Nuance Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Nuance?

What do you like best about working at Nuance? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

Not Hired in Hampton, New Hampshire

96 months ago

Be careful with this outfit. They pull some sleazy stunts with pay. They try to low-ball you from what you ask for and try to use your "bonus" as part of the salary. And they're rather spineless when it comes to confronting them. They even backed out of an offer with me. Stay away!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Looking in Boston in Waltham, Massachusetts

96 months ago

What job was this for?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Hearsay in Bedford, Massachusetts

92 months ago

This is hearsay since it's my friend's experience retold, not my own... I have a friend who had a tentative offer (as in, "You are the one we are going to hire, it's a matter of final OK and paperwork which will be coming next week" ...) and then they didn't return calls or emails for a week. Then when they did, they said that they had run into a delay with finalizing the job. My friend indicated that she had another offer (which she did) but that she would prefer to work at Nuance, but needed to know the status. They promissed her an answer that week, and then never called her. When she finally got them on the phone, they said that they were still interested and wanted her, just that everything was stuck in red tape... so she said "no thanks" and took the other job with a different company... which has turned out fine.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kehborn in St. Paul, Minnesota

80 months ago

Nuance is laying scads of people off in the Dictaphone division. It is in increments as they are trying to keep it under the radar. It began last February and a friend has received notice that she will no longer have a job in October -- so it continues. Lots of middle-management have been reassigned to positions for which they are not qualified and it's anyone's guess if they will have jobs after this fall. Nuance is operating at a loss company-wide. I'd be real careful about looking here for a job and if I did accept one I wouldn't expect it to be long-term.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

punam shah in Elmhurst, Illinois

77 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Nuance?

What do you like best about working at Nuance? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

i heard that it is big and good company

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

gbwieler in York, South Carolina

76 months ago

Hearsay in Bedford, Massachusetts said: This is hearsay since it's my friend's experience retold, not my own... I have a friend who had a tentative offer (as in, "You are the one we are going to hire, it's a matter of final OK and paperwork which will be coming next week" ...) and then they didn't return calls or emails for a week. Then when they did, they said that they had run into a delay with finalizing the job. My friend indicated that she had another offer (which she did) but that she would prefer to work at Nuance, but needed to know the status. They promissed her an answer that week, and then never called her. When she finally got them on the phone, they said that they were still interested and wanted her, just that everything was stuck in red tape... so she said "no thanks" and took the other job with a different company... which has turned out fine.

I had a very similar experience. A regional director flew up for a face to face interview. Everything went extremely well. I was told at the end of the interview that he would like to extend an offer to me, when I can give notice at my current position, things of that nature. He stated that I should receive an offer letter in the mail with in a couple days. Tic toc tic toc tic toc.... Week went by... Called a week later just to clarify we were all on the same page. I was told that the VP was extremely busy with end of quarter, end of fiscal year items, and that he was really busy and had not gotten back to him. Well, another week went by, made another phone call and was then told that they were going to hire within and that they would keep my file on record.

During all of this time, three weeks in all, there was not one email, nor one phone call made to me to keep me informed of what was going on. If this is how they treat future employees, I am very glad i did not get the position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Sr engineer in NYC, New York

13 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Nuance?

I've been at Nuance for over a decade and will comment only on bonuses for now. In my offer it states that I have a 10% bonus, based on performance (the company's and mine). I have never seen 10% yet. This year it was just 2.5%. So, word of advice: disregard the bonus and make sure you're more than happy with your baseline salary, because it is not going anywhere. Raises here are minimal.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.