What's the company culture at Oak Grove Technologies?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

Every business has its own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Oak Grove Technologies?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Oak Grove Technologies?

Reply - Report abuse

Just the truth...

87 months ago

This was a very friendly company to work for back in 2007, but it has gone downhill. I had co-workers called at home by the CEO and screamed at. Another co-worker left the company, then three weeks later had a director call and yell at him/her that his old e-mail address had just received a job offer notice. This means that not only was the old e-mail address not turned off, but MANAGEMENT WAS READING YOUR E-MAIL. I personally had managers and directors look at me with a straight face and LIE, apparently not remembering that I WAS IN THE MEETING THEY WERE LYING ABOUT! Director level management admitted that the standard business plan was to WAY underbid on contracts to win them, then immediately begin asking for contract mods because "the scope of the project had changed." As people began to get wind of how business got done, backbiting and complaining about one employee or another began, blaming one another for the problems. It was very ugly. Virtually everyone I knew at the section of the company I worked with has now left and won't go back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

markgross in Raleigh, North Carolina

34 months ago

As the Founder and CEO of Oak Grove, I take particular offense to this comment. "Just the Truth" is lacking in facts and/or reality. Anyone who's ever met or knows me would know my personality is such that I've never screamed at or belittled anyone in 10 years of running this company. Not my style, lead by example is more my style. I encourage anyone considering a career at Oak Grove to talk with the staff in our offices, the office in question still has employees there six years later. This company's reputation speaks for itself (not because of me personally, but by the quality of the people employed here). We maintain one of the highest retention rates in the industry, and I'm sorry one disgruntled ex employee (don't know who but yes I personally probably fired). The person/people that I needed to get involved with to terminate (and there have been a few) wouldn't be asked or hired back but I sincerely wish them the best in their future endeavors :)

Mark Gross
Founder/CEO

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.