Northrop Grumman Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (19)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Northrop Grumman?

What do you like best about working at Northrop Grumman? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

Kevin in Baltimore, Maryland

87 months ago

Business PDP program ranges from $38-45K then you get 2-3% every 18 months. I hear Eng PDP gets around $50-55K start. Their starting pay is good, but they don't keep up with market rate. I'm only 2 years out from there and I'm already making 65% more in my base and between 15-30% more in my bonus. NG is based on manipulating the young and naive.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (42) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

RH in Fredericksburg, Virginia

85 months ago

I could call HR for this and don't remember this from the interview however, does anybody know how many vacation days, and tuition assistance offered at the Northrop Grumman TASC.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Bob in Westport, Connecticut

85 months ago

Kevin in Baltimore, Maryland said: Business PDP program ranges from $38-45K then you get 2-3% every 18 months. I hear Eng PDP gets around $50-55K start. Their starting pay is good, but they don't keep up with market rate. I'm only 2 years out from there and I'm already making 65% more in my base and between 15-30% more in my bonus. NG is based on manipulating the young and naive.

Hey Kevin,

What company do you work for?

Thanks,
Bob

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Becky in Arlington, Virginia

85 months ago

Kevin in Baltimore, Maryland said: Business PDP program ranges from $38-45K then you get 2-3% every 18 months. I hear Eng PDP gets around $50-55K start. Their starting pay is good, but they don't keep up with market rate. I'm only 2 years out from there and I'm already making 65% more in my base and between 15-30% more in my bonus. NG is based on manipulating the young and naive.

THANKS! I'm tired of being manipulated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Anchor in pascagoula, Mississippi

85 months ago

They are offering tuition. 11 vacation days to start. there is very good medical. salaries are up over 20% since the hurricane hit NG in Mississippi. Some people never travel, some do a lot. It all depends on what your job is, what level you are working at. You may not find that out until you talk to the specific manager you are interviewing with.

I think many of the negative comments I'm reading apply to some of the people some of the time, but many managers are very good, and the work can be very rewarding. I like it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Davis in Oakland, California

84 months ago

What is the salary range for engineer with 2 year experience and PhD in EE background in NG at LA, California? Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ptrick17 in Baltimore, Maryland

81 months ago

for PDP in Baltimore what is the salary nowadays? It is my number one choice

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

M N in Bethpage, New York

80 months ago

Kevin - was your experience in Baltimore?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

M N in Bethpage, New York

80 months ago

Not sure were this data came from. I was a Business Management PDP for Northrop Grumman in Baltimore, MD. They brought me in at a competitive rate and my increases have been in the 7-10% range (given yearly). I have been there for a few years and I am happy with my salary and my experience. Please keep in mind everyone's experience may be different but I have NEVER heard of increases being that low or far apart for new employees.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jadedea in Glendale, Arizona

73 months ago

whats the salary range for IT jobs in DC, VA, and MD...and better yet, if you search for job titles and locations on indeed does it provide a proper salary. one time i did a search and it told me 90k!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

hhendler602 in Los Angeles, California

71 months ago

What is the money like in contracts? If starting out at the bottom as a proposal analyst or a contracts administrator what type of salary can you look to receive?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

bulls23337 in California

68 months ago

i just got a job offer to be an "engineer 1" in the avionics department, IS sector. i am somewhat happy with the offer. should i still not take their first offer and counteroffer? any advice would be great, thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mah115 in Evanston, Illinois

67 months ago

For a masters, Eng PDP can be 68k.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rurounimon in Honolulu, Hawaii

67 months ago

I have a Master's in Computer Science and got an offer in the IS department as a Software Engineer II for 79K. Still waiting to hear back on when I start!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

iamAndrew in Colesville, Maryland

57 months ago

Hello All,

I currently work at a branch of NG in Columbia, Maryland. From the forums in general...I've noticed that quite a few of you work at NG Bethpage. How’s the atmosphere there and what kind of jobs are open? I hold a B.S. in Information Sciences & Technology (Information Systems) and a minor in Security & Risk Analysis. Any systems engineering jobs open or anything similar to that? I am just keeping my options open may have to move to New York the future.

Thanks,

Andrew

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

ash2790 in Tomball, Texas

5 months ago

Does anyone know what a shipping and receiving coordinator 2 salary range is at NGC?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ITRookie in Washington, District of Columbia

1 month ago

Jadedea in Glendale, Arizona said: whats the salary range for IT jobs in DC, VA, and MD...and better yet, if you search for job titles and locations on indeed does it provide a proper salary. one time i did a search and it told me 90k!

I just graduated and they offered me 86,000 straight out of college at Northrop Grumman.

lapalina in Virginia

1 month ago

Do all sectors have the 9/80 program? I've read a lot about it on glassdoor.com

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.