What's the company culture at Nextgen Healthcare?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

Every business has its own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Nextgen Healthcare?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Nextgen Healthcare?

Reply - Report abuse

commentor in Hatboro, Pennsylvania

18 months ago

Jeans, which is surprising since they think they are doctors in there, even the HR people. They are a little too unprofessional in my opinion.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

employee in Austin, Texas

15 months ago

We used to be able to wear jeans and other casual wear but that was changed recently. What one wears (with in reason) is not an accurate meansure of what the company produces unlike what the prior commentor is sugesting. It only makes it harder to hire and keep young creative software developers.

12 months ago

They want to hire and keep "young" developers? You do realize that is called age discrimination? Your age is not a qualification and if employers treat it as such they are violating Federal law. I know I was stuck in a room once with two kids close to 20 years younger deciding if they want to work with me. If you believe you have been discriminated against by Nextgen or any other company and are over the age 40 report this to the EEOC here: www.eeoc.gov/employees/charge.cfm

I believe that Nextgen has age discrimination issues but they are usually not free to admit it like employee in Austin Texas did by mentioning about hiring and keeping "young creative software developers".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

to empoyee in Austin in Hatboro, Pennsylvania

12 months ago

Your age is not a qualification.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

12 months ago

On the topic of the dress code at Nextgen before being sidetrack at the fact that employee in Austin demonstrated that he wants Nextgen to hire and keep young employees. I firmly believe that if they had any say in the hiring process, they would discriminate against an older candidate in favor of the younger candidate. Saying you want "young" employees to someone over 40 is the same as saying you want "white" employees.

The only reason I mentioned the dress at Nextgen is because I was told by HR at their main office in Horsham PA to "dress appropriately" for the interview. I thought he meant a suit. I was surprised when the HR rep showed up in jeans. Of course after viewing the HR reps background, they had no background in HR except working briefly at a third party agency.

Bob in Pottstown, Pennsylvania

9 months ago

I was just to the Horsham PA office for a interview, and the _manager_ who interviewed me was dressed in jeans, sneakers(running shoes) and a Phillies t-shirt. I am not joking, a manager was dressed for a lazy Saturday afternoon during work hours at work! Most of the employees had on shorts, t-shirts and sneakers/running shoes.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.