Hiring Process?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

Nicholasrnr in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

63 months ago

Here is a brief background on what has been going on in the past couple months:

My USAF 4 year enlistment is nearing its end, thus I have been exploring my options in the civilian job world and I gotta tell you... it's a little scary. Thankfully, I still have a stable for for the next 2 months or so, but it's really coming down to the wire, and it seems a little difficult to get any type of response from anyone within NG. I realize they have thousands of applicants and during the process I'm probably looked at as "another number" but how much do I have to bug them to get what I want to know? I just want someone to elaborate on the hiring process. The list they have on the website: Candidate Pool, Screen Candidates, Hiring Manager Review, Interview. Ok, thats great. Those are the steps but how long does each take and what happens during those steps? A very brief one sentence description doesn't really describe what actually takes place. I have sent numerous e-mails to a recruiter I met at a job fair and he always replies with "What positions have you applied to online?" So I send the posting numbers back to the recruiter and he replies with "Oh, well, I can't actually look at those postings because they're not the ones I'm assigned to recruit for. I asked him which ones he DOES recruit for and he informed me that recruiters are not authorized to discuss that information with potential candidates. I followed up two weeks ago by asking if he could put me in contact with a recruiter that covers the job postings I applied to but have yet to hear from him. Basically, I just want to know how each tier in the hiring process is broken down. What significance is there involved with "Screen Candidates" and at what point can you realistically tell yourself "Hey! I really have a shot at landing this job!" Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

-Nicholas

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.