How to get a job at Northrop Grumman.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 73 of 73)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

David Steinbach in Maynard, Massachusetts

69 months ago

If I may, I respectfully suggest that you use LinkedIn and network yourself to a decision-maker.

Dave Steinbach, CPC

www.LinkedIn.com/in/dsteinbach (I ACCEPT ALL INVITATIONS TO LINK)
www.HRDotCom.com
DSteinbach@hrdotcom.com

p.s. We provide contract, contingency, or retained search services.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

jck87 in Los Angeles, California

66 months ago

I recently graduated from UCLA with BS degrees in physics and applied math. I've completed 2 undergrad research projects in physics, and have done an internship for an operations research company.I am looking to try to get engineering, preferably in mechanical or aerospace, full-time or internship job at Northrop Grumman. I've tried applying for over 100 different positions through the website, but gotten nothing. For a few of the positions, I'm under 'hiring manager review'. Does that mean I still have a chance for them? I was under 'hiring manager review' for a position I applied for over 3 months ago, and its no longer listed on my applied positions page. I don't know anyone who works for the company, so I don't know what else I can do. Is it really impossible to get hired at NG if you don't know anyone who works there?

Any tips specific for someone in my position?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Angie737 in Baltimore, Maryland

60 months ago

On 9/14/2010 I applied and uploaded my resume for Access Control Spec 1 (Blue Blazer) position. I have previously held a clearance and am a former governement employee. I am hoping to receive a call from a recruiter. I would greatly enjoy this line of work. When I check my application status, I notice it says, "Under detailed review by recrcruiter"..... well, after 4 days is this still the status....I figure this is a good sign? I have heard that is an application is rejected, it's usually within 48 hours?

I am listed that I am available any shift. I hope to hear something soon. This is an entry level position and I am willing to learn and put all my effort into this job, if they will consider me.

Any chance I will get a call soon? If I do not, or if there is a rejection, I will re-submit my application/resume to show how determined I am to obtain this position. Thanks for any feedback anyone may offer me to further promote myself.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

elle eM59 in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida

58 months ago

geekgirl in Washington, District of Columbia said:

So... very strange. Can't even get my resume to a real hiring manager for a position I'm qualified for, and yet I can get a job offer within hours for a completely different spot.

My experience with NG is listed in a few places on this forum. After supposedly being hired, I was to start work in 3-6 weeks. Three MONTHs later the FBI just started their check. It was ridiculous, many emails and calls to various people who had absolutely no idea what was going on. I took a another job in the meantime and formally withdrew my application from consideration AND personally called Florida FBI and told them I wasnt working for Northrop and they said no one informed them of that weeks after I withdrew. Over the next 8 months, I keep getting letters in the mail giving me details about my 'Job'. The one I quit before I even got(?!?!?!?!?) This is was pretty funny in itself, but the topper was that I moved thousands of miles away and got another letter last week explaining my position is being terminted and Im laid-off. Ok.....Right.

Good luck !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

GirlinSpace in Tucson, Arizona

42 months ago

I recently applied to two positions at the El Segundo Northrop Grumman location for two positions that are new grad/entry positions. For one I made it to the under consideration by hiring manager. The date for my submission keeps changing but still remains on under consideration by hiring manager. How long does it usually stay on this stage? Is the date submission change a positive sign? Also is there anything else I can do to help the process along?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Chase in Whittier, California

38 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Northrop Grumman? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Hi I have a question. I am a recent graduate and I have interned for NGST space park in El Segundo. They asked me to come back after my internship but I got caught up with school in San Francisco. Now unfortunately many if not all of my contacts have retired or have gone back to school for law or whatever. In the mean time I took up an internship in a completly unrelated field near my school but have since moved back to Los Angeles. Do you know what I could do to get back in the company? I would like almost any position than the one I have now. Thanks!

Dennis D. Adkins in Washington, District of Columbia

36 months ago

Kate said: Yes! I work with all kinds of ethnicities!I love my job & company! I'm on the east coast though. Which location are you looking into?

Can you please help me get in.
Dennis D. Adkins
26289 T-Wood Drive, Mechanicsville, MD 20659

SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
Logistics lead who successfully supervises inventory, motivates staff, and realizes 100% on-time delivery of all assigned work.  
• Ensures workplace safety and organization by identifying and implementing process improvements.
• Clearance:  DoD Top Secret with SSBI, granted 04/2009
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
Lockheed Martin, Patuxent River Naval Air Station, MD
Manufacturing Support Team Member, Sr​​01/2009 – 08/2012
• Supported the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) program as a conductor for Logistics Test and Evaluation (LT&E).  Coordinated and directed all unscheduled maintenance activities for the F-35.  Identified opportunistic periods to execute test and evaluations for LT&E.
• Interacted with internal and external customers with respect to product planning, problem resolution, and process improvement.
• Conducted test on the concept designs, fabrication, installations, operating process and procedures for maintenance, and the proper disposal of hazardous waste.
• Completed root cause analysis for mission systems Restricted Access Area (RAA).
• Trained new maintainers and evaluators on the LT&E site plan.
• Performed verification and validation of Joint Technical Data (JTD) during aircraft maintenance tasks.  Ensured that the sequence of operations for the maintenance task was correct and noted discrepancies and deficiencies.
• Supervised a team of eight integrated evaluators.  Established effective relationships to energize the team and deliver results in a demand

TekkieGRL in Millersville, Maryland

30 months ago

NG will contact you ONLY if you meet their clearance requirements, and preferably, have some kind of dealing with the office already. They also like a strong academic record, and lean more toward that than education.

Especially in the MD-DC-VA region, you need to understand there are a thousand applications for every position, and they will usually go with someone who is ex-military or in-house already, for an open position.

But, once you hit the interview, they usually snatch you up right away~

Hope I helped a *little* (not enough, I know).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

TekkieGRL in Millersville, Maryland

30 months ago

I mean more toward that than experience*, not education, sorry, can't edit!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Steve in Linthicum Heights, Maryland

29 months ago

My application has been in review by hiring manager for over three weeks now. I can not get in contact with anyone in HR. Does anyone know any contact info for NG in Baltimore,MD? Any help would be appreciated. I applied for the SR Pipe Fitter position and am more than qualified.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Allan in Labelle, Florida

19 months ago

Kate said: Yes! I work with all kinds of ethnicities!I love my job & company! I'm on the east coast though. Which location are you looking into?

Hi Kate,
I used to work at Northrop Grumman, Melbourne, but that was nearly 7 years ago. Do you know if they have any openings for Stress or Fatigue and Damage Tolerance engineers? Would like to get back to Melbourne, FL.

Thanks.

Shankar Pandey in Kathmandu, Nepal

19 months ago

I am an fresh engineer and am searching for the job.I will not let anyone to complian against me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mike maddison in mumbai, India

17 months ago

i have a friend who is in a high position at ngc and is also an us citizen. i am a foreign national w/ foreign bachelors degree. can he refer me for a job for which am eligible?? does this company sponsor for employment based green card if am referred by an high position employee who is an us citizen????

17 months ago

The level of "clout" a referring employee has is very limited.

It is important to understand the eligibility requirements before submitting oneself for consideration. This is where the gating factors exist.

Directly contacting the internal recruiter responsible for filling a role may help clarify any questions a candidate may have. The challenge is targeting that person.

I use LinkedIn (and am always open to accepting invitations to connect). Linking with power users can greatly increase one's network of contacts.

www.linkedin.com/dsteinbach
davidsteinbach@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

17 months ago

Shankar Pandey in Kathmandu, Nepal said: I am an fresh engineer and am searching for the job.I will not let anyone to complian against me

Sorry, I do not understand your statement.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mike maddison in mumbai, India

17 months ago

David Steinbach in Maynard, Massachusetts said: The level of "clout" a referring employee has is very limited.

It is important to understand the eligibility requirements before submitting oneself for consideration. This is where the gating factors exist.

Directly contacting the internal recruiter responsible for filling a role may help clarify any questions a candidate may have. The challenge is targeting that person.

I use LinkedIn (and am always open to accepting invitations to connect). Linking with power users can greatly increase one's network of contacts.

www.linkedin.com/dsteinbach
davidsteinbach@gmail.com

does ngc provide employment sponsorship for green card and hire foreign nationals????

kurling in Hawthorne, California

16 months ago

Anonymous in Vienna, Virginia said: You HAVE to know someone who can get your resume into the right hands. Applying by internet will get you nowhere unless they do not have anyone in mind already for the position. Try to network in areas that NGC people frequently go to. It's very to get a job here in VA.

Thank you. That is the most honest and useful piece of information on this board. I used to work for a bank and know that was the case for at least 60 percent of the new hires. I really want to work for NG and will keep applying for posted positions.

nada in Palm Bay, Florida

15 months ago

Kate in College Park, Maryland said: Yes, I work @ NG. I found the job online. 90% of the company is employee referrals. My friend submitted my resume to HR for me. Know someone within the company to submit it for you. =)

Multiple college degrees and vast experience in the field and no interview, not even from down the street from me where they are on a hiring binge hiring hundreds. Apparently you do need a referral as qualifications don't seem to have any impact on the hiring process. I've applied to well over a hundred positions in the last ten years with not even one interview. I consider myself fortunate that I don't have to depend on them to earn a living.

15 months ago

GirlinSpace in Tucson, Arizona said: I recently applied to two positions at the El Segundo Northrop Grumman location for two positions that are new grad/ entry positions. For one I made it to the under consideration by hiring manager. The date for my submission keeps changing but still remains on under consideration by hiring manager. How long does it usually stay on this stage? Is the date submission change a positive sign? Also is there anything else I can do to help the process along?

No it is not a positive sign. Just wait a few months and your status will likely change to "No longer under consideration". I've been involved with this process for ten years. You can improve your chances by marrying into management.

15 months ago

Angie737 in Baltimore, Maryland said: On 9/14/2010 I applied and uploaded my resume for Access Control Spec 1 (Blue Blazer) position. I have previously held a clearance and am a former governement employee. I am hoping to receive a call from a recruiter. I would greatly enjoy this line of work. When I check my application status, I notice it says, "Under detailed review by recrcruiter"..... well, after 4 days is this still the status....I figure this is a good sign? I have heard that is an application is rejected, it's usually within 48 hours?

I am listed that I am available any shift. I hope to hear something soon. This is an entry level position and I am willing to learn and put all my effort into this job, if they will consider me.

Any chance I will get a call soon? If I do not, or if there is a rejection, I will re-submit my application/resume to show how determined I am to obtain this position. Thanks for any feedback anyone may offer me to further promote myself.

Realize that "under consideration" by a recruiter does not mean it will even be seen by a hiring manager. For a senior software engineering position I once received an email from an internal recruiter that my resume did not have "Microsoft Word" on it. I can assure you virtually ALL senior software engineering applicants have proficiency in Word and few would even think of crowding their resume with such trite credentials. I resubmitted my resume with the words "Microsoft Office" and my resume was forwarded to the hiring manager with ultimately no interview. Please realize that for every person that gets hired through political connections there is one person such as yourself that DOES NOT. That is the bottom line. Hiring managers are independent entities that are free to hire as they please. If your resume needs to get pre-screened by an HR rep sitting at a desk in another State, recently out of school that barely knows a few key words related to the position, GOOD LUCK!

Ruby Slippers in Las Vegas, Nevada

15 months ago

nada in Palm Bay, Florida said: Please realize that for every person that gets hired through political connections there is one person such as yourself that DOES NOT.

I have not worked for Northrup-Grumman but I have worked for some of their affliliates and other defense contractors. What you say is true.

They call it networking but I call it croynism. I would have never gotten the job had I not known somebody on the inside.

That is how it works today and not just with defense contractors.

cwhite in Port Saint Joe, Florida

12 months ago

nada in Palm Bay, Florida said: No it is not a positive sign. Just wait a few months and your status will likely change to "No longer under consideration". I've been involved with this process for ten years. You can improve your chances by marrying into management.

Nada.....Isn't that the truth!! Marry or sleep w/the manager, be a relative, etc....you get the picture. You can be in "Hiring Manager Review" or "Interview" status for months! Most management do not know how to use their Taleo Career Software so they just let the req's sit in the same position, so the status rarely changes.

I worked there for 15 yrs, a Mgr came in after the merge and yanked my budget for his gf and I was told I had two weeks to find something else inside the company. Two weeks is like a nanosecond at NGC...they are so unorganized. I know some people, but I can't get back in the door! It's so frustrating!!

Sky in Silver Spring, Maryland

9 months ago

It has been almost 2 months now since I applied for a Native linguist2 position with NG. My application status still reads "under consideration by recruiter".I know for sure I'm the few candidates who are a perfect match for the position (Native speaker of the said language, Former Interpreter/Translator, IT pro, MS in Information Assurance/Security, BS in IT, Associate degree in Language Studies) but my application seems getting nowhere. Does anyone know someone who can help me point to the right direction in the Annapolis Junction, MD office? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.