Nestle Waters - Recruitment Video - Route Drivers

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (47)

Sugavan

81 months ago

<object width="384" height="263"><param name="movie" value="www.maddash.net/central/players/nestle.swf"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="www.maddash.net/central/players/nestle.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="384" height="263"></embed></object>

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

jfizzle123 in philadelphia, Pennsylvania

75 months ago

Wow. What a false image of the real job and work. First of all, in the entire country, there at not one female rsr. Secondly, in the video, at the pace those guys were going they wouldn't get done their work until seven at night (coming in at 6:30a.m). Also it's funny how they showed rsr's who talked about being surpivsers. They brainwash their employees into convincing them to stick around and you will get promoted. Also they forgot to mention that role ages your entire body like three times a normal person. Makes u look 45 when your only 30. Also no union. So you know the managers are going to push u until u collapse and when u can't walk no more they'll replace you with a new younger guy and repeat the process. Also the salary is way low for the work and raises are minimal. Also ask how many years the average rsr works there for. Like two years. I used to work for deer park for many years. I was their so called best guy and "animal" because i was faster than any other rsr and they luved me because i saved them so much money. But once i get seriously hurt and couldn't maitian that pace (not shown in video) they were quick to try to fire me. Now i work for coke. They have a union and much higher pay with wage increases. Finally, if you guys don't believe me, think of this. Go look all over the internet and see why they have SO MANY OPEN POSTIONS? Remember what your parents told u. If it's too good to be true. It probably is!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (65) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

mike weiss in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

71 months ago

Just to join the conversation. When reading past comments, I started to have dejavu. I used to be a key account guy for nestle waters and heard awefull stories with their home and office division. Those guys look like their totally, beat up and worn out. I kinda feal sorry for them. Nestle waters was crying when they were sued to switch their route guys to hourly pay. The job is terrrible now. BUt it was worse when they tried to pull a con job on them and give them team based salary pay. What a joke. I heard one of their UL's say to some other guy. Why can't anyone stay and be loyal. I almost busted out laughing. I guess some people are living in their own little reality. We used to have manager meeting on the future of the company. They want 15/15/30. Good luck with that. The economy is shot and people are switching to filtration. NO one want sot pay nine bucks for a 5 gallon. Not to mention that bogus fuel charge. I kinda think. other people in the company feel the same way i do. BUt their afraid of saying anything and losing their job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

houtxnfan in Humble, Texas

68 months ago

Typical Nestle propaganda video. This job has gotten terrible. In Texas they still pay that team based salary pay. Guys kill themselves trying to earn merit raises but the raises suck. The Unit Leaders are so scared of their bosses that everything gets blamed on the Route Salesmen. They "split" routes all the time because they don't have to pay by the hour, so drivers routinely run an extra half route daily without any extra pay. Often the extra work is miles away from the regular route as well. Guys are expected to stay out as long as it takes, even if it's 6 or 7 o'clock. I cannot believe this is even legal. Some guys are working 55 hours+ some weeks with ABSOLUTELY ZERO OVERTIME PAY. Route Salesmen are expected to sell everything they can but they're given a workload that will keep them out all day. They also passed out a newsletter recently claiming that the employees "overwhemingly" voted against union representation at least 15 times since the mid-90s. Problem is most guys didn't even know there was a vote. One guy said they passed out a sheet of paper, told everyone to just sign it and they'd explain it later, and moved on. Apparently it was just like an Iraqi "free election." There's no open discussion allowed at all-most guys are just trying to pay the bills and the culture at work has them scared to say anything.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

houtxnfan in Humble, Texas said: Typical Nestle propaganda video. This job has gotten terrible. In Texas they still pay that team based salary pay. Guys kill themselves trying to earn merit raises but the raises suck. The Unit Leaders are so scared of their bosses that everything gets blamed on the Route Salesmen. They "split" routes all the time because they don't have to pay by the hour, so drivers routinely run an extra half route daily without any extra pay. Often the extra work is miles away from the regular route as well. Guys are expected to stay out as long as it takes, even if it's 6 or 7 o'clock. I cannot believe this is even legal. Some guys are working 55 hours+ some weeks with ABSOLUTELY ZERO OVERTIME PAY. Route Salesmen are expected to sell everything they can but they're given a workload that will keep them out all day. They also passed out a newsletter recently claiming that the employees "overwhemingly" voted against union representation at least 15 times since the mid-90s. Problem is most guys didn't even know there was a vote. One guy said they passed out a sheet of paper, told everyone to just sign it and they'd explain it later, and moved on. Apparently it was just like an Iraqi "free election." There's no open discussion allowed at all-most guys are just trying to pay the bills and the culture at work has them scared to say anything.

Dude, how come you guys are still team based. It's not legal and employees in northeast region suded nestle waters and it's been hourly for years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

jordanflydude in allentown, Pennsylvania

68 months ago

I was kinda bored and searching the internet for new position at nestle and came across this forum. I work in pa branch for deer park as rsr for almost ten years. The unit leaders try to pull their b.s on me. i look at them and say i can only do what i can. i tell them straight up. YOu pull that sht on me and i just go slower. Also, that's messed up that you guys in texas are still salary. It's only a matter of time before it's hourly. My friend works in the food service industry and had a nationwide meeting and one of the speakers was a hiring manager for a water company. He said all the new hires are teamed up with the most aggresive guy and are told to push them past their limit and want them to quit. i guess, to remove the guys who are lazy. My friend stood up at the conference and said" well what if the new hire stick it out and pushes themself to the limit, at the same time knowing when they get on their own they will go at their own pace"? The speaker blew off the question. But seriously guys it's a hard labor job and at the end of the day they don't care about anything but goons to throw weight around.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

skybelou in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania

68 months ago

jordanflydude in allentown, Pennsylvania said: I was kinda bored and searching the internet for new position at nestle and came across this forum. I work in pa branch for deer park as rsr for almost ten years. The unit leaders try to pull their b.s on me. i look at them and say i can only do what i can. i tell them straight up. YOu pull that sht on me and i just go slower. Also, that's messed up that you guys in texas are still salary. It's only a matter of time before it's hourly. My friend works in the food service industry and had a nationwide meeting and one of the speakers was a hiring manager for a water company. He said all the new hires are teamed up with the most aggresive guy and are told to push them past their limit and want them to quit. i guess, to remove the guys who are lazy. My friend stood up at the conference and said" well what if the new hire stick it out and pushes themself to the limit, at the same time knowing when they get on their own they will go at their own pace"? The speaker blew off the question. But seriously guys it's a hard labor job and at the end of the day they don't care about anything but goons to throw weight around.

any info on how it is to be a driver at the breingsville location nestle usa what drivers average?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

skybelou in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania

68 months ago

what is it like to be a driver for nestle usa in allentown, what do drivers average a year and benefits ?thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

skybelou in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania said: any info on how it is to be a driver at the breingsville location nestle usa what drivers average?[/QUO
I don't work at that location. I assume the mentality and culture are the similiar at all locations. According, to what my UL tells me there is crazy turnover everywhere. Unless you've been there for a while the driver or rsr position is crap. I assume they will pay you hourly. From what i see they work the new guys like a dog. It's much easier for the unit leaders to push around the new guys because they might think they can get fired. For example: if i told you to run as fast as you can for a mile and at the finish line I would tell you it's not good enough. NOthing is ever good enough to them. They do that so they can push you until your burnt out. They use you at your maximum and then expect you to quit so they can get a new strong guy. A vet guy like me stuck through all the b.s and they can't pull that crap on me anymore. But, in my advice don't even apply. IF you don't believe me, get hired and see it for yourself.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

skybelou in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania said: what is it like to be a driver for nestle usa in allentown, what do drivers average a year and benefits ?thanks.

I'm not sure what the exact wage is. I think it's hourly in allentown. I assume the starting hourly wage is around $17/hour. In my opinion it's sht pay for the work you do. ALso for the new guys i heard they purposely give lousy wage increases. I used to get paid salary and then we sued the company to make us hourly so we get paid pretty well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

josh hentaley in boston, Massachusetts

68 months ago

I work at coke as a route driver. I noticed that nestle waters is always hiring. I heard horror stories from some guys that previously worked there. I'm not knocking the idea of "hard work" and loyalty". BUt i've been told that the supervisors are scum bags. They say they treat you like dirt. I'm don't have a masters degree in business or management. But, i would think that high turnover and treating employees like dogs would be negative to the overall growth and success of the company. Like the other guy said don't work for a company that has no union. I'm not the biggest fan of unionized labor. But who else will have your back and stick up for you. Our fellow employees are pressured to keep their jobs and the supervisors are being pressured by their boss. Anyway it's all a big game. Simply don't work at nestle. Come over to coke or pepsi.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

timothyh in new york, New York

68 months ago

I work for nestle waters in new york and wow you guys really put down the company. I too, believe that the company can expect way too much from their employees and it is kinda a negative towards growth. But the complete blame shouldn't fall on the unit leaders. They are pressured into pushing their guys hard on guys that are unachievable. I had many oppurtunities to apply for the position and I believe, i could of gotten the job. But I didn't want the responsiblity of treating my route reps like crap. I go at my own pace. They come down on my asking why i go so slow but they can't fire me because they know i'll sue them. i make sure that my saftey is outstanding and i do my best. I would recommend this job only, to young guys who need fast money and not as a career. Not to knock my own company. But i have alot of health problems directly related to the job. Shoulder, elbow and back problems. It's really unhealthy no matter how safe you are. YOur overworking your body. Try to use the job as a stepping stone to another position in the company or another company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No Reply - Report abuse

treau sweiney in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

67 months ago

I don't work in h&o. But I hear stories and know from my own common sense that home and office have a serious turnover rate and don't even think they are making a profit. Before i was hired on the retail side, I had to do a ride along with one of the drivers. No offense to the route guy but he looked like he was tired and worn out. i think I was older than him but he looked like my dad. The guy was in his 20's and said he had elbow problems. i thought omg thank god i'm not in home and office. The route rep jobs aren't career positions. It's so physically demanding and does crazy wear and tear on your body. HOw long can a person do that job? For example, what if they start when there 21 and do it for 20 years. That is such a beating on your body. TOo early to retire, but now your body is worn out. What do you do? YOur too old to start another career and you have no other expierence but route sales and no one in the company cares about how long you've been there. YOUR FUCED! Personally, i'm kinda surprised that we work so easy and h&o get abused. Shot out to mike the route rep he's a good guy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

treau sweiney in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

67 months ago

i graduated from high school later year. I see route sales rep posting alot on the internet. I was kinda curious to the reason why they are always hiring. I see all these downer comments and I don't think i'm going to apply. I know there are so many bad points about the company and job. Are there any good points?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

houtxnfan in Humble, Texas

66 months ago

jfizzle123 in philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Dude, how come you guys are still team based. It's not legal and employees in northeast region suded nestle waters and it's been hourly for years.

I wish I knew. We get told by our unit leaders that we're in "early" if we're in before 3 o'clock, even though most of us start our meeting at 6:35 or 7 AM. If u get in by 3 the parking lot is pretty much devoid of route trucks, lots of guys get in between 4 and 6 (some later). When u get done u r required to call a service coordinator who might send you to the other side of the city to babysit some other route guy too. I can't afford a lawyer and it's dangerous to try and organize the other drivers around here. Maybe a formal complaint to the Department of Labor would help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

Dude,First off, go to a lawyer. They'll be happy to help you with no money from you. Plus, nestle is a big company they will be glad to help you. Second, go to the department of labor and try to explain to them your doing responsibilities of other employees. Be careful who you talk to in the branch. Someone might rat you out. They really screw salary employees. I know hourly guys on route making eighty thousand dollars. I make alot more hourly than I did when it was salary.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dave in Madison, Connecticut

60 months ago

I am going tomorrow on the road with a UL as part of the hiring process. I didn't get a job offer yet but I am getting close. Problem I am having is deciding what I want to do because I was offered a job delivering beer and I know that beer kegs are 160lbs when they are full. I don't know what to do. The timing couldn't be worst.

Does anybody know about how many stops per day these guys (nestle waters rsr) make?? Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

I used to be on route for nestle waters. I moved mover to the outside sales field. Either job offer will be rough. On average you'll make 45 stops. Please, take into consideration that you can easily (even if you lift properly) injure yourself. No one ever talks to a person about heavy lifting jobs and what it does on body. Once your injured they'll make you work through the injury. It will heal messed up and you'll have permanent aches and pains forever. when not resting properly, even a strain and sprain will cause lifetime problems.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Water Hater in boston, Massachusetts

60 months ago

Take the job delivering beer!! One it is probably hourly and two a lot of beer deliveries that i see on the road have two guys to a truck. If you have a wife and children Poland Spring or Nestle Waters is not the place for you. Youll never see them during the week and your wife will hate you for it. Single guys need apply!! Ive been there a while and there is no succession planning. you have to be a ccomplete ball suck to go anywhere in this company. Currently we are pretty much a day behind in our deliveries. It is just one big snowball and it keeps getting bigger. By the end of next week I'm sure we'll be 1.5 days behind. We easily work 55 or 60 hours a week and thats without finishing 15 - 25 stops a day because we have no water and no solution. 45 stops is a low number maybe for a new hire. We have guys going out with 70 - 80 stops a day. Coming back to the branch to reload. Oh yeah and by the way we want u to sell this, this this and this. Awesome you sold them a case, do you think you could sell them 2 cases next time or how about these nasty tasting tea sticks. We dont care what time it is its all about the business. We are salary, so if you break it down by the hour we are making like 9 or 10 dollars an hour. Revenue share is BS. Dont ever work here you will regret it. There is not a single sole in our branch that is happy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

How are you guys still team based salary? Nestle waters employees and pepsi went to court to make us hourly employees and we won our case. You should go to a lawyer. He or she will glady take your case with on perdium. Be careful on who you talk to about your concerns of low pay. They might rat you out to the unit leader. Your not alone about the workload. The company doesn't wants to keep the low wages and squeeze out each employee to the max. They are unstafffed and employees are overworked. That's the formula. Unless, you put forth some effort, things will never change at your branch. It's funny how they lay off retail employees and some commercial sales guys. However, they are alway hiring for rsr's.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

Well where do i begin??? After weeks and weeks of Nestle flying, feeding and putting other drivers from across the country up in hotels we finally got caught up. I truly do thank everyone that has left their families at home to come nurse us back to health. Low and behold as soon as we get caught up and everyone flies home we fall right back into this deep abyss. The viscious cycle begins again Only this time it is worse and no one seems to care. This place hasnt been right for over a year. As of today our branch as a whole is probably a full day behind. Some drivers are going out with well over 100 stops. When you have drivers that have been accident and injury free for their entire nestle career getting banged up or banging things up maybe its a sign. Fatigue has set in, maybe its time for the department of labor to step in. Unit leaders are leaving, drivers are leaving. Good for them!!! They understand but the unit leaders boss and his boss haven't the slightest clue. You think your helping us out by running water or stepping in for a day to run a route. NAHHH i think you guys are feeling the heat; if you really wanted to help us out you would have never let this happen. In reality your out there doing these things to help save yourself. I wonder if Kim Jeffery even knows what goes on in these branches up here, maybe ill write him or his assistant a letter to tell him what a stellar job you guys are doing! If your thinking about our service think again - go for price - we cant sell our service anymore - you might get the first one on time but the next few might be late. Drivers are a great bunch of guys and are doing our best but ultimately your buying water and a service that we cant fully commit to

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

I believe, last year, we profited approx: 11 percent. You know how? Off the broken backs of the drivers. Overworking the drivers like mules. It's never enough. The unit leaders laugh with their neon vests and sip coffee laughing at us while we sweat like dogs in the 100 degree sun. 100 stop workloads. LOL, that's old news. It's time we spoke as one group and not let management picks us off one at a time. The only sure thing in the nestle culture,if we let them, they will keep on kicking us in the butt and treating us like dogs. Recently I made a claim to the department of labor and their putting together an investigation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

watermanbigal in Blue Bell, Pennsylvania

58 months ago

If I may make an outside comment. If a big company says to you they care about their employees, they are lyeing. A companies only priorty is towards their stockholders. Stockholders care about proftis. Next, how do you maximize profits? Maximize employee productivity. What's the max for labor intensive positions? Lol, there isn't any. Mostly, until your serverly injured. Hire the new and fresh employee. In conclusion, it's almost funny how a few employees are "brown nosers" and don't like unions. However, unions are your only protection against your own companys greed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

waterhater2 in boston, Massachusetts

58 months ago

p

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

waterhater2 in boston, Massachusetts

58 months ago

They hire summer help and pay them $15 an hour. Do the math that is more that regular full timers make. You fire 4 guys in october then when asked if we are gonna hire they say "splitting routes and long days is the way it is gonna be" where did you think that was gonna get us? Guys bounce, or get angry or fed up and prob come on here and really voice opinions. cause you cant go to management with this or u get cornered in the parking lot by Unit Leaders and labeled an insubordinate!! Days get longer more guys bounce, and more guys bounce. Now the drivers are DROWNING. We are not salesmen we are drivers we should be paid like drivers. Every other vendor around cant believe we are salary plus rev share(that is a joke in itself LMAO).Other vendors either get paid hourly of commission if selling is a part of the job. It is unfair for a guy to go out and do well with selling and get paid the same as a guy who just doesnt care. The anxiety is nearly unbearable. Guys are fatigued guys are broken down mentally and physically. U want guys to finish long days? Pay for it. NO? oh well you have made your bed now you must sleep in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

You should send a letter or email to the department of labor(your local branch). I know for sure, in certain states it's illegal for your position to be run the way it does( that's why they are hourly). Even better, go to a lawyer(they will take your case for free). I'm amazed, that they are still team based. They must have many well trained itimidators. They spot a person will might talk or have the courage to stand up for themselve( not a "team player" lol) and try to fire him. Managment are trained and have specific meetings on how to stop unions and maximize productivity of labor employee's. It's a common practice. Get to a lawyer. ASAP. Don't let anyone know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

In my opinion, the waters business, is a dyeing industry. Filtration is much cheaper and tastes the same as bottled water. Deer park is a rip off and they try to tack on that fuel surchage. I'm a pyscology,philosphy major and heavy labor positions, by nature, have a high turnover. Realisticly, the company care about profits. Way before employees needs. Companys play the same tricks as they always do. However, new generations are much more savy to the past and their parents, and technology have taught them that their entitled to everything in this world and don't want to work hard labor. I assume, the managers are pressured into intimidating the drivers into working past exhaustion. It's a pretty sad culture. The industry is on the decline and there is no upside to that job. they must pay a fortune in workers comp and disability insurance. Probably, they force people to quit and not to claim benefits. History repeats itself.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

After checking out the career video and job posting, i'm confused. The job posting says lifting up to 45 pounds and 200 times a day. However, on numerous occasions from my own delivery guy and other drivers, I've seen them lifting two bottles at a time(hooks). If my math is correct, that's around 80 lbs and lifting the bottle 200 times would mean lifting off the truck and to customer. That would be 100 bottles. But I believe, the truck hold much more than 100 bottles. LOL. Obviously, there lyeing. That's no unusual for a big company. However, why would they lie to potential applicants. Also, there were over 60 openings for the route driver position. On the job posting, there are some requirments that I don't understand. What is "high energy" and "enterpeur spirit"? WOW

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

watermanbigal in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

57 months ago

I believe, most people who agree, some of the most important things in life is having your health and money. I work five days a weeks risking my life and poorly, paid for my position and Nestle Waters North America. THey promote culture because it's free. They throw us a july 4 barbecue that may cost $100 bucks. It's insulting. They want employee loyalty. However, always are late and behind other companies with paid raises. Still, they don't beat or match the competition. But come slightly, below competitive business. Coke and pepsi employees get a raise. Nestle waters will raise our wage 3 or 4 percent below their wage increase. The more they try to screw me. The slow pace I go. I get my wage increase and bonus through decreasing my pace. The unit leaders hate me. They try to pull that crap on me. I stand up for myself and I kiss their butt. I make sure my numbers are good and my saftey record is outstanding. They can't get rid of me. A part of me would love to see them try. Moral of the story is know the law and play the game.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

For years, hasn't it always been like that. What's the point of hiring more guys? So we can service the customer? It's not about serviceing the customer it's about profits. food service industry, knows it's about maximizing profits with the least amount of employees. There is no limit to employee productivity. Only the higher-ups gain from the sweat and backs of the rsr's. THey make big bonus off of productivity. What's the worst that could happen? A person get quits or gets injured. Big deal they'll fire them or make them quit. There is always a fresh faced/new guy to step up. Even though they say your a salesman. YOur only job is to throw the load and move on. It's simple as that! The moral of the story is: "play the game. Don't let the game play you".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

jfizzle123 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

55 months ago

I was thinking about applying for the route driver position. I'm hesitant because of the bad reputation. I don't like to listen to the hype. However, I wonder why in a recession, there is 50+ job openings? Also, the I look on job search and company website and the job description is really vague. Whatever! I'll apply for coke route driver.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

henrychops1 in audobon, New Jersey

55 months ago

I was thinking about applying for the route driver position. I'm hesitant because of the bad reputation. I don't like to listen to the hype. However, I wonder why in a recession, there is 50+ job openings? Also, the I look on job search and company website and the job description is really vague. Whatever! I'll apply for coke route driver

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

lakeshow in Los angeles, California

52 months ago

jfizzle123 in philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Wow. What a false image of the real job and work. First of all, in the entire country, there at not one female rsr. Secondly, in the video, at the pace those guys were going they wouldn't get done their work until seven at night (coming in at 6:30a.m). Also it's funny how they showed rsr's who talked about being surpivsers. They brainwash their employees into convincing them to stick around and you will get promoted. Also they forgot to mention that role ages your entire body like three times a normal person. Makes u look 45 when your only 30. Also no union. So you know the managers are going to push u until u collapse and when u can't walk no more they'll replace you with a new younger guy and repeat the process. Also the salary is way low for the work and raises are minimal. Also ask how many years the average rsr works there for. Like two years. I used to work for deer park for many years. I was their so called best guy and "animal" because i was faster than any other rsr and they luved me because i saved them so much money. But once i get seriously hurt and couldn't maitian that pace (not shown in video) they were quick to try to fire me. Now i work for coke. They have a union and much higher pay with wage increases. Finally, if you guys don't believe me, think of this. Go look all over the internet and see why they have SO MANY OPEN POSTIONS? Remember what your parents told u. If it's too good to be true. It probably is!!!

WOW, no company would want such a bunch of whiners like the group on this site. I happen to know many RSRs (including me) that love working for Nestle Waters. Is it the best job in the world?, of course not..There is no such thing, unless you are the "oil" boy for the Tropicana Models. Yes its hard work but that is why they call it work. I also happen to know a few unit leaders and the majority of them started as RSRs. So, for those of you with a brain of your own, u make the call

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

bigdudeintown in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

52 months ago

I don't know where to start? Perfectly, you summed up the mentality and nestle! "whiners" = guys who work six months straight, seventy hours a week, and no day off and vent their frustrations. LOL. Ignorent and quick to point fingers. First, you downgrade the previous commments and then you back it up with blank statements. I didn't see any comments saying it's the worst job in the world. Also, offcourse most of their unit leaders come from route. Otherwise no one would stay around. But, they tell everyone they'll make it to unit leader, so they can burn them out and stick around. Riddle me this? HOw come the turnover is super high?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lakeshow in Los angeles, California

52 months ago

interesting. Someone complaining about working too much when miillions can't find work. Be happy u have a job. Thats the problem with America today. Last I checked, Nestle does not have bars on the windows. I know I can leave any time if I don't feel valued or I stop enjoying what I do. I know where I work we don't have turnover problems. Maybe ur location just has too many people w the same mentality.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

bigdudeintown in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

52 months ago

I hear where your coming from. My biggest concern is don't lie to route. DOn't say where a family and then try to fire a guy who rips his knee or back. I'm a vet and seen many guys who were "company men" but when they got hurt. They tried to get them fire or tell them to quit. Also, I'm all for being a team player(that's their favorite phrase) but when I'm working 70 hours per week and unit leader choose to let the work sit instead of working it themselves, while they leave 2o'clock everday. It's a bit frustrating. My biggest points is management are playing route to suck out as much profits while they sit back and drink the free coffee. WHy not? They can always replace the beaten down route guy. I know this is how you make your living and I can't knock you for that. However, be careful, once your not useful anymore(that day will come) you'll be thrown to the curb. There is no loyalty!

52 months ago

Ahhhhhh the Kool Aid is potent and running strong through this kids vains;just what they want. Keep up the good work!!!! They've got you hooked bro. You won't need an intervention until you hit rock bottom. But i'm sure your Unit Leader buddies will be there for you when you fall. On a brighter note things have been decent here, not sure if it'll last I guess we'll find out when things start to warm up again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

chrismilitaryman in new york, New York

52 months ago

Although, I've never worked for nestle waters. I know people who work in that field and one person who worked in their hr department. I have heard stories about the big name water company. Like the california guy said earlier. "Let people find out for themselves". If that was the case no one would apply. The people who do the hiring have quoatas and have to do whatever it takes to get those people through the hiring door(whether they make it or not doesn't fall on them). So they straight up lie on the job listings. My friend, said, once, they had over thirty guys in a training class. She was kinda of happy because she knew her job was secure. They will always be hiring. "Lifting up to 45 lbs 200-300 x per day. Try doubling that! Two bottles is at a time is over 80 lbs. The carts are supposed to hold eight bottles but guys load 10. Work avg 45 hours/week. Try 60 hours average! These aren't opinions about they job.Also I think the turnover rate for guys less than 3 months is 80+ percent. WOW. It's simply the facts. "Let the people choose for themselves"! LOL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

YOur fooling your ownself. Your saying the problem with america is people complaing about working too much. LOL. Management gets paid 2,3,4,5+ times as much as route to do nothing. There sole jobs is to power play and exploit the route to make their coin. Ignorent is bliss. the more you write the more foolish your show yourself!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JoeHadenough in San Mateo, California

50 months ago

I know a mechanic that worked for Nestle Waters in South San Francisco that changed the desktop wall-paper on his company computer with a menu available for users to access and never told not to use it was terminated never given a verbal or written warning as spelled out by company policy. He appealed 2 times and got the rubber stamp from manager stooges. This was just before Christmas 2010. Then right at new years an ad appeared on a headhunter web site to replace him for $20,000 a year less pay we can only guess the real motive behind his firing, corporate greed. The end of a 13 year career if you have been with this company long enough to reach your top pay you could be next be prepared.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No Reply - Report abuse

bigwillstyle in Landenberg, Pennsylvania

50 months ago

wow! Most likely, they were looking for a reason to fire him. Ok. say it's a vague policy that applies to the entire computer. Changing a screen saver? LOL. Did the manager have follow up with corporate with that? Are we human and make mistakes? I would bet every penny I have, the same manager has skeletons and have been given a break once. The funny thing is they try to save peanut change while the retail side sucks up all the cash and does absolutely nothing. I know a bunch of buddies of mine(both have quit while it was good and moved on) work on retail side has "manager" positions. They said they worked from home and did nothing. There bosses did nothing too! They rarely talked to them on the phone and emailed them a few times. Rode with them on a dog and pony show once every month or two. My friend would plan in advance their best accounts and tell them to say their awesome(give them free stuff on the side for good word). Also blow out the gas card to me and other friends and blow out mileage reimburements. what a joke! The moral of the story is play the game. don't let the game play you!

47 months ago

1 step above working at mcdonalds. Most recently, I heard their so desperate their hiring guys with no experience. Burn them out and repeat. The only growth this company has is buying out other water brands.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Datkid in Yonkers, New York

46 months ago

what it it like working as a driver for the elmford branch?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

Although I never worked at that location. I know the culture of the entire company. Simply, there is no limit to the work of the route drivers. You worked 70 yours. Can you work 80? You worked 80. Can you work 90 hours? In all honesty, if you want to make some quick cash. GO for it. Word of advice. When you first start there going to dog you out and say your going to slow. Once your on your own you can go at your own pace. Either way, it's a job with no life besides working. Good job for quick cash. NO future.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

james in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

40 months ago

Personally, I never worked for the home and office division. However, back in the day, I work on the retail side. As a territory account manager for restaurant division. On my first day I had a ride along with one of the route drivers. It was a dog of a job. These guys run all day with 2 40 lbs bottles on their back. The guy said he was making 16 or 17 bucks an hour. To me, I thought that was lousy pay for such a high risk of injury and destruction of your health. However, I guess it's an o.k job for a guy who has nothing going for themselve. You can make quick money. But everyone who agree there is no future at the position. The home and office division in of itself has little advancement oppurtunities. The only, possible promotion is comercial sales rep. That position is bareley a step up from route and is all cold calling and reaching an impposible goal. Even though I say it's a crap job. Someone has to do it. Also, I respectfully disagree with nestle saying "we have people who like coming to work". The employees nestle has are ones who had no other oppurtunitys and had family's and are stuck working at the company. The real problem home and office has is the fact that the guys that stuck it out are now making hourly rate and are making 80 thousand a year, old and have a lot of wear and tear on their bodies. The new guys who they make a fortune off of don't stick around. I'm glad I got out when the time was good.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

darrinmiz in Easton, Pennsylvania

36 months ago

Does any one here know what the class A driver job is like out of allentown?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

mrkeith in NEWARK, New Jersey

23 months ago

Anybody know how far back does Nestle go on Driving history checks ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.