Northrop Grumman Interview Questions.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 173 of 173)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4   

happythoughts in Pasadena, Maryland

28 months ago

newbie in Littleton, Massachusetts said: Happythoughts. There is WEST-A, WEST-B, and WEST-C buildings. Which are you referring to?

Also, I had a 1- hr panel on-site interview for a job. Seems odd to me.

newbie, am curious what you now think of company...

I only know it as west and east. East Building has more development projects. West building is pretty much Single Cabinet stuff which the software group was okay but the Integration and Test group you really want to avoid.... They are the group that started all the dishonesty you will read about in all the wonders of Northrop... FYI read a book called " A Just Cause".... you will then know what the issues are...
James Hor* is author.. Also , read "Mobbing techniques"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

mervin1975 in Sacramento, California said: I read a lot of bad comments about NGC, but it seems like a lot of comments from people that were not selected, or had a bad experience working with them. Have you thought about it being you, and not them? Have you bounced from job to job in the past 5 years, and seems to always be the employers fault?

Am curious if you still believe your comment?

What I learned about NGC is on day one they plot your salary to maximize them using you without having to pay you well. That is what is the minimum wage they have to pay you. You mentioned all this stuff about ethics etc. Well if you work for five managers but the one that "owns" you gets to force you to stay without a transfer regardless is another manager will hire you away then it make it very difficult to get raises. "Needs" of the business will always be invoked. That is a manager not giving you good work or raises will simply say at this time the Needs for the business out weigh the personal growth. Goes on for years. So you will get low raises and poor evals but Needs of business keep you from working for other bosses. Also, you will find that they deliberately keep you working on stuff so you cannot leave!

So am curious what you really thnk after five years ...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ThePCTech in Urbandale, Iowa

24 months ago

So what is the Outline to use for your resume? What are the best practices

21 months ago

newbie in Littleton, Massachusetts said: Happythoughts. There is WEST-A, WEST-B, and WEST-C buildings. Which are you referring to?

Did you get your job? Sorry when I was there it was the West building. Airborne Systems.. If you got the job there by now you would know what I mean.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Afterthought2015 in Freedom, Pennsylvania

21 months ago

As a mom common sense set in to ask questions: Reasons: To quick to recruit at college job fair, dangling $$'s and promises to eagerly hopeful college graduates. The high pressure and large recruiting poll are unsettling. With all the very seemingly truthful comments in the forum on Northrop ~ can any one give positive truth's about the work place? Why does Northrop BWI recruit so many college graduates? Is the BWI plant the only area recruiting?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

21 months ago

Afterthought2015 in Freedom, Pennsylvania said: As a mom common sense set in to ask questions: Reasons: To quick to recruit at college job fair, dangling $$'s and promises to eagerly hopeful college graduates. The high pressure and large recruiting poll are unsettling. With all the very seemingly truthful comments in the forum on Northrop ~ can any one give positive truth's about the work place? Why does Northrop BWI recruit so many college graduates? Is the BWI plant the only area recruiting?

Do yourself a favor and stay away from BWI ES Sector jobs at Northrop Grumbag. At least become very informed before you do. Younger Engineers go there and can do well in right group but your probably statistically will be screwed. They hire interns because all the senior engineers are incompetenet and dishonest. Anybody good they hire will leave and Northrop will torpedo your career afterwards. They weill falsify your background records, communicate your employers etc. Do not take my work it read a book called " A Just Cause" by Jame Hohlwitzer. Realizing what goes on you choose to go ther read a book called "Mobbing In the Workforce.

Northrop Scumbag is a dishonest company. Once you get into that company you cannot leave without destroying your life. I got manipulated into a group finding out if you leave you will never work again. They are pathetic. You cannot get anyone that will stand up to their dishonesty to help you.

The group I hired into had 10 new peole. 2 committed suicide , 1 is mentally destroyed. 5 have not worked since leaving 10 years ago. 1 was black an had worked in other group so had some sort of savior their. Myself. Company execs have tears in their eyes when they cut me because Northorp Scumbag calls and threatends contracts if they do not cut people.

Northop will falsiy your security jacket. They control a lot of what goes on in the background checks and somehow have some means of tracking you .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Afterthought2015 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

21 months ago

Hmmm that is a lot of information to think about. I have to ask ~ why would Northrop with $32 billion, care if an employee quit there and then be so manipulative that they would go out of their way to destroy the credibility of that employee. It would seem to me Northrop would have an arsenal of potential new hires to poll from. I have been reading the many pages on this forum and have found some information on one suicide who's family was also involved. A lot of your information posted isn't something that sounds made up. I wonder how long you worked at the BWI and if I follow this correctly it looks like you were let go or cut due to lack of contracts available and that was 10 years ago? What information can be falsified in a security jacket? Stealing? Late for work, taking a long lunch break? It is not good to think that there are so many ways to steal a person identity but for a well known company to do this for their own joy ~ well it is a lot to stomach.

Bigubee in Northbrook, Illinois

15 months ago

Hi Manuel, It has been almost 8 yrs since you wrote this post to Sandra. Did You attempted to contact NGC? I used to work there when I was 21 yrs old in 1988 as an electronics assembler and left to finish schooL at Devry University where I got my Bachelor's Degree in Electronics Engineering Technology in 1992. I am 48 yrs old now and I could never get back in till this day am still applying. NGC has more than 20 positions open for Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics Engineering with just no response whatsoever from their human resource. What gives to be submitted into this great company? Security clearance and the bombardment of social networks postings what we do and say on the internet is exposing our identity is possible NGC will not hire you because of something you said. Remember the internet was not around in 1988 but started around 1990. Imagine all the information government has about you since facebook, twitter and google has recorded of your identity can be used against you. I hope am wrong and posting this about the possible reason NGC will not hire us due to security clearance and social media is a just coincidence?

12 months ago

Afterthought2015 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: Hmmm that is a lot of information to think about. I have to ask ~ why would Northrop with $32 billion, care if an employee quit there and then be so manipulative that they would go out of their way to destroy the credibility of that employee. It would seem to me Northrop would have an arsenal of potential new hires to poll from.

You might want to read the book called "A Just Cause" by Jame Hohlwietzer. To answer your questions. 1) Northrop Grumman group I worked for was caught double billing the government.. This group (not the company ) would torpedo you as to make you look poor if ever tried to come back to tell people what you learned. 2) The "falsify" your security jacket by putting false information "accidentally" into your jacket such as to delay your future clearance. Most small companies cannot handle the delay. 3) Actually, most of the companies I went to have since tried to hire me back because once the Northrop pressure is not there because they no longer do business with them they understand the reality. 4) You are quite naive to not understand that SAIC , Northrop, Boeing , all discuss your salaries using the clearance system. 5) My problem is with a particular group. This group was so incompetent. They were forcing people to stay in thier group. If you tried to leave the vindicitve management would torpedo you as to make it a known if you tried to leave. What Northrop does is pretty much public knowledge now!! Most people are very aware of what they do to people.

12 months ago

Afterthought2015 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: Hmmm that is a lot of information to think about. I have to ask ~ why would Northrop with $32 billion, care if an employee quit there and then be so manipulative that they would go out of their way to destroy the credibility of that employee. It would seem to me Northrop would have an arsenal of potential new hires to poll from. I have been reading the many pages on this forum and have found some information on one suicide who's family was also involved. A lot of your information posted isn't something that sounds made up.

FYI , I quite along with 29 others. In fact, the group I worked for hired 30 people and I was last to quit. Funny it is as though you set your "monocle" just to mimic mine.. Interesting.... Northrop Grumman reads throughout my security jacket. You see, most companies started documenting the crap they do. A book called a Just Cause came out of how they manipulate people. Since then , over 25000 pending cases are under investigations. The security officers will be absent when you leave company. The security officers will accidentally put information into the wrong persons file. Well this information must be vetted. This delays your clearance on other jobs. They will put false documents of people with same initials. This will get you a lie detector test at NSA. This will also make you look like you have not provided all information. Meanwhile they have a lot of friends in OPM and investigators whom will take the stuff back out. I had to go to several senators to even get the file. Northrop controls salaries too. So if you go work for them this particular group will control your salary wherever you go.

12 months ago

Afterthought2015 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: Hmmm that is a lot of information to think about. I have to ask ~ why would Northrop with $32 billion, care if an employee quit there and then be so manipulative that they would go out of their way to destroy the credibility of that employee. It would seem to me Northrop would have an arsenal of potential new hires to poll from. I have been reading the many pages on this forum and have found some information on one suicide who's family was also involved. A lot of your information posted isn't something that sounds made up. I wonder how long you worked at the BWI and if I follow this correctly it looks like you were let go or cut due to lack of contracts available and that was 10 years ago? What information can be falsified in a security jacket? Stealing? Late for work, taking a long lunch break? It is not good to think that there are so many ways to steal a person identity but for a well known company to do this for their own joy ~ well it is a lot to stomach.

FYI this week I met three new hires into company that within a week have already seen the management issues I have mentioned. Already are seeing liars, etc. Already seeing they cannot leave group and were lied to. So to answer your questions why? You see I watched a particular vindictive group celebrate how they were causing employees to get ill from worry. They were bargain how they were able to manipulate people to point they were having heart issues at work in panic. I went to HR and asked for a transfer. To answer your question. Manager will all gang up on you to protect thier dishonest little fiefdoms. Note: The management I worked for was caught ripping off the government. So as I said it was a game for them. They were manipulating employees, billings to government etc. It was al a dishonest sham!!! People in group had no real skills. These people were all friends that simply used people ... Pathetic people!

12 months ago

Afterthought2015 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: Hmmm that is a lot of information to think about. I have to ask ~ why would Northrop with $32 billion, care if an employee quit there and then be so manipulative that they would go out of their way to destroy the credibility of that employee. It would seem to me Northrop would have an arsenal of potential new hires to poll from. I have been reading the many pages on this forum and have found some information on one suicide who's family was also involved. A lot of your information posted isn't something that sounds made up. I wonder how long you worked at the BWI and if I follow this correctly it looks like you were let go or cut due to lack of contracts available and that was 10 years ago? What information can be falsified in a security jacket? Stealing? Late for work, taking a long lunch break? It is not good to think that there are so many ways to steal a person identity but for a well known company to do this for their own joy ~ well it is a lot to stomach.

Go look up Northrop and another company were caught falsifying like half to background checks! A subcontractor of Northrop was caught! This forced many companies to have to redo clearance background. It is not the information as much as the delay in processing your background. If something jumps out that you did not mention well that caused you delays. A game Northrop plays. For example, if I accidentally put in your file somebody else arrest record that has same intitials. You will be delayed. Meanwhile companies will drop you because it is taking too long. Northrop also puts little easter eggs or otherwise keeps your jacket open causing other companies to call back to them. Believe what you want! Many people have caught onto thier crap.

12 months ago

mervin1975 in Sacramento, California said: Ok I will look back at this comment after working for them after some time, but even if you don't like you don't get a bad attitude, or do poor work, you just look for another job. That way if they call on performance or references, they will give you a great one, and if for some reason your new job doesn't work out, or can always try to get your old job back. It would probably not happen, but you would have better odds than if you left doing poor work or having a pissed off attitude. I have looked at each of the major contractors that our government uses, and have found that each of them have distraught people, moaning about how it was unfair, or a crappy place to work. You work as is good as what you put into it, and how you feel about the work you are doing.

Want to bet.. you judge something with no reality. Northrop manager in some groups work together to manipulate you to point people have killed themselves. 60 hour oo wee. Dude, I worked for four managers. Two could not hire me away from my primary manager. The primary manager would not give raises, etc. Would torpedo your review so you could not leave the group. Yet, other manager whom I had worked with before were unable to take me out of that mangers group. You really are naive with your thinking. Managers at Northrop control you from day you get into thier and for ten years after you leave company and then some. Personally, they lied to you about what you would be doing. Software people do not like to be put into test groups. It ruins your skills. Hardware Engineers do not like to be made document chasers. I hope you get a job at Northrop. Soon reality will set in that people on this site are not lying... There are like 25000 pending cases in the DOD / OPM against them...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

12 months ago

varasinp in Palm Bay, Florida said: Mervin,

Mine was similar. They offer me 67K something plus 5k sign no relocation though. I accepted the first offer because I just graduated and have no experience. I applied for a Software Engineer I position but since I got master degree they automatically gave me a level 2 position.

About my dual citizenship, the recruiter asked me to meet him tomorrow and give my Non-US passport to the security office. I believed everything should be okay now.

Curious if you figured out that $85 K is entry level for MS degree. Wonder how your raises have been? Just curious if you still wear Northrop Grumman underwear? Seriously, most everyone I have met with real skills and education leaves pretty quickly.

12 months ago

Curious did you get a job at Northrop? Are you liking it at ES in MD?

12 months ago

Kevin in Baltimore, Maryland said: I worked there for two year at Northrop Grumman Electronic Systems in Linthicum Maryland (by BWI airport ). I worked in program finance . I was in the PDP program right out of college where they only hire 3.8+ GPA and I thought it was going to be the best job ever. Lets just say, you don't get raises based on your hard work. 2-3% every 18 months if your lucky. The place is run by the old and unable. You have to be 35 years old to be a manager. Most people there wouldn't survive in another company because they forgot how to work. It really is a great company to work at if you like to sleep in meetings 6 hours a day and get nothing done and literally become outdated. The only thing you leave NG with is the name on your resume. You wont learn much there. The only good thing I took from that place was meeting my wife. After being gone for 2 years from NG, I can honestly say I'm glad I left when I did.

Kevin , Management is not age at Northrop. You will find that all the managers are related to someone or are somehow related to someone in the government that helps them get contracts. The dictionary under nepotism is the words Northrop Grumman

12 months ago

mervin1975 in Sacramento, California said: I read a lot of bad comments about NGC, but it seems like a lot of comments from people that were not selected, or had a bad experience working with them. Have you thought about it being you, and not them? Have you bounced from job to job in the past 5 years, and seems to always be the employers fault?

I just got hired on with them, and am starting this month. They made me an offer, and O countered, and then they came back for more than I countered for, plus a relocation, and sign on bonus.

Maybe in Sacramento you can say this type of stuff. In Maryland the management are all children of the government people helping to get contracts. As far as what you do etc. So group I worked for only played games. The work you did was not important. But they wanted you to mention the five friends and how they helped you in the logs. Yes, they were falsely claiming work by people not on projects.

In my case I saw the dishonesty and tried to get another gig. I worked night and day on four projects. In a six month period I wrote three windows device drivers for RADAR boards, designed three boards, wrote like 200,000 lines of Java code. On another project same duration, I was doing demos for the ES President Jim Pitts for Border Security.

Come eval time and raise time, the manager made it very clear that working on outside his group projects was why you get no raise.

In fact in group I worked in if you took classes he took it personally that you were not devoting more time to his project. The group was a joke. They slandered you if you tried to get out. In fact the week you got into this group it was told to you that if you leave you will never work again.

I know hundred or so people that will tell you stories that will blow your mind. There was a guy in our group his wife got a really great job in CA. The manager of our group took it personally this guy left and torpedoed him

12 months ago

varasinp in Palm Bay, Florida said: Hi mervin1975,

I had a phone interview with the hiring manager already and he invited me to fly to Hollywood, Maryland for a face-to-face interview on Thursday September 4th, 2008.

Now, it's Sept 14th which already been a week since the interview. I would like to know how long you have to wait after the face-to-face interview before they call you and offer a job.

The position I applied for is "Software Engineer I" just like yours. I sent a thank you letter the next day after the interview to make sure that they know I'm seriously want to take the job.

Additionally, I sent an email on Sept 11th to the recruiter who's working on my case asking him about the job status. He replied to me like this

"I am waiting to hear back from the management team on a decision. They are still interviewing other candidates and should be making a decision shortly. I will contact you as soon as I hear back. Till then, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me."

The reason I asked is because, I got an offer 3-4 days after my interview with Lockheed Martin in Orlando, FL. However, I did something wrong in the online application and they turned down my contract . Anyway, I know that normally, it will be about 2 weeks to expect a call from the HR . But my friend said that if they choose me, there's no reason to interview other candidates. What do you think?

Curious if you got your job at NGC and if you like it.

topotheworld in Dallas, Texas

8 months ago

Leaving NG was the BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO ME!!!!

I suppose if you need a start, it's an OK place to get started. But if you stay you are a sucker :-) Sure, folks who were hired 10+ years ago are happy there - they got in under MUCH better benefit plans than NG offers now. I was there for 9+ years and I watched it all go downhill.

Within 6 months of leaving NG, my salary was 150% what it was at NG. Now it's almost double. I guess I'd recommend working at NG just so you can have the experience of leaving NG :-D Again, it's the best thing that ever happened to me!

ht in Pasadena, Maryland

3 months ago

Go read a book called " A Just Cause" Northrop has some very vindictive management! The basic model for mid to senior people is to use them a while than slander them after they lay them off or they quit. Then again , you should learn first hand .. If you have real skills you will never get promotions. The management in the ES sector is pretty much the kids of the the executives or so old. NGC is like going back in time for skills. The RADAR experts are smart , but all the new leads, managers, etc are diabolical..

2015 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: Hmmm that is a lot of information to think about. I have to ask ~ why would Northrop with $32 billion, care if an employee quit there and then be so manipulative that they would go out of their way to destroy the credibility of that employee. It would seem to me Northrop would have an arsenal of potential new hires to poll from. I have been reading the many pages on this forum and have found some information on one suicide who's family was also involved. A lot of your information posted isn't something that sounds made up. I wonder how long you worked at the BWI and if I follow this correctly it looks like you were let go or cut due to lack of contracts available and that was 10 years ago? What information can be falsified in a security jacket? Stealing? Late for work, taking a long lunch break? It is not good to think that there are so many ways to steal a person identity but for a well known company to do this for their own joy ~ well it is a lot to stomach.

clumsy in Pasadena, Maryland

1 month ago

To answer your question.

No, was not let go! I gave six months notice. I found that after hiring into group I worked if you leave they will destroy you. So you mention it may be me. To put into perspective. Every person that worked for this management team was unable to work for ten years. You see, if you do not work for that manager you are not supposed to work! I actually did not enjoy the mangers laughing how the drove a buy to a nervous breakdown. I went to HR and requested a transfer. Quick lesson on that one. Never go to HR at Northrop. Learned the hard way. I have compiled a very large list of people that have been screwed over. Note: Northrop only does this to mid / senior people.

So you ask why a Billion dollar company would do this? Well go read a book called "A Just Cause" by James Hohlweitzer which documents how they manipulate. Well the group I worked for since I left was sued not once, not twice, but three times by government for double billing the government. Search Northrop Grumman ES lawsuits. The fourth project I was on was the Post Office. That project is going to court soon. That would be four lawsuits.

So to answer your question , a billion dollar company has many Program Managers that are using the government as an AtM. They do not like if you threaten thier cash flows.

Read over all the Indeed posts. You will see a theme. The term Beltway Bandits... Well..

1 month ago

ht in Pasadena, Maryland said: Go read a book called " A Just Cause" Northrop has some very vindictive management! The basic model for mid to senior people is to use them a while than slander them after they lay them off or they quit. Then again , you should learn first hand .. If you have real skills you will never get promotions. The management in the ES sector is pretty much the kids of the the executives or so old. NGC is like going back in time for skills. The RADAR experts are smart , but all the new leads, managers, etc are diabolical..

To answer your question.

No, was not let go! I gave six months notice. I found that after hiring into group I worked if you leave they will destroy you. So you mention it may be me. To put into perspective. Every person that worked for this management team was unable to work for ten years. You see, if you do not work for that manager you are not supposed to work! I actually did not enjoy the mangers laughing how the drove a buy to a nervous breakdown. I went to HR and requested a transfer. Quick lesson on that one. Never go to HR at Northrop. Learned the hard way. I have compiled a very large list of people that have been screwed over. Note: Northrop only does this to mid / senior people.

So you ask why a Billion dollar company would do this? Well go read a book called "A Just Cause" by James Hohlweitzer which documents how they manipulate. Well the group I worked for since I left was sued not once, not twice, but three times by government for double billing the government. Search Northrop Grumman ES lawsuits. The fourth project I was on was the Post Office. That project is going to court soon. That would be four lawsuits.

So to answer your question , a billion dollar company has many Program Managers that are using the government as an AtM. They do not like if you threaten thier cash flows.

Read over all the Indeed posts. You will see a theme. The term Beltway Bandits... Well..

1 month ago

babes in Los Angeles, California said: I believed there is a law in califonia regarding verification 0f employment reference and for sure NGC is so big that they know the rules and regulation.

The law can never be applied. They use SSO to SSO . For example. you leave Northrop and go to Lockheed. When your clearance transfers, there will be some indication in your file that they put. When you are adjudicated that flag / question will be needed to answered. Well they will elaborate. Keep in mind that 3 investigators form DSS were asked to resign to avoid prosecution that were helping this dishonest crap. Read a book calle " A Just Cause" James Hohlwietzer . Book is a whistle blow, but the way they keep people from working. Northrop is so large they control a lot. They have contractors on all the agencies, DSS support lines etc. Try to file a complaint! Northrop should not be allowed to have that much control of clearances that they do. Most people keep quiet to avoid negative issue on them. Most people will believe any negative about individuals coming from dishonest SSO. The cleared world is really screws up. So you don't believe. Go research Congress, Clearances, and go see the many hearing that occurred. The result of some is as I said 3 key people were cut at DSS . More coming.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.