NIKE Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at NIKE?

What do you like best about working at NIKE? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

Jake in Parrish, Florida

90 months ago

I worked for nike for 6 years. Let me tell you a little bit about Nike. First, and foremost Ive worn nike merchandise for the majority of my life, so when I got older, I always thought about working for the Nike company. However, everything that I thought about nike, about how it was a good company and that the employees had to be some of the best paid retail staff. However, that is far less from the truthe. Nike employees, usually start out a little above minimum wage. They prefer kids still in highschool because this way they will be far less to complain about wages, benefits, and raises. The only way to receive benefits is to be a full-time employee.Likewise if you some how work diligently for a minimum wage pay for quite a while, or the position comes up, then the benefits will be an excellent source.Nike benefit package pay over 85% depending on the medical,or dental. etc. My point being if you really love nike, for the company it is and are willing to work hard day in and day out, it might pay off. But if your looking to move up real quickly up the ladder of success, your better off going to college and getting into corporate Nike, thats where all the money is going. Because the only people that are really getting paid in retail are the top three managers. Sorry...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (109) / No (59) Reply - Report abuse

Someone Who's Survived in Portland, Oregon

90 months ago

For the most part, the "worker bees" get paid just slightly below market for the area in Portland. There are some very well-paid people at the WHQ, but if you were to compare their salaries to comparable positions in other businesses in the area, they are usually not as high. What hooks people at the Nike campus are all the benefits of working for Nike - like incredible retail discounts, sample sales, a resort-like campus with ameneties like bank machines, gift shops, dry cleaners, restaurants and state of the art gym facilities. Those are things you really can't put a price on.

Yes, the company pays the majority of your health benefits package, but so do many other large companies.

Don't hope to get in at the retail level and work your way up. There are college grads working at WHQ now who will tell you that they took a night janitor's job on Campus and worked it for years, waiting for an opportunity to do what they went to school for. It's hard to compete with that.

Good luck...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Chelsea in Washington, District of Columbia

85 months ago

It would be absurd to think working for any large corporation in retail in lieu of getting a degree and relevant work experience will pay off.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

Samuele Linetti in Modena, Italy

82 months ago

Hi, I'm a Italian not-nike worker so first of all I'm sorry for my bad english.

I heard so many different things about nike and it's wage and benefits.. I know a person that work here in Italy in nike and he told me things that I though unbelievable.. Maybe somebody here could tell me if it's true.
He is in retail, 30 years old more or less, graduate in college in economics, he's responsible of sales for a small area of italy (he talks about not key clients). More the wage He tells he has:

- the car of company paid, fuel and every support for car (He lives about 1/2 hour by car far from the workplace)
- Mobile phone
- Dinners and meals
- Hotels for night stay
- special discount as corporate on some stores
Has to be considered that all these benefits are used for a great part as personal benefits (i.e. he goes on market, out at night with the car, makes phone calls to his family, friends and girlfriend, pay a meal over the minimum limit declaring he's with clients)

Last year he bought an apple ipod on apple store and he shows me the receipt telling me he paid with the visa that nike gave him.
It's that all possible?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (54) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.