Hired By Northrop, Axciom background complete, Federal ----> ??????????? When ?!?!?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

elle eM59 in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida

54 months ago

Hello...
I have been hired by Northrop a few months ago. My Axciom background check is complete but the sp86 check seems to not be going anywhere and my HR person cannot give me any clue as to whats going on with it. No one on any of the many pages has been contacted yet to my knowledge.
How long does this usually take ? Its been over two months now..... Ive taken another position in the meantime because Im so concerned about our financial situation if this goes on too much longer. I really want to work for NGC and know I'll have the unpleasant task of having to quit this other job when my clearance goes through.
If any NGC corporate people read this board, can you give me a clue as to how long the sp86 check usually takes ?
Did I make a mistake by taking this temp job ? I havent started yet, so I can cancel if there is a problem.

Thank in advance !
EM
Ft. Lauderdale, FL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Engineer08 in Glen Allen, Virginia

54 months ago

The time frame varies from couple months to a year. In my case, it took me 7 months to get my secret clearance even though my background was perfect. So if you moved several times and had numerous jobs in last ten years, obviously it's going to take longer. Just wait little bit longer but if it takes longer than additional 9 or 10 months, I think there might be a problem.

By the way, ask NGC for interim clearance. This is temporary clearance given those who are waiting for clearance. This process should take month or two at most. I remember someone getting it within 2 or 3 weeks.

Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

Thank you very much, Engineer08.
I feel a little better, now. I have moved around due to an urgent family matter(illness). I cant imagine anything else that would be an issue.

Thanks again for your help !

Engineer08 in Glen Allen, Virginia said: The time frame varies from couple months to a year. In my case, it took me 7 months to get my secret clearance even though my background was perfect. So if you moved several times and had numerous jobs in last ten years, obviously it's going to take longer. Just wait little bit longer but if it takes longer than additional 9 or 10 months, I think there might be a problem.

By the way, ask NGC for interim clearance. This is temporary clearance given those who are waiting for clearance. This process should take month or two at most. I remember someone getting it within 2 or 3 weeks.

Good Luck

Engineer08 in Richmond, Virginia

54 months ago

No problem. Everything will turn out fine, so don't sweat it. You will be ok

pm in Charlotte, North Carolina

54 months ago

elle eM59 in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida said: Hello...
I have been hired by Northrop a few months ago. My Axciom background check is complete but the sp86 check seems to not be going anywhere and my HR person cannot give me any clue as to whats going on with it. No one on any of the many pages has been contacted yet to my knowledge.
How long does this usually take ? Its been over two months now..... Ive taken another position in the meantime because Im so concerned about our financial situation if this goes on too much longer. I really want to work for NGC and know I'll have the unpleasant task of having to quit this other job when my clearance goes through.
If any NGC corporate people read this board, can you give me a clue as to how long the sp86 check usually takes ?
Did I make a mistake by taking this temp job ? I havent started yet, so I can cancel if there is a problem.

Thank in advance !
EM
Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Hi,

I am in the same boat for a position with NG. My axciom bg check is in process. How long did that take for you. Thanks in advance

pm

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

The axciom check took only a few days. The people they called said they didn't appear to be the brightest bunch with repeated calls asking the same stuff to people who weren't in human resources and not able to answer the questions they kept asking over and over,but still, over in a matter of days. My sp86 was started a week ago with my first corrospondance coming almost 3 months after interview- sp86 submittal. In the meantime, after the aforementioned corrospondance, NGC's HR is asking for more clarification on some stuff from decades ago.Count on sp86 to take a way longer time.It says "7 years" but they go back longer than that on some stuff.
Good luck !!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

elle eM59 in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida said: The axciom check took only a few days. The people they called said they didn't appear to be the brightest bunch with repeated calls asking the same stuff to people who weren't in human resources and not able to answer the questions they kept asking over and over,but still, over in a matter of days. My sp86 was started a week ago with my first corrospondance coming almost 3 months after interview- sp86 submittal. In the meantime, after the aforementioned corrospondance, NGC's HR is asking for more clarification on some stuff from decades ago.Count on sp86 to take a way longer time.It says "7 years" but they go back longer than that on some stuff.
Good luck !!!

Thanks for your response. sounds like this process may take longer than I thought. good to know.
good luck to you too.

pm

52 months ago

elle eM59 in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida said: The axciom check took only a few days. The people they called said they didn't appear to be the brightest bunch with repeated calls asking the same stuff to people who weren't in human resources and not able to answer the questions they kept asking over and over,but still, over in a matter of days. My sp86 was started a week ago with my first corrospondance coming almost 3 months after interview- sp86 submittal. In the meantime, after the aforementioned corrospondance, NGC's HR is asking for more clarification on some stuff from decades ago.Count on sp86 to take a way longer time.It says "7 years" but they go back longer than that on some stuff.
Good luck !!!

Did you get your temporary clearance for NG job ? /my axciom bg check is complete and sp 86 send over for clearance. Appreciate your response

Thanks
pm

52 months ago

Long story short....No.
My NBC Recruiter told me my position would start 6 weeks after interview and end in July.
Almost 3 months later, in April, the FBI had just started their investigation. It was apparant to me for a few reasons I wont bore you with, was going to take a while. When they(FBI) called and asked for stuff I had already given my recruiter and said they had trouble dealing with my high school records from 35 years ago, I said "Enough is enough" and took a job locally because I couldnt wait any longer, financially . Since we are leaving this area in July, I thought this job would be perfect, but the reality was, it might not have even started til July. Since we are leaving anyway, I couldnt wait any longer.

Good luck !

BL in Denver, Colorado

40 months ago

I'm currently in the same boat as all of you. I already a DoD security clearance, however I need to get a more specialized clearance through the agency that's sponsoring me. While my clearance has already been cleared by NG, I've been waiting for 3 months for my security paperwork to be finalized by the sponsoring agency. I graduate soon and may have to turn this job down solely because its taking so long and I need to have an income quickly after I graduate. It's a bummer and its not even NG's fault, I don't think?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.