Attitude @ NWH

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

donnie

83 months ago

Those affiliated with his hospital have Attitude. They think they are a cut above everyone else in the med field. You'd be wise to look elsewhere.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

ESmithCPhT in Chicago, Illinois

82 months ago

Could I get some elaboration on this comment? Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dr Fairbanks in Carol Stream, Illinois

82 months ago

The Northwestern conglomerate of University Campuses, several large hospitals, (including, all though they don't admit to it are Evanston, Glenbrook, Childrens Memorial, and the Rehabilitation Institute), and a front called the "Streeterville Corporation" that owns hundreds of millions of dollars in prime downtown, east of Michigan Ave. parking garages, and high rise condo developments where not for profit money is washed with for profit money. The true amount of money that is run by a secret elite group of Northwestern University professors is in the billions of dollars.
People in the hospital have "attitude" because of there is an unofficial attitude of "who cares" Management and Administration ignore proplems to the degree that there is officially no problems whatsoever. If an employee has severe problems with coworkers poor actions, they can either go to Human Resources, and be made a fool of, or contact their manager, whereby they will be treated like they have a mental problem for an " inability to get along with their coworkers", even though the employee suffered through no fault or actions of their own. People at Northwestern are technically competent, but beyond this, they just don't care. HR is run by people in their twenties with limited understanding of how to deal with problems, except for writing the apropriate paperwork and filing it. The hospital is not for profit, but the doctors are extremely for profit, as they are concerned about production in seeing a high volume of clients and performing services at a brisk speed that would have made Henry Ford proud of them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jan Sheridan in Glendale Heights, Illinois

82 months ago

I understand.I worked there myself at Prentice for 6 years. I enjoyed my time in the Special Care Nursery,as there Lactation Consultant. The hospital itself is very vast. We are made to be the very best in the field and we truly are,and do really care. There are just a lot of personalities there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

wandab in Detroit, Michigan

72 months ago

Jan Sheridan in Glendale Heights, Illinois said: I understand.I worked there myself at Prentice for 6 years. I enjoyed my time in the Special Care Nursery,as there Lactation Consultant. The hospital itself is very vast. We are made to be the very best in the field and we truly are,and do really care. There are just a lot of personalities there.

Hi Jan,

I am a medical assistant in OB office and want to become an ultrasound tech or a lactation consultant. What type of schooling is needed? Do I need to be an RN?

Thanks.......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

I WORK @ NMH in Chicago, Illinois

69 months ago

NMH IS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK,PEOPLE ARE FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL. PEOPLE HAVE HIGH STANDARDS TO MEET BY WORKING THERE BUT MOST ARE WILLING TO GO ABOVE AND BEYOND FOR PATIENT CARE!

NEW PCT NMH in Lake Bluff, Illinois

65 months ago

This is a great place.. the website says that they only hire "the best"

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.