AVOID A JOB AT NORDSTROM AND NORDSTROM RACK, THEY FIRE WHEN BUSINESS IS SLOW

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

JEkelstein in Los Angeles, California

18 months ago

I just got a job there and have the orientation soon. Do they drug test at the orientation? I don't smoke but my roommate does and I know I have some second hand in my system. Did they test at the beginning or end? 1st day or 2nd? Help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

InvincibleSummer in Utah

17 months ago

JEkelstein in Los Angeles, California said: I just got a job there and have the orientation soon. Do they drug test at the orientation? I don't smoke but my roommate does and I know I have some second hand in my system. Did they test at the beginning or end? 1st day or 2nd? Help!

I hope I'm not too late for the drug test question. I worked there, no drug testing of any sort at orientation. Their policy is that they won't press for testing unless they suspect you of doing it. In most cases they just get you to quit before it ever gets to a test. However, that's in Utah. Different states might have different laws. If it's a million dollar Nordstrom they might have the money to require tests right off the bat.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Rubyj in Los Angeles, California

12 months ago

JEkelstein in Los Angeles, California said: I just got a job there and have the orientation soon. Do they drug test at the orientation? I don't smoke but my roommate does and I know I have some second hand in my system. Did they test at the beginning or end? 1st day or 2nd? Help!

I'm in the same situation. So Did they ever do a drug test? They didn't say anything about it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

tiatiabobia in seattle, Washington

10 months ago

Rubyj in Los Angeles, California said: I'm in the same situation. So Did they ever do a drug test? They didn't say anything about it

no drug test

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

chandler fashion center in Peoria, Arizona

6 months ago

Dont worry, no drug test! you could be on herion and still get in. So you can keep on smoking dope, sorry, I mean you can keep inhaling your roommates 2nd hand smoke, shouldn't be a problem.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Michelle in Havertown, Pennsylvania

4 months ago

The other comment about being disposable and firing when they are slow is very true. At the Rack they clean house around Christmas. You could be getting good reviews, never late, etc. but they will let you go after a certain amount of time. I had one negative comment from a customer and I was out. I was there 3 years and got good reviews and good customer comments. One coworker was there 9 years and then got one nasty customer and he was out. But they want you to be perfect and have every single customer love you. Talk about unrealistic. So you have to be perky, phony and upbeat 100% of the time, talk up everything about the Rack as so wonderful, but in the meantime, they treat the associates like pure crap. They work you to death, threaten that if you don't do everything you're supposed to, they'll keep you here all night if they have to. They give you so much in one shift to do that no one could really do. If you don't, you hear it and they write you up. So you run around feeling like you're so awful because you couldn't do it all. I don't think I was ever treated so badly at a job. Awful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Gina in Austin, Texas

4 months ago

I SOOOOOO Agree with you Michelle on so many different levels! I worked my butt off at the rack for a full solid year. From the moment I started, to the moment I put in my 2 weeks, which when I think about it, I should have just walked off and gave them all the finger and told them where to stick it! It's like your walking into High School all over again with all the drama. They like to hire teens and 20 somethings! They are about ageism too. They don't really promote anyone older in age. Everything is about who you know, who's butt your kissing best and you have to generally look the part. All by still wearing a horrible ugly t- shirt they make you wear. Your work ethic means nothing to them, all they are concerned about is how many reward cards you get, and emails. Basically the numbers! They only promote people who rub them the right way. So basicially you can be lazy as heck, but if you kiss their butts and play their game right, your in! VERY POLITICAL! And they have this stupid meaningless "Open Door Policy" that you feel would be protecting your rights of employment? Think again! If you bring up the fact that you have proof, and also perceive that you are being treated unfairly or bypassed for promotions, and talk to HR about it? That is all it will go. Even if you try to call corporate, they are ALL in it together to mainly protect themselves and not YOU! The managers, The people who have been promoted, all the way up to the big wigs, I personally do not think of them as good people. They are fake, two faced, butt kissing, judge mental, self centered people who stop at nothing for their power trip! Not one decent person I knew, has ever made it to a lead position. I knew of a decent manager who actually stood up for me to the Store Manager, because he did not agree with how I was being unfairly passed up for promotion, and he ended up being demoted from manager to sales person shortly after. Such Bull!! Don't get me started on The Full Line Store!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.