structure set up?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Wendy in Saint Louis, Missouri

86 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Natoli Engineering? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

I'd love to understadnt eh company a bit better...any suggestions? i can't seem to find any information regarding dtaff, employees, titles, etc...just product information.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

runforthehils in Saint Louis, Missouri

86 months ago

I don't have any personal situation about this place, except I experienced it first hand --not a place you want to work at. Go on your interview and you will get the gist of what I am talking about.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Respectfulone in Collinsville, Illinois

86 months ago

runforthehils in Saint Louis, Missouri said: I advise anyone thinking of working here to not apply. Its a totally dysfunctional and hostile work environment.

It's a shame a negative person can influence others by comments like this. It's obviously one sided and this person does not speak for me. I have worked at Natoli for many years and am proud to be there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

351Windsor in SoCo, Missouri

66 months ago

Just recently left.

Trust me, the 'respectfulone' is an insider that is patrolling the boards trying to undo what the grumblings have done.

Imagine working on American Chopper, but without the money or cool bikes. Lots of yelling and disrespect.

how to get a job there... tell them you'll work for practically free and they'll tell you about how well they take care of their employees. Yeah, that's what you call indentured service.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

KC30 in Saint Louis, Missouri

64 months ago

351Windsor in SoCo, Missouri said: Just recently left.

Trust me, the 'respectfulone' is an insider that is patrolling the boards trying to undo what the grumblings have done.

Imagine working on American Chopper, but without the money or cool bikes. Lots of yelling and disrespect.

how to get a job there... tell them you'll work for practically free and they'll tell you about how well they take care of their employees. Yeah, that's what you call indentured service.

What was the reason that you left? Did they yell and disrespect you personally? Do they micro manage? Is the atmosphere always tension filed? I'm sorry for all of the questions.

I need a job BAD....and I don't want to miss out on an opportunity. Any insight would be appreciated!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

Yes, atmosphere is tension filled. People are walking on egg-shells waiting to see who gets yelled at next. They micro-manage to the extreme.

Work there if you want, it probably pays better then un-employment. Be warned, I know they sucker some folks into going from hourly to salary by luring them with company paid health insurance. The overtime you miss out on does not make up the difference. Also do not take any advances or loans...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

honesty pays off in Sunset Hills, Missouri

62 months ago

If you're considering working or applying there - run as far away and as fast as you can. Seriously. This place will drain the life out of you, they treat you like dirt, micro manage, expect you to work overtime on weekdays and every other saturday for 1/2 day. This is all without being paid, of course, because they will make you a salary employee.
I worked there for 2 years in the engineering department and have never been treated like that anywhere before or since. That was 2 years I won't be getting back. Get back from the bathroom and it's a big deal because obviously the company has fallen apart in those 3 minutes because you weren't found. Is that necessary? You have to swipe a card to clock in and out (also use the card for lunches - of which they also profit on) If you're 2 minutes late, it won't let you clock in and have to report about your "extreme tardiness" to the honchos, of which they'll waste a half hour to an hour in a meeting about why you were two minutes late. Seems counterproductive.
If by the end of the day, say 4 or 4:30, if you dare get up to leave for the day, you'll get dirty looks as if to say "where do you think you're going". This is even after you completed all of the days tasks and are ahead of the game. It does not matter. How dare you leave before 6 pm after you've been there since 7:02 am.
It's a shame really because I liked the work in a way, had some decent people there and that was about it.
Oh, don't even think about organizing activities or fraternizing during working hours or outside of work. Somehow they think you're conspiring against them.
You won't get any time breaks in the morning or afternoon, as required by law, you'll get thrown scraps as far as salary goes.
I won a DVD player during the Christmas party, as I had the winning numbered ticket, but didn't even claim it. I just sat and smiled. Don't want anything to do with the place or their throwbacks.
When I dropped my letter of resignation, it was a good day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

homeboy in Saint Louis, Missouri

60 months ago

honesty pays off in Sunset Hills, Missouri said: If you're considering working or applying there - run as far away and as fast as you can. Seriously. This place will drain the life out of you, they treat you like dirt, micro manage, expect you to work overtime on weekdays and every other saturday for 1/2 day. This is all without being paid, of course, because they will make you a salary employee.
I worked there for 2 years in the engineering department and have never been treated like that anywhere before or since. That was 2 years I won't be getting back. Get back from the bathroom and it's a big deal because obviously the company has fallen apart in those 3 minutes because you weren't found. Is that necessary? You have to swipe a card to clock in and out (also use the card for lunches - of which they also profit on) If you're 2 minutes late, it won't let you clock in and have to report about your "extreme tardiness" to the honchos, of which they'll waste a half hour to an hour in a meeting about why you were two minutes late. Seems counterproductive.
If by the end of the day, say 4 or 4:30, if you dare get up to leave for the day, you'll get dirty looks as if to say "where do you think you're going". This is even after you completed all of the days tasks and are ahead of the game. It does not matter. How dare you leave before 6 pm after you've been there since 7:02 am.
It's a shame really because I liked the work in a way, had some decent people there and that was about it.
Oh, don't even think about organizing activities or fraternizing during working hours or outside of work. Somehow they think you're conspiring against them.
You won't get any time breaks in the morning or afternoon, as required by law, you'll get thrown scraps as far as salary goes.
I won a DVD player during the Christmas party, as I had the winning numbered ticket, but didn't even claim it. I just sat and smiled. Don't want anything to do with the place or their throwbacks.t

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

homeboy in Saint Louis, Missouri

60 months ago

two minuetes late everday what do you expect, ofcourse they will be upset with you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

TheLuckyOne in Schaumburg, Illinois

41 months ago

Let me tell you, this company is one of the most poorly management and run companys I have ever worked at. I was fortunate enough to get out of this place a few months ago and I did it not a moment to soon. These people will work you like a dog and pay you jack. You will be asked to come in early, work through your lunch, stay late, and work on weekends for no extra compensation. They will put you down constantly and call you a crappy worker if your not willing to work 10+ extra hours for free. Intimidation is their #1 speciality. It is comparable to an abusive relationship. They hire you saying no overtime is required and that you will be working a specific job and change everything the moment you get hired. I wacthed 3 new employees get hired to work being told no overtime would be needed and immediately tell them that they have to work over everyday! The management sits around and does nothing all day, but will for sure take the credit for all of the hard work you do. The main boss will bring you into his office and scream and curse and throw things at you for any reason at all as well. The HR person is fresh out of college and is already molded to their scheming ways to abuse the systems set in place to protect their employees. If you are looking to work at this place PLEASE RECONSIDER, if you don't you will soon enough know why these messages are posted.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

JustMe in O Fallon, Missouri

41 months ago

Respectfulone in Collinsville, Illinois said: It's a shame a negative person can influence others by comments like this. It's obviously one sided and this person does not speak for me. I have worked at Natoli for many years and am proud to be there.

Respectfulone WAS an employee at the time they left this comment. And, they were told to make this comment by management.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Freebird in Saint Louis, Missouri

41 months ago

Everything said from TheLuckyOne is true. I had the same experience and regret each and every day I was there.

If you like intimidation, put downs, berating, screaming/verbal abuse, paranoia, overtime with no compensation, micro management, distrust, stress, low pay, undermining, and being treated like a child.....then, this is a job for you.

But seriously, for the sake of health and sanity.....stay away from this company!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

just asking in Saint Peters, Missouri

32 months ago

Who worked there last? They appear to be a great company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

just asking in Saint Peters, Missouri

32 months ago

Freebird in Saint Louis, Missouri said: Everything said from TheLuckyOne is true. I had the same experience and regret each and every day I was there.

If you like intimidation, put downs, berating, screaming/verbal abuse, paranoia, overtime with no compensation, micro management, distrust, stress, low pay, undermining, and being treated like a child.....then, this is a job for you.

But seriously, for the sake of health and sanity.....stay away from this company!

Is it really that bad?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

Yes it really is that bad. Still is from what i hear. I still talk to a few folks, in the plant and in the office. Hear it is worse in some ways now that the old man (Carm) is getting out of health. I left a couple of years ago and never ever ever think of going back. I'd flip burgers before I step foot in there again. It is a shame, could be a really good company with their products and staff.. but with the current management/owners.. it will never happen.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

kindle in Arnold, Missouri

17 months ago

ST-AY AW-AY FR-OM TH-IS COM-PANY IT'S THAT BA-D. If you never want to be home with the family.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kindle1 in Arnold, Missouri

17 months ago

1st and 2nd shifts are ridicul-ous. 1st shift from 7am-3:30pm but the-y expect you to be there at 5,6am and stay till 4,5pm. In 1st shift you will work from Monday-Saturday, yep on Saturday too you have to come in, its mandatory, in their eyes. The 2nd shift, you have to work from 3:30p.m - 2a.m and these people have no life either, the-y don't work Saturdays because of working till 2a.m every day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

kindle2 in Arnold, Missouri

17 months ago

Everything is trial and error the-re, lets try this and see if its going to work out. Superviso-rs have every authority over you and will yell and push you to do more every day and if you cant do more then the-y will put you somewhere else and try you there maybe even harder, its Slave-ry. The-y want the-ir quota at the end of the day, but the-y also want quality, which is sad you cant have both, 800 to 1000 parts a day and every one has to be dead on size. The-y want the-ir quality but the-y also want you to do as many as the-y tell you to do. You get 3 0 minutes lunch here, yep, just 30 minutes, no 1 5 minute breaks or anything. 3 0 minutes and you have a break room that serves lunch daily, because the-y don't want you to ever leave the building, the-y want their production the-y want the-ir slav-es to continue right away... Its a pri-son.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kindle3 in Arnold, Missouri

17 months ago

You cant even drive to nearest food place to get something to eat, your break will run out. If you are late few mins, they deduct 15mins out of your paycheck. You have to call your family, get something to eat, and relax from all day standing all in 30mins. One other thing is, you cant have cell phones in the plant, they have to be off, and they will give you warning for it, so if lets say your family calls on emergency, you wont be able to respond to them right away. One other thing is, that they don't have any trainers for the position that you're hired, its some JoeSchmo or some foreigner that you cant understand. Pay is $9-$10(plant). STAY AWAY FROM SLAVERY.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kindle4 in Arnold, Missouri

17 months ago

I wish i never worked here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kindle5 in Arnold, Missouri

17 months ago

Anyone who tries to say something to contradict me after this post, is probably working for the-m in the office sitting on their a-ss and was told by their mentor(ha-ha) to do so.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.