Status Went Blank?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

teke956 in Fairmont, West Virginia

59 months ago

My hiring status went blank about a week ago.. I've read on here that another guy's status did that and he got a job offer a week later but I haven't heard anything so should I just wait or call them?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bearcat68 in Alexandria, Virginia

58 months ago

I believe that's a good sign--my status went blank and less than 24 hours later I received an offer over the phone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

eng03 in Maryland

55 months ago

I'm having the same issue. Before my status went blank it changed from "Candidate Pool" to "Hiring Manager Review". It then went blank because the 120 day active period had expired. I've tried contacting the Career Services but no one answered me yet. What should I do?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Engineer08 in Richmond, Virginia

55 months ago

eng03,

There is nothing you could do except to wait but I won't put too much hope on it. To give you general ideal of how the process works, see below.

1-A. Apply for positon(s) on Northrop Grumman website.

1-B. If everything looks good on resume then, Northrop will contact you to schedule for interview (I think it was few weeks).

2. During the interview, they ask typical questions, like what is your strength/weakness? Tell me about yourself? etc....

3. If the interview went well then they will contact you within 72 hours by either phone or email, in my case it was email.

4. They will disclose salary and other information to you.

5. Accept or decline job offer.

Conclusion is that if you don't hear from Northrop within a month, chances are you didnt get it. I recommend you continue to applying for other positions even if one of them is in "Hiring Manager Review" phase. This phase doesn't guarantee that you will have an interview.

*side note*. I declined the job offer due to personal reasons so I lack the ability to help you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

eng03 in Maryland

55 months ago

Engineer08 in Richmond, Virginia said: eng03,

There is nothing you could do except to wait but I won't put too much hope on it. To give you general ideal of how the process works, see below.

1-A. Apply for positon(s) on Northrop Grumman website.

1-B. If everything looks good on resume then, Northrop will contact you to schedule for interview (I think it was few weeks).

2. During the interview, they ask typical questions, like what is your strength/weakness? Tell me about yourself? etc....

3. If the interview went well then they will contact you within 72 hours by either phone or email, in my case it was email.

4. They will disclose salary and other information to you.

5. Accept or decline job offer.

Conclusion is that if you don't hear from Northrop within a month, chances are you didnt get it. I recommend you continue to applying for other positions even if one of them is in "Hiring Manager Review" phase. This phase doesn't guarantee that you will have an interview.

*side note*. I declined the job offer due to personal reasons so I lack the ability to help you.

Thanks for your help. I will continue to apply for jobs at NG.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.