How to get a response.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 58 of 58)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

M in Hampton, Virginia

81 months ago

Well, things went from GREAT to horrible.. The interview went wonderful, and he was going to call me this past Friday. He called at 5:10 with bad news. Apparently their office is moving to another city, so LM decided to COMPLETELY eliminate the entire position! The hiring manager wasn't happy but he said he was going to try & reinstate it later on down the road, and has my resume and will call me but I can't afford to sit and wait and hold my breath.. So I am back to square one :(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Hugo Rodrigues in Brussels, Belgium

75 months ago

SFeigley in Los Angeles, California said: Hi. I'm a current employee with Northrop Grumman. Not that i have a huge amount of pull with the company or anything like that, but if you send me a copy of your resume I could make sure it gets in someones hand.

Where it goes from there who knows, but I'd give it a try for what it's worth.

Let me know if you are interested.

My e-mail is: SFeigley@hotmail.com

I am a Portuguese mechanical engineering with 24 years old, actually performing a diploma course on Von Karman Institute for Fluid Dynamics in Brussels. At the moment I have in hands a PhD in TU Delft (Netherlands) but I'm tempted in applying to Northrop Grumman or Lockheed. As you might see is a big step on my life and I need some opinions...

1 - Foreign people are easily accepted on defense contractors like Northrop Grummanor Lockheed? I mean, they take more in account your personal profile, skills and qualifications than your nationality?

2 - PhD needs high wages to be maintained in a enterprise. For what you have seen there, which kind of personnel this company is looking for?

PhD personnel?
People who got there skills by experience on other companies?
Or people who have a good background and wants to start and grow on this company?
This might vary on the area or in the job assignment but I'm thinking in applying to military and space missions.

3 - If I apply they will cover all my expenses? I heard that LA is expensive but it should be visit at least once in life.

I will be grateful for a opinion. Thanks in advance

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Guy In LA... in Los Angeles, California

48 months ago

Jay in SLC in Denver, Colorado said: I've sent at least 100 online applications to Northrup. I have yet to get a response. What does it take?

I wanted to post a comment on this site in regards to gaining employment with Northrop Grumman. I started applying for jobs with Northrop Grumman in Dec. of 2010. I applied for jobs on a daily basis for the next couple months that aligned with my background and education. (50-60 in 2 months)I had 2 interview in Feb. 2011 and landed a great position in the El Segundo office March 10th with a start date of March 28th.

The medical and background took a few weeks to be completed.

I noticed that a lot of people expressed frustration and negativity while trying to gain employment with Northrop.

When your resume is reviewed by the recruiters or hr they are looking for key words in your resume that match the job description for the position you are applying for. I made sure I tailored my resume and cover letter to fit each and every on of the position being offered. Anyone can apply for 50 jobs with the same resume... You have to take the time to stand out from the rest of the people applying for these jobs. In this economy there are likely 500 or more people applying for every job being offered.

There is no trick to getting a job. If you have the background and education you can get a position with any company. Be persistent and do not give up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

BL in Denver, Colorado

47 months ago

1. A security clearance
2. Related work experience
3. Graduate education
4. Great interview, with great answers to questions

That's what will get you a job offer at NG and other organizations.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Nelson in Palmdale, California

38 months ago

I came across this thread, and was wondering if anyone knows what type of questions Northrop Grumman ask's you if you do receive a call back from HR?
I have sent 3 applications into NG in the past year and havent received any notification. I recently came into contact with a NG employer and they sent me a list of hit words in my resume. Does anyone else have advice on how to get in?
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jadedea in Glendale, Arizona

38 months ago

"1. A security clearance
2. Related work experience
3. Graduate education
4. Great interview, with great answers to questions

That's what will get you a job offer at NG and other organizations."

insert certification with that. Ive applied for positions i was overqualified for and still wasnt selected. Their answer was they picked another qualified person. The only thing I don't have is a cert and/or degree, but i have over 12 years experience in my field.

No Luck in Murrieta, California

36 months ago

I have been having a VERY hard time getting any company to give me a call back regarding my resume I submit to them. I applied to an NG position with a referral name, got the question email, replied promptly and didn't hear anything after that even after emailing the person back twice asking for confirmation - she didn't respond at all. My guess is that it was an internal posting and companies "need" to post publicly, so they just ignored me after that step.

With that said, I have thrown my resume out about 100 times+ to different types of companies (I've been with Lockheed for 7 years and was recently laid off) and have only received about 4-5 phone calls. I feel my resume is pretty well written. I do live ~60 miles from San Diego (city I apply) so do you think they discriminate against my location????

My frustration has gotten to the point of me wanting to change my career.

Not sure what to do! ARRRGGGGHHHH!

Any advice would help.

Z in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

33 months ago

I have been applying to NG for at least half a year now and have no received any replies. The furthest I got was status being changed to "under review by hiring manager". Does anyone have any advice on what to do to increase my chance to getting an interview?

BTW, Graduating tomorrow and no job in line. =(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.