Fake Job

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

VDH in Los Angeles, California

89 months ago

Click on the link, this job is GONE. I'm tired of fake old jobs on this site. Get with the program. This job is NOT new or real.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

dorianzane in Bloomfield, New Jersey

89 months ago

VDH in Los Angeles, California said: Click on the link, this job is GONE. I'm tired of fake old jobs on this site. Get with the program. This job is NOT new or real.

I agree with this post but it's ALL been said in the past NBC, Time, Time Warner and HBO and others all post FAKE jobs, what I don't get is why? Don't they have to pay to have the jobs posted in the first place? What a waste of money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

seems in Short Hills, New Jersey

88 months ago

They post fake jobs to appease the federal labor laws which say all companys must have a public job posting for an open position. What they don't tel you is that companys often times have already filled the job internally or their HR claims never to received a proper candidate and they reassign the head-count to another department. It's all a game. Welcome to corpoarate America.

BTW this job was listed and taken down earlier as well (which could actually be illegal)

Director, Development News & Docs - 2 Spots
Viacom-Nickelodeon,VH-1,MTV,Nick at Nite - New York, NY
form Take meetings with producers, agents, production... industry, including agents, production companies, producers, etc. Strong written and oral communication...
From HotJobs - September 9, 9:15 PM

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Angeleno_Native in Los Angeles, California

84 months ago

I use to work at one of those entertainment GIANTS...and in HR!! When there was an opening, the hiring managers would already know who they were hiring...friends, acquaintences, favors owed...etc....so yes, we would also appease the federal labor laws and post the opening on various sites.....A BIG GAME.....

IT CAN BE DIFFICULT TO GET INTO THESE BIG CORPORATIONS.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Girl_in_SFV in Los Angeles, California

68 months ago

So, the ONLY way i was able to get an interview at NBC (LA) was to know someone!
I'd applied to about 15 jobs within a year. I had 2 interviews. One was through a temp agency and the other was through a friend. She handed my resume to her boss and an interview was set up.
VERY eye opening...I guess if you don't know anyone who works there try to get in through a temp agency.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Worker Bee in Los Angeles, California

68 months ago

Hi, what temp agency did you use for NBC? I was told by their representative that they only use one temp agency but when I looked it up online, it's not a temp agency but something else. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

chloe319 in New York, New York

60 months ago

WO!! didnt know this, so thats why I never heard back from anyone at these companies even though I applied to hundreds of jobs online from the companies mentioned above, not fair!! Its odd because I look back at the status of some jobs I have applied to and they say "have been fulfilled" soo weird. Thanks for the person who posted this!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Marvelous Marv Donovan (Dono)

11 months ago

VDH in Los Angeles, California said: Click on the link, this job is GONE. I'm tired of fake old jobs on this site. Get with the program. This job is NOT new or real.

Thanks for the heads up on this job. I have met several dead end job sites such as this one and my time is important as my creative juices must run, run, run before they dry up and than begin to feel like dust on a threshing floor waiting for the next breeze to come along and dissipate my thoughts into the ether's.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Indie_One in Wichita, Kansas

11 months ago

I wouldn’t completely rely on job ads. I’d send more résumés to places that aren’t advertising.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.