Rubbermaid Postings

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (36)

Thomas Riley in Dover, Pennsylvania

102 months ago

This and various other Rubbermaid postings have been hanging around on the internet for at least 6 months or more...I have even received 1-2 call from recruiters about other positions at this company in different locations.

Doesn't it seem strange to anyone that they haven't been filled by now? Are they
(Rubbermaid) even interested in filling them or are they so disorganized as not to tke the postings down once they are filled.

Watching and tracking this process from
afar these last several months gives me some concern about even wanting to work for this company...I should also note that I have not applied nor interviewed with Rubbermaid so I am not commenting from any inside knowledge...it just appears to be a peculiar process and one that gives me pause as to considering them as an employer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Marc Thomas in Grafton, Ohio

102 months ago

Thomas Riley said: This and various other Rubbermaid postings have been hanging around on the internet for at least 6 months or more...I have even received 1-2 call from recruiters about other positions at this company in different locations.
Doesn't it seem strange to anyone that they haven't been filled by now? Are they
(Rubbermaid) even interested in filling them or are they so disorganized as not to tke the postings down once they are filled.
afar these last several months gives me some concern about even wanting to work for this company...I should also note that I have not applied nor interviewed with Rubbermaid so I am not commenting from any inside knowledge...it just appears to be a peculiar process and one that gives me pause as to considering them as an employer.

I have responded to a couple of positions with this organization. I have a tenured work history, excellent references and qualifications aligned for the positions applied. I have yet to receive a response from the company. Others have made similar comments to me as well. As one individual said ". . . it appears they are looking for J.C."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Glenn

102 months ago

I have also seen these same jobs on the job search sites for month after month. I did have a phone interview with an HR contact, who, after a good interview, sent a follow up letter stating that they were looking to fill the position with another candidate. I contacted the HR person and she stated that she didn't sense I was "passionate" or the right person for the job......I told her she definitely had the wrong impression. She must have been looking for someone who walks on water.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Thomas Riley

102 months ago

My guess is that they most likely don't know what they want..I have also seen similar behavior in other companies and it was an indication that the operating people are so busy managing the daily business they don't have the time or energy to devote to proper recruiting and HR is probably so understaffed as not to be able to provide the proper support. Its just a guess but I suspect that this company is the type that really pushes to get more (and more) from a limited number of employees in order to drive the bottom line!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

PAM in West Chester, Pennsylvania

102 months ago

I guess the question is What Salary were they willing to pay given the required qualifications? Would be interested in knowing the total package. THanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mike in Maple Valley, Washington

102 months ago

I worked at newll rubbermaid when Joe Galli took over. What a mess , a bunch of young kids who were promised the world and given nothing, unless you kissed the right botom. Galli would talk about raising the bar, but the only thing that was raised was his salary . I was told that when he was cutting heads, he was negotating a salary raise for himself . Nothing like leading by example,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Michael

102 months ago

Was a Director for them, suffice it to say that they are very unorganized, even chaotic, and as a result is not an environment conducive to highly motivated, high achiever types. 'Nuf said. Been there, done that..but not for long.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

John

102 months ago

Newell-Rubbermaid: Toledo -- The observations made about this company by the six replys I read seem fairly accurate. I tried over three years ago and felt I was a good fit for what was advertised. But to get in...I have no idea. These same ads for finacial analyst types have been running for what seems over three years now. The question is: Why? Are they not having any luck with those they hire or is everyone moving up to higher positions once they get there? Recommendation: It appears to me they really are not serious about interviewing from the ads they run and one's time is better spent talking to someone who might give you an "in" at getting an interview in a better organized firm.

van in Richmond, Vermont

102 months ago

Thomas Riley said: This and various other Rubbermaid postings have been hanging around on the internet for at least 6 months or more...I have even received 1-2 call from recruiters about other positions at this company in different locations.

Yes I have noticed this about a lot of these adds on this site.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

van in Richmond, Vermont

102 months ago

Most of the positions on this site has no response to them. Unless the positions are filled and not taken off. Im not sure about anyone else, but I havent had much luck even getting responses from anyone.
Van

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

ISN in Escalon, California

102 months ago

Somebody in their personel department evidently likes to look at resumes. In reality the thousands of responses that the company has received and their seeming inability to fill slots, suggests incompetence of the hightest magnitude.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

MO in Franklin, Indiana

102 months ago

The opportunities that I have been looking at are in my home town and have applied for. I had a phone interview and was never called again. Upon inquiry I was told that position was combined with another and the posting was removed for a week. Then it was up again. The particular plant I am referring to has unofficially announced it is closing and moving to Mexico recently so my rejection was certainly a blessing. I believe some of the postings are people jumping ship before it sinks. I agree with some of you that Rubbermaid seems to be very disorganized and do not see it as a good opportunity at this time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

James in Springfield, Missouri

101 months ago

Very good observation; all I can say to "all posters" is read between the lines.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anderson in Seymour, Tennessee

101 months ago

Dont Bother with that Company THEY SCREW YOU OVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alli in Millville, West Virginia

100 months ago

van said: Most of the positions on this site has no response to them. Unless the positions are filled and not taken off. Im not sure about anyone else, but I havent had much luck even getting responses from anyone.
Van

I agree! I have a great resume and tailor my cover letters to each job, and I apply to jobs for which I am very well qualified but response anywhere has been minimal. Guess it's just not my time...

HRDude in Knoxville, Tennessee

99 months ago

I really don't know what these people are looking for. One day they will fill this position, and I would love to meet the lucky person to see what he/she has that I don't have.

10 years HR director
MBA-HR
SPHR

If you don't get a response with these, I doubt they are hiring.

Kandi in Snow Camp, North Carolina

99 months ago

mike said: I worked at newll rubbermaid when Joe Galli took over. What a mess , a bunch of young kids who were promised the world and given nothing, unless you kissed the right botom. Galli would talk about raising the bar, but the only thing that was raised was his salary . I was told that when he was cutting heads, he was negotating a salary raise for himself . Nothing like leading by example,

Soooo True. I was promised the world, and given a not so bright manager and that's about it.

Glenn

99 months ago

Personally, I think these job ads are a joke. Just something else to weed through on the job search sites.

Robert Stephens in Statesville, North Carolina

98 months ago

I read online that Rubbermaid is moving from I believe Ohio, so most of the jobs will transfer to Huntersville. I doubt very seriously ANY jobs are actually available.

Jim in Greenback, Tennessee

98 months ago

I live about 10 mins from this plant. They nevert seem to fill this postion and are always hiring temps with the promise of full time employment

John in Johnson City, Tennessee

98 months ago

I have applied for positions within this company for over a year. I am not trying to be egotistically, but I am well qualified for those positions which I applied for at NR. It seems that they are focused on finding a individual who is well qualified and underpaid for that specific position. To me this is a disturbing trend with companies today, they post the same position over and over and over. This tells me 1.) They do not know what they are doing! 2.) They are the ones concerned with $$$$! 3.) They want someone to kiss their a** and work in a living hell for a cheap wage! 4.) They want temps for the position because the are cheaper in the long run (ie: no benefits). Companies like this need to get real and quit being concerned with the CEO's bottom line. They need to find the right candidate who is qualified for the position, willing to stick it out with them in the long run, and pay them a decent salary! America's corporate greed has got to stop!

NH in Atlanta, Georgia

98 months ago

I applied for a Sr.Treasury Analyst position that was posted on one of the major job boards in late 2006. In Feb. 07 I finally received a call from the internal recruiter about my resume submittal. I was taken by her phone call because I had totally forgot about the position since I submitted my resume. In the span of 5 mos. her explaination was that the company was relocating their headquarters from Illinois to Georgia which was the reason for the delay. She was impressed with my background for the position for which I was applying and said that she would forward my resume to the hiring manager to possibly set up a interview. It's been 2 weeks and have not heard anything from her. Their hiring process appears to be very unorganized and lacks focus. I have made several attempts to connect with the recruiter but no response!

CDV in Charlotte, North Carolina

98 months ago

Funny, I see the same ads too. As a matter of deduction, I did not bother with this company given all the "red flags."

Have you ever seen their building in Huntersville, NC ?If not,I pass it quite often, and it is very depressing.

Here's an idea: Don't buy their products when you can recognize it's their brand. Perhaps the head honchos will get the message.

Relative to job searching, the internet has become a huge obstacle. It deminishes the human elemant.

BTY,Thinking of relocating to NC? Think again!

AB in KS in Libertyville, Illinois

98 months ago

I applied for a Manager position at a plant in KS. After 1 hr, I received an e-mail telling me they were "very interested" in me and my qualifications for the position. It took over 10 phone call attempts, 1 month, and 4 e-mails before I received another e-mail response that the postion had been filled. I am still seeing it listed as a new posting after I've been told it's already filled??

Not professional and not appropriate!

Ken in Charlotte, North Carolina

98 months ago

Unless you have a death sentance I would stay far away from this position. There are few metrics to measure sucess, it is a politcal appointment and most of the divsions dislike and are suspect of corporate interference. Unless you have done a long stint at P&G or a long senior brand management role at Gillette or Coke, you won't make the cut here. And good luck getting anything done.

Karen in Atlanta in Atlanta, Georgia

98 months ago

I've worked with Newell Rubbermaid here in Atlanta on the accounting side and I think because I am totally bypassing HR and working directly with the hiring managers - I have had success placing candidates and not wasting a bunch of peoples (including my own) time. The company is SO big that HR cannot get a handle on it, go through a recruiter if you can find one with inside contacts.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kevin in Baltimore, Maryland

96 months ago

Robert Stephens in Statesville, North Carolina said: I read online that Rubbermaid is moving from I believe Ohio, so most of the jobs will transfer to Huntersville. I doubt very seriously ANY jobs are actually available.

only Rubbermaid Home Product (RHP) is moving to Huntersville NC. Which is also where the rest of Rubbermaid is located (home product, commercial products, food products) and where Irwin is located. The headquarters for Newell Rubbermaid is Atlanta GA. I work in corporate finance for the company. It really is a great company.

Job Seeker in Atlanta in Atlanta, Georgia

96 months ago

I agree. I have applied for several positions online. I even called the HR department to ask if the website is broken or is it better to apply in person, and I have yet to receive a response. I'm wondering too if they are serious.

Guess??? in Alpharetta, Georgia

96 months ago

I have managed to pass the HR screening, pass the screening with the hiring manager, manage to excel to a site interview. At the end of that interview I was told that I would be meeting with the VP of the group. I'm really curious just how close I am or if they are just playing me off because I'm part of another large corporation in the area that is outsourcing.

Caretaker in Oxford, Kansas

96 months ago

From Kansas, The History of Rubbermaid here is as follows:
Every so often they will fire a lot of folks, hire temp workers with a promise of hire after 90 days if they like your work record. They will fire a temp for even the slightest infraction or injury.

Safety on site is something they preach about, then do nothing to enhance. A droped knife that cuts your foot is cause for termination. A cold will get you sacked.

Hours are long, and there is no shift preference for even the most long time employees. Wages of course, are bottom line.

If you like being in a living hell for work, wondering if the druggie alongside of you is going to get you killed, or the barhopper that does more than wink at the next likely marriage candidate to walk through the door, then please go to work for these people.

There is no sense of pride or ownership of your position here, as ideas are routinely shot down as "not invented here", or "it will cost to much to implement".

These jobs are posted on the web, only to justify the salary for the head of HR and the IT folks that post them.

BEWARE, WORKING FOR RUBBERMAID CAN BE A TRAP!!!

Nikki in Atlanta in Norcross, Georgia

96 months ago

NH in Atlanta, Georgia said: I applied for a Sr.Treasury Analyst position that was posted on one of the major job boards in late 2006. In Feb. 07 I finally received a call from the internal recruiter about my resume submittal. I was taken by her phone call because I had totally forgot about the position since I submitted my resume. In the span of 5 mos. her explaination was that the company was relocating their headquarters from Illinois to Georgia which was the reason for the delay. She was impressed with my background for the position for which I was applying and said that she would forward my resume to the hiring manager to possibly set up a interview. It's been 2 weeks and have not heard anything from her. Their hiring process appears to be very unorganized and lacks focus. I have made several attempts to connect with the recruiter but no response!

Same instance happened to me about a month ago and i was told the same thing; that they were moving the headquarters to Georgia and I may not hear back for a couple of weeks because I guess the managers were in transition?.....still waiting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Guess??? in Alpharetta, Georgia

96 months ago

Nikki in Atlanta in Norcross, Georgia said: Same instance happened to me about a month ago and i was told the same thing; that they were moving the headquarters to Georgia and I may not hear back for a couple of weeks because I guess the managers were in transition?.....still waiting.

I'm going over two weeks now for this division. If you have waited a month, then I will be waiting along time for them to get their act together for the Maryville DC and manufacturing site.

384 in Falling Waters, West Virginia

96 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Observer in Carol Stream, Illinois

94 months ago

I've seen this same job for the Learning & Development Manager in their Oak Brook office posted & reposted for six months. We live in a very educated, white collar, affluent area with scores of people seeking employment yet they can't find anyone qualified enough to fill it? That raises big, big flags. Watch out for this company.

CJM in Boca Raton, Florida

93 months ago

Well, I also have sent out resumes to MANY companies with no replies. I have many years of professional sales experience but I figured I didn't get called because they could figure out I was over forty. I guess that isn't the only reason. I am at the point now that when I see a lot of replies or comments attached to a job posting I figure the dialog HAS to be bad so I don't bother submitting my resume. The same goes for jobs that I see posted over and over again that I know I am qualified for but no response- those companies must have a very high turnover rate (probably saves them from have to pay benefits)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

BYH in Tennessee

15 months ago

Overall, this company is typical of many out there. They think the answer to solving loss of business is to go cheaper by getting rid of quality people and switching to Geico, which to a bean counter it looks good on paper but not to the road ahead. NR is getting killed on the global market because they lack the initiative to retain quality. Communication is lacking and work loads are atrocious whenever they fail to backfill a slot. Once you have worked directly for one person and he/she knows nothing about your job but wants to ONLY so they can squeeze you for what they can get and then boot you out the door for a low rent employee.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.