What's the company culture at Netflix?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Netflix?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Netflix?

Reply - Report abuse

chris in Austin, Texas

86 months ago

I just saw this article about Netflix vacation policy:

"When it comes to vacation, Netflix has a simple policy: take as much as you'd like. Just make sure your work is done. ..."

www.mercurynews.com/portlet/article/html/fragments/print_article.jsp?articleId=5493698&siteId=568

Is this true, anyone who works for Netflix?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ron in Oakland, California

85 months ago

Whats up with this company??? They have had this job posted and others like it for the last 6 months. Do you think they are just trying to advertize their company. I have a Net Flex membership but I am going to cancel it and go to blockbuster.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

Bill in Hayward, California

84 months ago

Ron in Oakland, California said: Whats up with this company??? They have had this job posted and others like it for the last 6 months. Do you think they are just trying to advertize their company. I have a Net Flex membership but I am going to cancel it and go to blockbuster.

Avoid them Netflix..it looks like they are going to layoff some people soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Jackson in Alameda, California

83 months ago

Bill in Hayward, California said: Avoid them Netflix..it looks like they are going to layoff some people soon.

What do you base this on?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Leah_ in Hillsboro, Oregon

82 months ago

Right...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

anon in Oakland, California

81 months ago

The key is one sentence from the above article which states: "To be sure, Netflix's time off policy is rare, and only applies to its 300-plus salaried workers, not the much larger hourly workforce."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dave in San Jose, California

81 months ago

Leah_ in Hillsboro, Oregon said: Right...

A business analyst close to mgmt of the company said it will happen within the next months..Read the financials..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Washington, District of Columbia

80 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tom Hanks in Virginia

80 months ago

chris in Austin, Texas said: I just saw this article about Netflix vacation policy:

"When it comes to vacation, Netflix has a simple policy: take as much as you'd like. Just make sure your work is done. ..."

www.mercurynews.com/portlet/article/html/fragments/print_article.jsp?articleId=5493698&siteId=568

QUOTE]
The unlimited is for salaried people only. Good luck taking much to much. They are very busy and are currently understaffed but are on a hiring spree.

Good company to work for.. Lots of work!

Is this true, anyone who works for Netflix?[/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jenn S in Hillsboro, Oregon

72 months ago

Hi Leah,

Do you still work at Netflix?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kandle in Coeur D Alene, Idaho

58 months ago

Tom Hanks in Virginia said:
This is true about Netflicks, however, you take these days off without pay. Even though they have this polocy - they have ZERO tolerance for you being sick and threaten to fire you if you are and miss work because of it (unscheduled time off).
I know this because my daughter moved to Portland and got a job with them. They have been absolute :::hell::: to work for. My daughter worked for Center Partners prior to working there and never had a problem (she has a good work ethic) and was getting into management position. However, she wanted to move to go to school and ended up with this dead-end job. They have a HUGE turn over. I'm guessing they want to keep their numbers turning over so people who have gotten a raise are fired and they hire someone else at a lower wage - keeps their prices down.
My duaghter had a kidney infection and was in dire pain to the point of crying and doubled up in pain. Her boss insisted she come in to work anyway... so she went in with the doctors note saying she should stay home two days and then they had the gall to say they questioned her reasoning for coming into work and were going to take that into consideration about her... ugh!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.