How to get a job at North American Carbide.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

Do you work at North American Carbide? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

anthony_dehart in Maiden, North Carolina

69 months ago

I have 30 years experience in the cutting tool industry. The majority of this time spent designing and producing insert tooling for highly specialized applications. I am interested in working for an international company having spent a considerable amount of time in Europe and Asia. I am most interested in the raw materials (carbide powder, carbide blanks, and poly crystalline diamond material) side of the business because research and development was the area that I have devoted most of my time. I gained a thorough understanding of this material and the manufacturing process by working closely with suppliers collaborating to improve product quality and identify the specific requirements of the domestic North American markets. I have developed complete business plans from scratch including the construction of a cutting tool facility, extensive sales, marketing and distribution plans and close work with major producers of the specialized grinding machinery required to convert these raw materials into a finished product.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.