Attending a private university and accumulating lots of debt...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

JAC11 in Ontario, California

17 months ago

Hi all! I recently got accepted into Loma Linda's program for this upcoming summer start! I am really excited to be accepted into the program, but I am also paralyzed by the thought of the debt I will be in.

I have student loans from Cal Poly SLO that are around 30K, and am estimating another 120K-ish for the LLU program. I did not get accepted into any state school, I do not think my stats are competitive enough to get accepted into a state program.

My "plan b" is going to school to become a special education teacher. Is anyone else in this similar predicament- having to weight out the pros an cons to being in major student debt? I would love any advice or perspectives on the matter! Thank you for your help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

17 months ago

Don't worry about the debt. After graduating you will find a great paying job quickly. Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

17 months ago

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York said: Don't worry about the debt. After graduating you will find a great paying job quickly. Good Luck.

Thank you for your advice, Joe. I appreciate it!:)

Doggiehearter in Central Coast, California

17 months ago

Hey Yes!! omg message me I just got into Samuel Merrit, email or message me on here please!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Doggiehearter in Central Coast, California

17 months ago

guest in San Jose, California said: Check around.

Don't bet on getting a high paying job after college to service $150K of student loan debt.

What do you do commentor in San Jose j/w...?

Are you in the field? Do you know how the federal gov't does it's repaymetn schedule with loan forgiveness for healthcare providers that work in the public sector?

J/w..thanks :)

16 months ago

Hey Doggiehearter, I have heard Samuel Merrit is a pricey one- but a good school (I understand that situation!lol). I decided to say "yes" to the program. I talked with one of my friend's sisters who went to Univ of Puget Sound, and she too has lots of student debt. She said that if you work for a non-profit and make your payments on the loan for ten years then the gov does a forgiveness program. She also mentioned that her salary was not super competitive, but she is doing what she loves. I guess it comes down to being willing to sacrifice for what you're passionate about. Have you come to any decision??

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.