OFFICIAL Nielsen Analytic Assessment Test (From an insider)

Comments (1 to 50 of 70)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

AgentKeyserSoze in Bermuda Triangle

48 months ago

I have a copy of the analytic assessment test and an answer key. I worked for The Nielsen Company (North America) for 5 years at the Senior Manager and Director level. Got questions about interview/case studies/test/work? Ask away. I will not serve up the test questions or answers verbatim but fire away with any conceptual questions. Wanna know about compensation or bonus? I'm your man.

dtracanelli@gmail.com in Toronto, Ontario

47 months ago

Hi, I am about to take the analytic assessment test next Monday, I would like to know what I should prepare to, for 2 major reasons: My mother tongue isn't English and I am a Psychologist, so I would like to know how much formulas, hard data, numbers, etc, i should be prepare of... Any clues will be really much appreciated... Thanks.

blueskies81 in Villeneuve-le-roi, France

47 months ago

Hi AgentKeyserSoze
Thanks for all the information, am already onto it.

Hey joeynoel
I took the test last week, but it was for a Analyst position (in CPG sector and not Media research)and not managerial. It is exactly as AgentKeyserSoze has told above, the questions haven't changed much. And overall you need to get score 6/10 to clear the test.

I worked on lot of stuff that I downloaded from the internet and and they were timed tests. The time pressure helps you in the real test.

manoj in Bangalore, India

35 months ago

AgentKeyserSoze in Bermuda Triangle said: I have a copy of the analytic assessment test and an answer key. I worked for The Nielsen Company (North America) for 5 years at the Senior Manager and Director level. Got questions about interview/case studies/test/work? Ask away. I will not serve up the test questions or answers verbatim but fire away with any conceptual questions. Wanna know about compensation or bonus? I'm your man.

Can you please share those test questions and key answers to me if you do not mind. I have test on monday morning.

Regards
Manoj

vermadixit in Delhi, India

35 months ago

It would be great if you can share the test papers and key answers as i have a test on monday morning i.e. 2nd july,2012.

I would be really grateful to you if you can send the papers asap as it would give me a better idea on the types of questions.

Regards,
Dixit

34 months ago

WalshA in California said: Curious is the test still looks the same or is it the same as previous postings? Thank You

The test has not changed since I first saw it 3 years ago.

WalshA in California

34 months ago

AgentKeyserSoze in Bermuda Triangle said: I am not providing anyone with the actual exam. I will offer advice on how to approach and prepare for the test and subsequent interview process.

AgentKey - Thanks for your assistance. Curious if the exam/process has stayed as you described it earlier in this thread - not looking for the actual questions - i've prepared following that so I want to make sure that that is still the case. Thanks in advance.

WalshA in California

34 months ago

AgentKeyserSoze in Bermuda Triangle said: The test has not changed since I first saw it 3 years ago.

Apologizes for the repost - thanks AgentKey

Tirsar09 in Stamford, Connecticut

34 months ago

Can you please tell me what kind of math problems should I prepare for? Also some examples of case studies & composition. My exam is tomorrow!!!! Thavks you do much for all your help,

34 months ago

Tirsar09 in Stamford, Connecticut said: Can you please tell me what kind of math problems should I prepare for? Also some examples of case studies & composition. My exam is tomorrow!!!! Thavks you do much for all your help,

See my second post.

vdenkova in Bronx, New York

33 months ago

Hi everyone,

Thank you all so much for the useful information! I am about to take the exam in a day and was wondering if anyone can share any additional questions that weren't already mentioned? I really want to pass the test and would really appreciate your help!

Thank you!

33 months ago

vdenkova in Bronx, New York said: Hi everyone,

Thank you all so much for the useful information! I am about to take the exam in a day and was wondering if anyone can share any additional questions that weren't already mentioned? I really want to pass the test and would really appreciate your help!

Thank you!

No one should be divulging test questions verbatim. The gist of every question has already been mentioned at least once. Read this thread carefully. Power through some GMAT questions. Read carefully and you'll be fine.

vdenkova

33 months ago

Hey, I didnt mean actual questions, just major topics that might have been missed in the forum...I'll go by whatever's already covered, thanks again!

WalshA in California

33 months ago

AgentKeyserSoze in Bermuda Triangle said: No one should be divulging test questions verbatim. The gist of every question has already been mentioned at least once. Read this thread carefully. Power through some GMAT questions. Read carefully and you'll be fine.

AgentKeyserSoze - Once one has completed their interviews, what is the decision process internally? How long does it usually take? Thanks!

33 months ago

There is no SOP for how long a decision process takes. It can happen overnight or it can take a number of weeks (especially if they're still interviewing for the position).

The client contract roles (opposed to the general practice area) jobs tend to be filled faster just because the client is clamoring for support.

What position are you applying for?

yosh12 in Birmingham, United Kingdom

33 months ago

AgentKeyserSoze in Bermuda Triangle said: There is no SOP for how long a decision process takes. It can happen overnight or it can take a number of weeks (especially if they're still interviewing for the position).

The client contract roles (opposed to the general practice area) jobs tend to be filled faster just because the client is clamoring for support.

What position are you applying for?

AgentKeyserSoze, I have numeracy test and a case study to undertake for the Graduate Market Excutive in Oxford, UK.

Will the test be similar to the examples you provided above?
Also provide me with recommendations of websites to practise on?
Thank you.

Joe elway in Barueri, Brazil

32 months ago

AgentKeyserSoze in Bermuda Triangle said: I have a copy of the analytic assessment test and an answer key. I worked for The Nielsen Company (North America) for 5 years at the Senior Manager and Director level. Got questions about interview/case studies/test/work? Ask away. I will not serve up the test questions or answers verbatim but fire away with any conceptual questions. Wanna know about compensation or bonus? I'm your man.

I will do the test tomorrow and being unemployed for a while i need to pass. Could you help me?

genioo in Ithaca, New York

31 months ago

Hi AgentKeyser,

I have to take the analytic assessment tomorrow. I would really appreciate it if you could send me a copy of a previous year's test. Thank you!

genioo11@gmail.com

hana in Milton Keynes, United Kingdom

31 months ago

Could you pleaseeee send me a copy of the questionssss :((( I really need it

Joel amorim in Osasco, Brazil

31 months ago

Dera agent,
I have tomorrow the interview part ( just passed the Math test with 8/10 and English 7/10). I am applying for a Bases director position. Could you help me with what kind of intervies I will have. It was said that will take 3 hours of interview.pls i really would like to pass and ask your kindly help on that. My mail is joelamorim@ymail.com, and i am applying in Brazil.

mad mike in Cheshire, Connecticut

31 months ago

About how long does it take to hear back from Nielsen after submitting the take-home case study?

Kevin in Mississauga, Ontario

31 months ago

don't know... didn't go through that step. Sorry, can't help you.

dep in Jakarta, Indonesia

30 months ago

Hi AgentKeyserSoze, would you mind sending me the analytic assessment test and the answer key? I'm doing the test tomorrow morning. My email is hartonodevina@yahoo.com

Thanks!

carla caravela in Lisbon, Portugal

30 months ago

dtracanelli@gmail.com in Toronto, Ontario said: Hi, I am about to take the analytic assessment test next Monday, I would like to know what I should prepare to, for 2 major reasons: My mother tongue isn't English and I am a Psychologist, so I would like to know how much formulas, hard data , numbers, etc, i should be prepare of... Any clues will be really much appreciated... Thanks.

Hello, Im doing the analytic assesment next week. Can you please give me some informations about the exercices Amazon does on those tests? Thank you very much

raging13 in Warsaw, Poland

30 months ago

Hi AgentKeyserSoze,
I have my written assesment scheduled for Monday for an analyst position. I would be extremely grateful if you could please email me the practice questions at peevas88@gmail.com

Thanks!

raging13 in Warsaw, Poland

30 months ago

Shipra in Waukegan, Illinois said: Hi AgentKeyserSoze,
I have my written assesment scheduled next week for analyst position.It will be very helpful if you can forward me the practice questions at shipra.singhal@gmail.com
Thanks,
shipra

Hey Shipra,

Just wanted to know how you're preparing for the assessment and what sources/practice tests are you using? I have my test on Monday and honestly am not sure how to go about it.

Thanks for the help!

Andy in Stoke-on-trent, United Kingdom

30 months ago

Joel amorim in Osasco, Brazil said: Dera agent,
I have tomorrow the interview part ( just passed the Math test with 8/10 and English 7/10). I am applying for a Bases director position. Could you help me with what kind of intervies I will have. It was said that will take 3 hours of interview.pls i really would like to pass and ask your kindly help on that. My mail is joelamorim@ymail.com, and i am applying in Brazil.

Hi will it be possible to give me the questions or topics so i can practice for my interview.thank u

Char in Melbourne, Australia

30 months ago

Hi AgentKeyserSoze, I'm taking the test this Friday for a Graduate Executive position. Can you send me the sample test or questions and topics for it? I would be extremely grateful if you could send it to my email, marcel.sirait@gmail.com

Thanks a lot!

John in Toronto, Ontario

30 months ago

hi AgentKeyserSoze,

I am also taking this test tomorrow and honestly, i have found no concrete way to prepare for the test other than the GMAT. It's been a long time since i took a stats class, so i do not have the time to study the entire GMAT Quantitative section. If you can send me some practice questions, I would really appreciate it: smesaros@yorku.ca

Thanks.

Andy in United Kingdom

30 months ago

I knooo all the questions lool!!!!those questions including the case studies are as fresh in my mind as fresh bananas.loooooool

Emmetje in United States minor outlying islands

29 months ago

Dear AgentKeyserSoze,
I am taking the math test as well in a few days. Would you mind sending me some examples of questions so I can practice? Preferably with teh answers so I can check if I'm doing well or not :-)
Thanks so much in advance! het_emmetje[at]yahoo.com

Andrew in United Kingdom

29 months ago

Case study : a new soap which performs 3 functions in one.Give the strengths and weekness of the new soap launched.The multiple choice is 10questions and passmark is 5.study Venn diagrames very well.The rest are common sense maths questions but very hard and tricky.you gotta be very smart

rb1215 in Rockville, Maryland

29 months ago

If you are still checking into this forum after all these requests..would you mind sending to me? I am applying for a Sr Manager role as well. Thanks! rimi.basu1215@gmail.com

Tina in Jackson Heights, New York

29 months ago

Hey,

Could you please send me a copy of the test and answer key? Thanks!!!

tiantianhou616@gmail.com.

tazwms98 in Chicago, Illinois

28 months ago

Can you please forward me the sample test and answer key. tazwms98@yahoo.com Thanks in advance

Hal9000 in Madison, Wisconsin

28 months ago

I just took the Manager/Sr. Manager test for the Custom Analytics area and I can tell you that none of the question talked about here were on the test. In fact, the questions wer not even the same type or even remotely close to anything given here. It was all timed logic games questions almost exactly like the LSAT and then personality questions. If you want the best advice, get a copy of an LSAT study book and focus on the logic games section. I don't know who AgentKeyserSose is but I sincerely doubt that he has anything at all to do with Nielsen!

Tomcat in Union City, California

28 months ago

Hey thanks for the information everyone. I had just a few specific questions.

1)Is this assessment computer based? Is there an assessment on software proficiency (Excel, Access)?

2)For the questions such as "How many rolls of towel paper are sold in the US", what would a reasonable thought process be? Assume 3 rolls of towel paper are purchased per week by a household, multiply that with the number of american households, multiply that by the weeks in the a year (52)? I guess these are the questions which intrigue me the most, another example i saw said something like

"How many planes depart from an airport on a given day" or something like that. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Tomcat in Union City, California

28 months ago

Hal9000 in Madison, Wisconsin said: I just took the Manager/Sr. Manager test for the Custom Analytics area and I can tell you that none of the question talked about here were on the test. In fact, the questions wer not even the same type or even remotely close to anything given here. It was all timed logic games questions almost exactly like the LSAT and then personality questions. If you want the best advice, get a copy of an LSAT study book and focus on the logic games section. I don't know who AgentKeyserSose is but I sincerely doubt that he has anything at all to do with Nielsen!

Hi Hal9000, I was interested in applying for the Associate Manager - Innovation Analytics position (similar to yours it appears), and just had a few basic questions.

1) Is the exam computer based? Also, will proficiency of software such as Excel be tested?

2) How soon after you applied did you hear back, and how long after that did you take the exams?

Thanks for the heads up on using the LSAT as a bases for prepping for the exam, i recall those logic games, they can be a killer in a timed environment.

Hal9000 in Madison, Wisconsin

27 months ago

Hey Tomcat,

The exam was online, timed and purely logic games. Don't know if that differs by position. There was a lot of talk about software, methodology, etc. in the interviews but no test.

I applied online, heard back in about 3 weeks, did HR interview, then they sent me a link for the test two days later. After that, I interviewed with 7 different people over about a 3 week time frame. Had to provide some past work samples. Got an offer about a week after the final interview. Standard background check. Start date about 3 weeks after offer.

A very thorough process but I did not feel like I was wasting my time. Everyone was very professional and forthcoming about expectations. All in all, it was a good experience.

Gokul in India

26 months ago

Hi AgentKeyserSoze,
I have my written assesment scheduled on Monday for analyst position.It will be very helpful if you can forward me the practice questions at gokul.shetti@gmail.com
Thanks,
Gokul

Carmenita in Cape Town, South Africa

26 months ago

Hi AgentKeyserSoze (or anyone who can assist ASAP),

Please can you email me a copy of the assessment Q&A to carmenita.stallenberg@gmail.com?

Have my assesment tomorrow morning.

Thank you!!

Marwa Ayesha in Chicago, Illinois

25 months ago

Can you also mail me a copy of the assessment at marwa3990@gmail.com. Thanks!

Lui W in Hong Kong, Hong Kong

25 months ago

Dear AgentKeyserSoze / Friends,

Please share with me your advice, inputs, comments and any sample questions regarding the assessment. I have the test in a day. It could be very very helpful. Email to Lui.w87@gmail.com

Anca Taran in Bucharest, Romania

24 months ago

Dear all,
just finished up my first interview with Nielsen Romania, the Advanced Analytics division.
It was a 2 part discussion: half an hour of discussions regarding my previous experience and why did I take an interest in the job.
The second part was a practical exercise. If you are interested to find out more feel free to write me at taran.anca@gmail.com.

Best of luck,

Maphindi in Johannesburg, South Africa

23 months ago

Carmenita in Cape Town, South Africa said: Hi AgentKeyserSoze (or anyone who can assist ASAP),

Have my assesment tomorrow morning.

Thank you!!

Please can you email me a copy of the assessment Q&A to maphindingubane@yahoo.com ?

George in Athens, Greece

22 months ago

I passed Nielsen test 20 days ago for the position of Clients Executive.
We were 15 people applying for the same position, who passed test all together in the same room.
Test questions were simiilar to gmat questions and the time was one hour, which was sufficient to complete but not to doublecheck very carefully.
In this test the last question was a very simple case study giving a table with data regarding sales increase due to an advertisment and asking to explain what we can result from those numbers.

After the test there was a brief presentation of the company.
And finally, the real case study:
We were all given the same 3 pages of a presentation already prepared by Nielsen for a client (no names of course).
There were graphs and we were given 15 minutes to study the graphs and then called to a role play
I was Nielsen represenative, while the interviewer was the "customer" to whom I presented the graphs and results.
Of course this was held in separate rooms for each candidate.

I didn't have any news yet, but waiting : )

Randy in New York, New York

21 months ago

To AgentKeyserSoze,

Thank you for sharing these helpful hints. I'm glad that you aren't sending actual test questions to anyone, as that defeats the purpose of the exercise and if I do get the role - I'd like to know that my coworkers passed the test in the same way that I did. For those who haven't read all the way through - agentKeyserSoze shared a most helpful list of what to study:

"Format: 10- business math word problems. None of these problems require anything by basic math (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication ). However a couple require you to setup a VERY basic algebra equations. The problems are NOT multiple choice and a couple questions have sub questions.

1-case study : You're given a crosstab of data and asked to draw some conclusions and make a recommendation.
1-writing sample: you're given a theoretical new product and asked to write a memo about the product's strengths and weaknesses. This is pretty easy.

Time: 90 minutes

Rules: You're allowed a calculator and scratch paper. Show your work .

Type of word problems: Venn diagram, weighted average, break-even analysis (you're given cost, production rate and price), rate of production, volume forecasting (you're given population, usage and consumption rates and asked to figure out the volume), and conditional probability."

For those of you that took the GMAT, or struggled through the Manhattan GMAT study guides, you'll quickly realize that this is not even 10% of the overall topics covered for the quantitative section. PLUS, we get to use a calculator (Schwing!). Let's get by on merit, people. It's enough of an advantage to have this small sample of properties to brush up on, limits how much you really need to study. My plan is to remind myself of the number properties behind each of the topics listed, time myself doing a few practice questions each, and then give it a shot.

Want to join Nielsen! in Chicago, Illinois

20 months ago

Hi there,

I am wondering if there are probability questions on this test? For example, will I need to know how to work out probability tables?

Thanks in advance.

Randy Malm in New York, New York

20 months ago

Yes, there are. I would brush up on conditional probability formulas. They weren't all that difficult, they were in the form of word problems similar to the GMAT

Need help! in Toronto, Ontario

19 months ago

HI URGENTLY NEED HELP WITH THE FOLLOWING:

I JUST GO AN EMAIL FROM NIELSEN (NORTH AMERICA) TO GO ONLINE AND COMPLETE SOME TEST. Now the only test I have heard before is the WRITTEN. Can someone tell me what it is about? How important is it? I was told its an hour long and I must complete it before appearing for the interview (day after tomorrow)

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.