Do recruiters even LOOK at your resume? Sheesh!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

geekgirl in Washington, District of Columbia

69 months ago

I recently applied for a job at Northrop Grumman for an FAA contract that looked like a great match for my skills and experience. I wrote out a nice cover letter and made sure it was titled appropriately in the workbench (you can't directly attach one to a job submission - silly) and sent it in. Imagine my surprise when they changed my status to "Not Selected" within a day of submission!

Talk about annoying. I currently work at a well-respected consulting firm in the area, have a high level clearance (even though the job doesn't require one), and have the right amount of experience listed in the description.

Talk about a bummer. I was so excited about this job, I thought it was right up my alley. :(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Thomas Kruut in Corona, California

69 months ago

Yes....I think that HR departments in big companies play a lot of Games with job postings and they collect information......If a company lets go 2000 workers because of a merger, etc. then makes 800 jobs and posts it on the internet, they "almost" look like heroes for offering 800 jobs. but do the math, 2000-800 = 1200 lost jobs. Also everyone may apply and they will look for how many people are willing to work for a lower salary. Out of those 800 jobs, they may only fill it with previous laid off employees, so other people applying are just part of the game. I believe that many of the jobs out there may never get filled and they are always looking for that one SUPERMAN and will not consider anyone else, but will collect and analyze data.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Reet Aljas in Tallinn, Estonia

69 months ago

Hi . I just looking for contact with previous commentator - T.Kruut. My name is REET and I'm from estonia.../so pls send me e- mail : tuulest@solo.ee Thanks. Sorry for useing this page.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Reet Aljas in Tallinn, Estonia

69 months ago

Thomas Kruut in Corona, California said: Yes....I think that HR departments in big companies play a lot of Games with job postings and they collect information......If a company lets go 2000 workers because of a merger, etc. then makes 800 jobs and posts it on the internet, they "almost" look like heroes for offering 800 jobs. but do the math, 2000-800 = 1200 lost jobs. Also everyone may apply and they will look for how many people are willing to work for a lower salary. Out of those 800 jobs, they may only fill it with previous laid off employees, so other people applying are just part of the game. I believe that many of the jobs out there may never get filled and they are always looking for that one SUPERMAN and will not consider anyone else, but will collect and analyze data.

Hi . I just looking for contact with previous commentator - T.Kruut. My name is REET and I'm from estonia.../so pls send me e- mail : tuulest@solo.ee Thanks. Sorry for useing this page

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Northern Va gal in Centreville, Virginia

68 months ago

geekgirl in Washington, District of Columbia said: I recently applied for a job at Northrop Grumman for an FAA contract that looked like a great match for my skills and experience. I wrote out a nice cover letter and made sure it was titled appropriately in the workbench (you can't directly attach one to a job submission - silly) and sent it in. Imagine my surprise when they changed my status to "Not Selected" within a day of submission!

Talk about annoying. I currently work at a well-respected consulting firm in the area, have a high level clearance (even though the job doesn't require one), and have the right amount of experience listed in the description.

Talk about a bummer. I was so excited about this job, I thought it was right up my alley. :(

Northrop Grumman has the worst corporate HR department I have ever come across...expecting to be hired? It is all about cronism and loyalty hires there and the company is fully of clinical psychopaths as well. It is not a very pleasant place to work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Northern Va gal in Centreville, Virginia

68 months ago

geekgirl in Washington, District of Columbia said: I recently applied for a job at Northrop Grumman for an FAA contract that looked like a great match for my skills and experience. I wrote out a nice cover letter and made sure it was titled appropriately in the workbench (you can't directly attach one to a job submission - silly) and sent it in. Imagine my surprise when they changed my status to "Not Selected" within a day of submission!

I had a great job at Northrop Grumman, and I loved doing what I was doing, however given the major problem they have with managers there, it is also the worst employment decision to work there that I made in my whole life. I am sorry I worked there....but learned that I never want to work for a major corporation again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.