Has anyone been told by a NG HR rep, that the company does not pay for interview visits or reimburse?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

Edwin Ortiz in Jacksonville, Florida

57 months ago

I was interviewed over the phone then told that i was invited for a face to face interview. Then i was told by the HR rep, that they do not cover the costs of those. I live in FL the station is in MD. you tell me? should i bother, or is this normal/?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bosco in Orlando, Florida

57 months ago

That seems strange that they would not at least reimburse you for your travel expenses. For my company, it does depend on the position though. We do reimburse for higher level positions such as Clinicians, Managers, Directors etc.

Not sure what you're interviewing for but I guess it depends on how badly you need the job. As I'm sure you're aware, it's an "employers market" right now meaning that most employers have way more candidates than jobs available and can be more picky. They probably have a number of local candidates who would not require any reimbursement at all and would have a tough time justifying the expense.

Best of luck to you . . .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Bosco in Orlando, Florida

57 months ago

;-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

proresumewriter in Atlanta, Georgia

57 months ago

This is highly unusual. If Northrop Grumman will not reimburse your travel expenses, and if you are unable or unwilling to risk the expense, rather than give up on the position, offer to interview via video conference. They may have such an option.

If they don't agree to a video conference at their expense, find out if the hiring manager is willing to conduct a preliminary interview via Skype video.

If you are interviewing for a position with NG, you probably have an active security clearance. Cleared professionals are in high demand. Take this fact into account when considering your options.

Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

For the last comment, thank you. I will be sure to try and persue all thos option on Monday. I do have an active clearance. The job is for a structural tech position. I myself found it very odd when I was told by I believe one of the HR reps that NG does not pay for or reimburse for travel expenses. I just hope that we can reach somethin on the two options. I did already do my over the phone interview with one of the supervisors in the sector. Thank you for the info. I will reply on Monday when I hear from them again.

proresumewriter in Atlanta, Georgia

57 months ago

Edwin Ortiz in Jacksonville, Florida said: For the last comment, thank you. I will be sure to try and persue all thos option on Monday. I do have an active clearance. The job is for a structural tech position. I myself found it very odd when I was told by I believe one of the HR reps that NG does not pay for or reimburse for travel expenses. I just hope that we can reach somethin on the two options. I did already do my over the phone interview with one of the supervisors in the sector. Thank you for the info. I will reply on Monday when I hear from them again.

Not sure if this is relevant:
www.as.northropgrumman.com/meetis/myinterview/hollywood.html
From NG in Hollywood, MD:
PLEASE COMPLETE THESE FORMS ONLY IF YOU HAVE BEEN REQUESTED TO DO SO BY A NORTHROP GRUMMAN STAFFING REPRESENTATIVE.

For current or former employees of the US Government (this includes Military and Civilian): Please complete and return the Pre-Employment Certification Form C-411, the Application Addendum Form C-550 and the Employment Application Form C-539Q. The Self-ID form is used to collect data required by the federal government; however, completing the information is strictly voluntary. Steps 1 and 2 are provided below to assist you in completing and returning the required forms. A Staffing Representative will contact you if an interview is requested.

For applicants with arranged interview date: Please complete the Employment Application Form C-539Q and forward it to the staffing department prior to your interview date. The Self-ID form is used to collect data required by the federal government; however, completing the information is strictly voluntary. If you are out of the area and incur travel expenses, you may complete an expense form for reimbursement. Steps 1 and 2 are provided below to assist you in completing and returning the required forms prior to your interview date.

Step 3 provides directions to the Northrop Grumman campus.

57 months ago

They did send me some forms similar or the same to those already to fill out.... how will those get me a interview paid or reimbursed....just asking...really... but thank u so much for the help and homework....anything helps

Jon Ryan in Portage, Michigan

57 months ago

I have an upcoming interview with NG at their Hollywood MD location. They are paying my airfare and will cover 2 nights hotel and 3 days of car rental, plus will be reimbursing me for my meals. I'm not sure why that isn't the case for you - maybe it varies by department.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

Really? wow well i have tried to contact them and will keep that in mind. what position if you dont mind me asking is it for that you are going for?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.