Nordstrom Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Nordstrom?

What do you like best about working at Nordstrom? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

hawaii in Honolulu, Hawaii

71 months ago

huh

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (40) Reply - Report abuse

kvaughn4275 in Mendham, New Jersey

62 months ago

Depends on what type of job you want. I took a PT sales job working for a designer department in October 2008. I'd worked coporate sales for 12 years and decided to wanted a different career in a different inudstry. To bide some time and make some money while I figured out the next step I decided on Nordstrom. It had a good reputation and I love fashion. Well, it wasn't nearly as fun as I expected. I worked with 2 women I couldn't stand, which never happened for me before. I get along with everyone usually. I worked 100% for commission, and no benefits as I was part-time, my choice. But it became very apparent to me that between the competition and fuzzy rules of sales and weakening economy that this wasn't a lasting career for me. I worked my tail off but only made NET $5,0870 October 6-January 31, 2009. Not only that, they don't care if you're a great worker. I was laid off because I was the newest employees, even though I was better than another woman who had only been there 1 year. I want to work for a company that rewards results, not the months on a calendar. If financial security isn't a problem for you and you can put up with working with all women, than go for it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (63) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.