employment at Northwestern Memorial Hosp

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Margarita in Chicago, Illinois

89 months ago

I was talking to one of your employees about finding a position at Northwestern and she told me that the hospital is expanding at the Prentiss Women's Hospital section, I am very much interested in working for that hospital, however, I have clerical experience in the Radiology Department and Out-patient services. Please inform me as to what I need to do in order for me to apply for a position there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dr Fairbanks in Carol Stream, Illinois

88 months ago

They mainly hire people who know employees. Friends and family members get first preference, and then overqualified people are hired off the street. If you know somebody, you can get hired with almost no experience, and minimum requirements all around.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous16 in Chicago, Illinois

88 months ago

As a newcomer to Chicago, I unfortunately do not know anyone who works at NMH, but I have extensive experience in my field.

I wouldn't think that those particular hiring practices would be beneficial to the hospital, patients, nor existing workers. Why would any company resort to nepotism instead of finding experienced employees. It costs the hospital to train these "almost no experience, and minimum requirements all around" insiders. This seems to contradict the overall opinion that I am hearing that NMH has extremely qualified personnel.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Joan Reid

77 months ago

I am a Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist looking for a jon at Northwestern. I have many years of experience in this field. so you are telling me that if i dont know some one i wont get hire? Thats not fair

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

I WORK @ NMH in Chicago, Illinois

75 months ago

THAT IS NOT TRUE IF U ARE A MA TRY TO GO THROUGH NMPG,IT IS AFFILIATED WITH THE HOSPITAL. I CURRENTLY WORK THERE AND DID NOT HAVE ANY CONNECTIONS!!!

Joan Reid said: I am a Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist looking for a jon at Northwestern. I have many years of experience in this field. so you are telling me that if i dont know some one i wont get hire? Thats not fair

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.