Getting in...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Host

Do you work at Newell Rubbermaid? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Glenn in San Jose, California

100 months ago

I don't work for Rubbermaid, but I have "telephone" interviewed with the HR contact. If whoever is trying to get that first interview, you must oversell yourself to the HR person on the phone. I qualified for a position, but obviously my discussion with the HR contact was misinterpreted. Good luck to whoever applies for anything at Newell Rubbermaid.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Milwaukee, WI in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

100 months ago

I also interviewed with Newell Rubbermaid for this position. I found it on the Newell Rubbermaid site in May and was lucky enough to be invited out to interview in person back in July. I was extremely qualified for the job and thought I had good chemistry with the folks that I interviewed with, they declined to offer me the job. I have since seen this job posted just about everywhere so obviously they have not found exactly what they are looking for and don't seem to want to take a chance on someone from outside their immediate industry who still has the marketing communication skills. Has anyone else interviewed with them and had the same experience?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

PAM in West Chester, Pennsylvania

99 months ago

It sounds like salary and compensation package could have been the issue...what type of package were they offering given the qualifications required, and # of yrs experience?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

PSF in Broomall, Pennsylvania

99 months ago

I interviewed for a position in Exton, PA with Graco. I was 100% qualified for their needs/maybe over qualified. I think that my salary was more than they were willing to approach. It was a very blue collar engineering group and I didn't get the impression that they were looking for top engineering talent. The facilities were sub par and they commented that they may relocate to ATL within a few years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Anon in Phoenix, Arizona

98 months ago

I have interviewed in person with Newell Rubbmermaid 4 times, for 4 different jobs in two different divisions.

Each time, great interviews, and one had a second interview.

Each time I was told they really liked me, but that they had hired from within.

And honestly, I'm now glad that I didn't get in. I've learned alot more about the divisions I applied ofr since then from people who work there. It isn't all its cracked up to be.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kandi in Snow Camp, North Carolina

97 months ago

I used to work for them. They REALLY want you to fit the standards for their corporate "CULTure"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

annrhotchkiss in Athens, Georgia

93 months ago

Would someone from such a CULTure fit in with a young, growing consumer products manufacturer?
annrhotchkiss@yahoo.com

remains anonymous in Atlanta, Georgia

92 months ago

I work for NR and have to tell you that I hate my job. Young, immature people, long hours (I am complaining more about the people, however) and crappy implementation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

annrhotchkiss in Athens, Georgia

92 months ago

Let me help.
Ann
Hotchkiss Recruiting Services
Have Canadian company ready to hire...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Heather in Atlanta, Georgia

18 months ago

Newell Rubbermaid has many types of jobs available around the country.

jobs.newellrubbermaid.com

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.