Office Team- BAD NEWS! AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAGUE!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

Danielle in Littleton, Colorado

93 months ago

They charge the client over 2x what the employee is getting! For example, if you are being paid their measley $10/hr. or so, they are charging the client about $25/hr!!! Avoid them like the plague-- they are BAD NEWS!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

L33t in California

86 months ago

I worked for Office Team about two years ago, the client was paying $16.75 an hour for me and I was getting $9.50 an hour.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Candy V in Tulsa, Oklahoma

84 months ago

Guess what? They're paying your payroll taxes, unemployment insurance, workers' comp, soliciting jobs for you to apply for, maintaining records, paying rent, and paying staff who are working for YOU. And yes, they make a profit, but I can assure you it's nowhere near the amount you are paid and what they charge. Years and years ago, temp services were unheard of, and if you used an employment service, you would pay out the nose YOURSELF if you accepted a position they sent you on.

After fighting the internet job search battle for several months now, I'm happy for OfficeTeam to be on my side, making bona fide jobs available in one place. The gals in the Tulsa office are really working hard to find me a great job, and I appreciate it more than they can know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Anne in Denver, Colorado

84 months ago

Their profit is more than 100% often, of what YOU are earning. They are predators!

And they don't work for YOU -- they work for the client. You are nothing but a resource. Maybe you found some nicer people at your office but don't hold your breath! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

a recruiter and damn proud of it in Florida

83 months ago

Anne in Denver, Colorado said: Their profit is more than 100% often, of what YOU are earning. They are predators!

And they don't work for YOU -- they work for the client. You are nothing but a resource. Maybe you found some nicer people at your office but don't hold your breath! :)

Do you pay them, or does the client? If you write them a check then yes, by all means you are the client, however I know in Office Teams case that you dont pay them, the hiring company does. Consider it a FREE additional resource! Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

veronica in Tulsa, Oklahoma

73 months ago

Danielle in Littleton, Colorado said: They charge the client over 2x what the employee is getting! For example, if you are being paid their measley $10/hr. or so, they are charging the client about $25/hr!!! Avoid them like the plague-- they are BAD NEWS!

thank you very much ! I thought i was alone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mary in Tampa, Florida

73 months ago

Candy V in Tulsa, Oklahoma said: Guess what? They're paying your payroll taxes, unemployment insurance, workers' comp, soliciting jobs for you to apply for, maintaining records, paying rent, and paying staff who are working for YOU. And yes, they make a profit, but I can assure you it's nowhere near the amount you are paid and what they charge. Years and years ago, temp services were unheard of, and if you used an employment service, you would pay out the nose YOURSELF if you accepted a position they sent you on.

After fighting the internet job search battle for several months now, I'm happy for OfficeTeam to be on my side, making bona fide jobs available in one place. The gals in the Tulsa office are really working hard to find me a great job, and I appreciate it more than they can know.

CORRECTION: Agencies do not paying unemployment insurance or workers' compensation for temps (we don't qualify).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Lupe Gonzalez in Plano, Texas

70 months ago

Its true, temp agencies don't work for you, the temp. They don't even care about you. They work for their client, the company. They could care less if you get a permanent job, in fact they could care less if you live or die. That is reality.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

sean dublin in Spring Hill, Florida

69 months ago

Mary in Tampa, Florida said: CORRECTION: Agencies do not paying unemployment insurance or workers' compensation for temps (we don't qualify).

That is not true regarding unemployment. If you work long enough on a temp assignment and they end the job, you most certainly do qualify for unemployment insurance.

I worked for 9 months on one assignment and when it ended I applied and got unemployment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

A.A in Irvington, New Jersey

1 month ago

What you have to understand is that Office Team is a business, and you are what they are selling. Don't look at it as they are stealing from me or none of that mess, for the truth of the matter is, Temp Agencies are just that. They are made so you can get some quick money, or maybe consistent money for a few weeks, a few months, and sometimes a few years.

Also, more often than not expect them to throw any type of job your way. For while you may want one thing or another, they are more so going to focus on A: whether you are reliable, and B: if you are within a relatively close distance from the position. Your experience and all that will only come into consideration half the time. So basically look at Office Team, and most temp agencies, as experience and cash flow. Thinking they are going to be your besties or what not is silly. For as friendly as most of their staff are, they are working for a business which seeks to put you in some office to do whatever.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.