Under consideration with NG

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (24)

jumpship in portland, Oregon

4 months ago

I applied for a job with NG and almost immediately the status said "under consideration by recruiter". The following morning it changed to "under consideration by hiring manager". I am wondering what your experience with time frame from applying to interviewing to actually starting the job (if you were one of the lucky ones). Also, what is NG like on interviewing out of state people?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

4 months ago

And two weeks later, still under consideration by hiring manager. Ugh!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kyle in Port Orange, Florida

4 months ago

Have you heard anything yet? I'm in the same situation

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

lectersmeal in Rochester, New York

4 months ago

From when I applied, to when I got my offer from them, it took two months. Now, I am trying to negotiate the annual salary, because it was much too low.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

4 months ago

Kyle...no, not a word. Still under consideration. Have applied for two other jobs with them that are under consideration with recruiter, but they are the same job title as the other one, only different levels. I wonder if that's why it hasn't been sent to the hiring manager yet. It says the job is still active, but I can't find it listed anywhere.

Kyle in Port Orange, Florida

4 months ago

Lectersmeal, how soon did you get a phone screen? Jumpship, yeah the job status is still active for mine as well, I'm taking that as a good sign for now. My hope is that they'll try to fill this internship rather quickly because of summer approaching. So, hopefully I'll see the status change quickly either way it goes.

lectersmeal in Rochester, New York

4 months ago

Kyle in Port Orange, Florida said: Lectersmeal, how soon did you get a phone screen? Jumpship, yeah the job status is still active for mine as well, I'm taking that as a good sign for now. My hope is that they'll try to fill this internship rather quickly because of summer approaching. So, hopefully I'll see the status change quickly either way it goes.

It took me a few weeks to get my first interview. I contacted an employee that I knew there, and I think that helped a little bit.

Kyle in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

4 months ago

The forum sure died off in the past few months, must be an off season for job hunts. Good luck in salary negotiations lectersmeal, and I appreciate the info; I'll keep hope alive!

4 months ago

I'm still hanging in there too, Kyle. It's hard to wait but no other choice. Still sitting under consideration with hiring manager. I guess it's only been about 4 weeks but man, it seems like such a long time!! I wonder if they actually change the status or just forget about it if they aren't interested.

4 months ago

I just looked and the job (the one that I am under consideration by hiring manager. Where it said "view/edit submission", I can only view but can no longer edit. I clicked on "view submission" and then the job description and it says "the job is no longer available", even tho it still shows active in the section that shows I applied. I'm not sure what to think of that. I guess that means I won't get interviewed.

Kyle in Hollywood, Florida

4 months ago

I dont know if that really means anything I wouldn't worry about it.

Alberto Pineda in Vista, California

4 months ago

I'm in the same boat as you guys in San Diego. My friend has applied for the same internship as I did but he got rejected due to unavailable space while I'm still "Under Consideration by Recruiter." Exactly one month since I applied.

4 months ago

Good luck Alberto! Hoping for the best for us all. Be sure and let us know if anyone hears anything. Kyle...hope you are right. I just think it's odd that it still shows active but also saying no longer available. Tomorrow will be one full month that I applied.

3 months ago

Well, as of today I am no longer under consideration for 3 of the 4 jobs. And the one I am under consideration for is the one that I almost didn't apply for because I didn't think I was qualified enough. Pretty depressing, to say the least. Hope you all have better luck.

Kyle Roberts 1 in Port Orange, Florida

3 months ago

Luckily, I'm still under consideration so that's a good thing. I wish everyone the best of luck!!

Atlas1 in Arizona

3 months ago

I'm under consideration for a few positions as well including a technical internship but only the one in CA. I think that they are just slow, so I'm not holding my hopes high but I'm still under consideration from a position in MD and 10 other positions.

3 months ago

Hey guys, so quick update: I just got a call from a NGC recruiter. It caught me off guard, so I was a little nervous and surprised. Overall, it was very positive and relaxed. The tone was conversational and no behavorial questions were asked, simply resume questions. We talked a lot about the company, my interests, they're interests, and what kinds of jobs for which I would be best suited. Anyway, hope this helps. One last thing, they have a talent network on LinkedIn through which this particular recruiter found me. So, good luck and if you guys have any updates, let us know.

Atlas1 in Arizona

3 months ago

Should I call HR to introduced myself or to see where they are on my application?

3 months ago

Whenever I try to call, no one answers. It's worth a shot; I don't think it would hurt

Friendlyface in Delray Beach, Florida

3 months ago

Kyle Roberts, I think calling them is fine especially if you submitted your application more then two weeks ago. What positions have you guys applied for? locations might matter to with how long it takes.

Atlas1 in Arizona

3 months ago

@Friendlyface
2 College Intern Technical positions at El Segundo from May
Engineer Systems 1 from March
and a few others that still say active but they were posted late 2013

3 months ago

So I just found out that I did not get the internship that I had applied for. After one LONG month, they finally said an official no.

JBrewer in Durham, North Carolina

3 months ago

Hey everyone,
I applied about two months ago. I got an email back from the recruiter requesting more information a few days after I applied. I didn't hear anything for two weeks so I figured they weren't interested. Then I got a phone call from the recruiter asking me to come in the next day for an interview. I said yes. I went in for the interview and I didn't think it went all that well since they were very poker faced. I asked when they would be making their final decision on who to hire and the manager said two weeks. My recruiter called me 3 hours later that day and asked how the interview went. I told him I wasn't sure if they liked me or not. He then told me they wanted to extend me an offer. I had to fill out a lot of paperwork online for them. Paperwork for a security clearance and other stuff. Basically I was told I got the job middle of May. I start June 23rd.

My recruiter did say that he received over 100 applications for this position and he picked the first 40 to come in and sent out the email requesting more information. He then picked 10 people to come in for the interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

3 months ago

Thanks for the info JBrewer!! That was very enlightening. Unfortunately for me, after a month of waiting, I was no longer under consideration.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.