What's the company culture at Navy Federal Credit Union?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

Every business has its own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Navy Federal Credit Union?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Navy Federal Credit Union?

Reply - Report abuse

Navy Brat in Milton, Florida

69 months ago

Employees are required to dress in business casual except for on Friday, when employees in most positions wear jeans with appropriate business casual shirts, and certain casual footwear. T-shirts are not permitted. Getting together is common, but is based on the employees in that particular office. There are annual parties in each area for Christmas, and each division and business area has activies and charities that they do. NF is really big on finding charities and contributing to them faithfully for the groups chosen in each location.

A typical day depends on the region, job type, and co-worker relationships each employee fosters.

Management is open and listens to employees and is very approachable from the CEO down. They openly look for new ideas and ways to improve. One program started to encourage employee feedback is called New Horizons. I have submitted ideas to it, and when one of them was implemented, I was given program points. I had the choice of redeeming them for cash, or for prizes in the New Horizons program list. They are updated frequently and they are nice. I had enough points to get a wet tile saw (can't remember the brand but it works very well), a Homedics multi-motor heated chair massage unit to use on a chair at home or work, or in the car, and a really nifty Igloo cooler with a pour spout.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.