What's the company culture at Office Depot?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Office Depot?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Office Depot?

Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Klamath Falls, Oregon

87 months ago

they wear jeans tshirts tennis- becuz they have to stand and walk on a hard cement floor.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

depotnole in Tallahassee, Florida

80 months ago

I have been with the company for 4 years, and can honestly say I wouldn't want to work for any other company. With the retail industry the way it is right now, we may not have as many employees in the store at a time as we'd like to sometimes, but we still manage to take care of customers. Great company that I would recommend to anyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Emma90 in Salt Lake City, Utah

74 months ago

There are different aspects of Office Depot than just retail. It obviously depends on which division in which you work as to your dress attire (and, from the former comments, your level of happiness also depends on that - retail isn't everybody's cup of tea).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous 2009 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

69 months ago

The corporate headquarters hires and fires at will, there is no job security there, beautiful new offices that appear that the company is doing very well. The department that I worked for was very top heavy with managers and above level employees however they were shorthanded on the "workers" who really got the job done. The companies has been known to be a sweat shop and many departments did not even want to work together as "team players". Alot of non-cooperation between departments. I had a direct boss who was a real trip, self centered, narcissistic person who degraded and showed very little respect for the staff. People were laid off, who truly shouldn't have been, however there were others who "flew under the radar", undetected from doing basically nothing, but survived the "downsizing".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (45) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

A MOM of employee in Minneapolis, Minnesota

15 months ago

anonymous in Klamath Falls, Oregon said: they wear jeans tshirts tennis- becuz they have to stand and walk on a hard cement floor.

oh no after a year of tennis shoes daughter was told dress shoes or be sent home.yes cement floors and no back up ever need bathroom break piss your pants and have your parent bring you clean ones on break sould have said something . not so bad now maybe because manager left want her to quit alot of BS I would never have put up with. if i had it my way would have raised alot of sh*t pay suc#s too. msp office depot suc@s

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.