Blank Job Status

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

GreatEngineerInTheMaking in Washington DC, District of Columbia

58 months ago

So I need an opinion on how to take this. Some time ago a NG manager contacted me regarding an engineering position NG posted online. Then I interviewed with them about a week later from our initial contact and the interview was phenomenal. What they were looking for regarding experience, education, and such were in line with what I have. I was even introduced to other team members to get an idea of what I would be working with if I did get the job. About two weeks or so later passed by and my job status online went from Candidate Pool to Interview to a blank status within two days. Obviously I was excited about this since getting a job from an online posting is quite rare (based on past forum postings). A day later, HR contacted me about filling out some documents. Now it is about a week later and I have yet to hear anything. Thoughts? Should I be concern about the blank status? Is this a good thing? I understand that a job offer is not official unless I have it in writing but after being unemployed for 5 months I'm quite excited to potentially have a job again. Thanks for your help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Engineer08 in Glen Allen, Virginia

58 months ago

I think in your case, you got the job. Couple reasons

1. Why would they take additional effort of introducing you to other team members?

2. I think its good sign that interview status changed to blank status

3. Another good sign is that they ask you to fill out some documents

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

GreatEngineerInTheMaking in Washington DC, District of Columbia

58 months ago

Engineer08 in Glen Allen, Virginia said: I think in your case, you got the job. Couple reasons

1. Why would they take additional effort of introducing you to other team members?

2. I think its good sign that interview status changed to blank status

3. Another good sign is that they ask you to fill out some documents

That's what I thought too. I am just excited to get back to work as would anyone would be if they were in my situation. I posted this comment as a sanity check. Thanks for making me feel beter.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Putaine in Washington, District of Columbia

56 months ago

GreatEngineerInTheMaking in Washington DC, District of Columbia said: That's what I thought too. I am just excited to get back to work as would anyone would be if they were in my situation. I posted this comment as a sanity check. Thanks for making me feel beter.

Did you wind up getting the job in the end?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.