Comments (51 to 100 of 150)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Unemployed Property Manager in West Palm Beach, Florida

86 months ago

Way to go Displaced!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anne in Denver, Colorado

86 months ago

a recruiter and damn proud of it in Florida said: Silly Anne you cannot have a client without placing an applicant....if we constantly recruited people and never placed them we wouldn't exist cause no profit would be made, so your point once again is ridiculous.....beleive whatever you want to beleive, and just don't use recruiters if you feel the way you do about them.

I DIDN'T say you "never" place them -- re-read my posting:

Please! What a joke! You know very well that you place perhaps what -- maybe 1% of ALL THE APPLICANTS that walk through your doors! The vast majority of the applicants walk away empty handed. Yet you keep encouraging them to call and e-mail and they are wasting their time. Have you read all the comments on this board yet?

Trust me, I DON'T USE RECRUITERS. They waste my time and, frankly, most are not that bright.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Anne in Denver, Colorado

86 months ago

Recruiter:
The COST of your agency placing ONE person is very very high and in NO WAY does NOT help the economy. You are actually FEEDING (taking from) from the economy; you do not ADD to its productiveness.

If candidates are looking for jobs, and there are more candidates than jobs, and you place one person, how does that "help" the economy. If you CREATED jobs, then you would be helping the economy.

You need to go back and read Business and Economics 101! You clearly do not understand how the economy works and how third parties such as agencies and other brokers ADD costs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

a recruiter and damn proud of it in Florida

85 months ago

Anne in Denver, Colorado said: Recruiter:
The COST of your agency placing ONE person is very very high and in NO WAY does NOT help the economy. You are actually FEEDING (taking from) from the economy; you do not ADD to its productiveness.

If candidates are looking for jobs, and there are more candidates than jobs, and you place one person, how does that "help" the economy. If you CREATED jobs, then you would be helping the economy.

You need to go back and read Business and Economics 101! You clearly do not understand how the economy works and how third parties such as agencies and other brokers ADD costs.

Thats funny.....my company employs thousands of people internally, and place thousands.....but no, we're no help to the economy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

Hey Recruiter, What company do you work for and where in Florida?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

MrsScales in Charlotte, North Carolina

85 months ago

Just wondering,

Who said the agency was providing a free service to employees. I work for an agency. Went out for cocktails with the manager at the company I was assigned. He told me he was paying 20 bucks an hour for me. The agency was paying me 11.00, So who's providing a free service?

85 months ago

MrsScales - That does NOT sound right!! Your salary is $11 bucks and he is paying the company $20??? Makes sense,noooooooooooooooo!!!

85 months ago

MrsScales in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Just wondering,

Who said the agency was providing a free service to employees. I work for an agency. Went out for cocktails with the manager at the company I was assigned. He told me he was paying 20 bucks an hour for me. The agency was paying me 11.00, So who's providing a free service?

Its a free service to applicants. You do not pay, the client company does. So yes, it is a free service to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

Unemployed Property Manager in West Palm Beach, Florida said: Hey Recruiter, What company do you work for and where in Florida?

Im in the Orlando market, I work for a division of RHI

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

Ok thanks, too far away.

85 months ago

Displaced!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

85 months ago

Displaced!! Opps Forgot to type in the rest of my statement!! Way to go!! BC just send me a nice list of online jobs. BC said she did a few of them and it is ok.

85 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: a recruiter and damn proud of it in Florida: "That's funny.....my company employs thousands of people internally, and place thousands.....but no, we're no help to the economy."

The joke is on you, son. The news continues that the economy is almost in recession. But, as I wrote above, you should volunteer yourself to the presidential campaigns to be the next Secretary of Labor. Betcha you can show 'em a few things, "recruiter."

"It's a free service to applicants. You do not pay, the client company does. So yes, it is a free service to you."

Not always so, "recruiter." Just re-read my story, above, about I could have been held liable for a recruiter's commission, even though the job was fee-paid.

You said your time is too valuable to waste on us stupid people, "recruiter." So how come you are back? Apparently your time isn't so "valuable" after all.[/QUOTE

Like I said....I read your story, it's not the norm, and the agency was wrong for trying to make your responsible for paying the fee should something happen. Did you not see me siding with you? The agencies I work for and represent do not do business that way, if they did I would NEVER work there. Agencies are profitable companies, we have to charge fees, but not at the detriment of our applicants. This is a waste of my time, yes, but its like a train wreck....you can't help, but watch.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

a recruiter and damn proud of it in Florida said: Its a free service to applicants. You do not pay, the client company does. So yes, it is a free service to you.

If you want to be technical about. No, I don't pay any up front fees. But, If the actual job pays $20 (or less) and I'm only recieving $11, where's the other $9. Just like going to these big places to get your taxes done. You want a rapid refund, you don't pay any up front fees, but they are deducted out of you refund amount. Did the company provide free tax service to me because I didnt pay up front? The money that the client company pays should be going to me, not the agency who solicited the client company's business.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

Just to make you aware, I currently work for a staffing agency. So I don't hate agencies. I just don't like the fact that those super salespeople take all the jobs from common folks that would rather go to the hr department at the client company than to an agency.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

I think I forgot to mention not only agencies withold money. I had part of my pay raise withheld to meet the budget for 2007. This might be outside the thread but hey it's worth mentioning.

Anne in Denver, Colorado

85 months ago

a recruiter and damn proud of it in Florida said: Thats funny.....my company employs thousands of people internally, and place thousands.....but no, we're no help to the economy.

Most "service" organizations do not add that much to our economy. Manufacturing and production add the most.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Anne in Denver, Colorado

85 months ago

What kind of business did you start Ron? That is wonderful!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Anne in Denver, Colorado

85 months ago

That means if you con an employer into a contract, they have pay you reguardless of if they get a worker through you or not. So there is no incentive for you to find work for anyone Your incentive is only to get new employers to sign up...***********

I didn't realize that they have to pay the agency REGARDLESS. Is that true of most agencies? I thought only if they find someone they get paid.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

I was just trying to determine how it was a "Free Service". Don't get me wrong agencies help plenty of people gain employment and need to be compensated for that, but, without the agency, I would be able to go directly to the company and put those extra dollars in my pocket not the agency.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

formerTopGun in Tampa, Florida

85 months ago

I have to say that the majority of these people in this forum are the sterotypical I cant find a job and its everyone else fault... Recruiters get paid to find people by clients. Temp firms charge a mark up to cover overhead costs.

If you dont like it dont come to one. Its clear your not worth representing anyways. If you cant get a job, why would I try? The best people to place are currently working and are not found online, or via advertisments.

Get a life, and a job- on your own.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

STAFFIN EM in Mount Prospect, Illinois

85 months ago

Sea shells in Palm Beach, Florida said: Just came upon this forum and couldn't agree with all the complaints about these agencies. These recruiters are scum bags (seriously) the ones working at Robert Half and Accountemps look like recent graduates from rehap and still need rehabilitation. Their extremley unprofessional and dress in poor taste as well as smell like an ashtray. I've been to both agencies in my area (Boca and Palm Bch) and was seriously turned off by their used car salesperson attitude. I worked for an attorney and he got calls on a daily basis from these loser types trying to solicite new hires, everyday... I couldn't beleive the way these people actaully dressed to interview candidates, I was shocked... Most of them looked hung over like run over trash, and I'm not talking about 1 or 2 individuals.
An illiterate from a fast food joint has more professionalism then these desperate
and disgusting loser types. And I thought I needed a job, LOL. Your so much better off with the Sunday paper, corporate websites and word of mouth never fails.......Good luck to all.

Venomous! Very negative, I am thankful you do not work for me. "An illiterate from a fast food joint has more professionalism then these desperate
and disgusting loser types. And I thought I needed a job, LOL." was a nice touch. Those people are not all bad. Have some compassion.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

nemesis program in Charlotte, North Carolina

85 months ago

I have a theory about Office Team and other companies like it.

What I think office team does is, it compiles information and sells it to other internet information companies, such as Intelius.com, and other "Skip Trace" services. A "Skip Trace" service locates individuals by used by Attorneys, Law Enforcement, and Finance Companies, who use the most recent information provided to placement services, in order to relocate cars, furniture, boats, motorcycles, and people, and also use the new addresses to serve legal documents, and lawsuits on relocated persons, who have provided updated information to Office Team and others like it.

Office Team provides low level jobs as a cover, as the more lucrative product is the compilation and sale of free information provided by candidates.

I don't have the ability to prove this theory without filing a class action lawsuit, and probably couldn't prove it even then. What made me suspicious was that, while filling out paperwork at Office Team, I was provided with a disclaimer that stated that my information would remain private, and would not be used by illegally by Office Team. That was the heads up.

If anyone is interested in filing a class action law suit, let me know.

M

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

I have a theory about Office Team and other companies like it.

What I think office team does is, it compiles information and sells it to other internet information companies, such as Intelius.com, and other "Skip Trace" services. A "Skip Trace" service locates individuals that leave no forwarding addresses, and is used by Attorneys, Law Enforcement, and Finance Companies, who use the most recent information provided to placement services, in order to relocate cars, furniture, boats, motorcycles, and people, and also use the new addresses to serve legal documents, and lawsuits on relocated persons, who have provided updated information to Office Team and others like it.

Office Team provides low level jobs as a cover, as the more lucrative product is the compilation and sale of free information provided by candidates.

I don't have the ability to prove this theory without filing a class action lawsuit, and probably couldn't prove it even then. What made me suspicious was that, while filling out paperwork at Office Team, I was provided with a disclaimer that stated that my information would remain private, and would not be used inappropriately or illegally by Office Team. That was the heads up.

M

85 months ago

.....and don't forget. They also sell your email information to spammers, and advertising firms who are pushing any number of Products, from online Degrees to Dating Services. It's tough enough finding a job, but when these companies sell your information, especially if you're struggling, it just adds insult to injury.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

I wouldn't be interested because that is one heck of a thing to prove. That disclaimer is exactly that "they will not sell the information".
Where's DISPLACED??? Displaced can explain all that. Hey you there? Yooo hooo!!

STAFFIN EM in Mount Prospect, Illinois

85 months ago

nemesis program in Charlotte, North Carolina said: I have a theory about Office Team and other companies like it.

What I think office team does is, it compiles information and sells it to other internet information companies, such as Intelius.com, and other "Skip Trace" services. A "Skip Trace" service locates individuals that leave no forwarding addresses, and is used by Attorneys, Law Enforcement, and Finance Companies, who use the most recent information provided to placement services, in order to relocate cars, furniture, boats, motorcycles, and people, and also use the new addresses to serve legal documents, and lawsuits on relocated persons, who have provided updated information to Office Team and others like it.

I don't have the ability to prove this theory without filing a class action lawsuit, and probably couldn't prove it even then. What made me suspicious was that, while filling out paperwork at Office Team, I was provided with a disclaimer that stated that my information would remain private, and would not be used inappropriately or illegally by Office Team. That was the heads up.

M

Wow, part time conspiracy theorist? I would love to see you prove this theory, it would certainly be front page material. You seem to be very knowledgable, which is a great catalyst to transform theories into rumors, which are then accepted as fact. Wonder how you would feel if such a person as yourself became interested in you as a target for their next campaign. I noticed that most people that hate Robert Half and their affiliates simply were not placed, which happens for a great many reasons, sometimes you are just not a placable candidate. Before your gears start turning, NO I do not work for them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

But, STAFFIN EM? isn't that what your name implies? mmmmm

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

John in Littleton, Colorado

85 months ago

Wonder how you would feel if such a person as yourself became interested in you as a target for their next campaign. I noticed that most people that hate Robert Half and their ...

OOOOhhh.... seems like Robert Half is getting worried..... HA HA!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

MrsScales in Charlotte, North Carolina said: If you want to be technical about. No, I don't pay any up front fees. But, If the actual job pays $20 (or less) and I'm only recieving $11, where's the other $9. Just like going to these big places to get your taxes done. You want a rapid refund, you don't pay any up front fees, but they are deducted out of you refund amount. Did the company provide free tax service to me because I didnt pay up front? The money that the client company pays should be going to me, not the agency who solicited the client company's business.

Some clients choose to go through agencies, it takes time and effort off of their backs normally with some sort of guarantee on the money they pay out. No employee ever costs only the $11/hour or whatever it is that they are getting paid. The agency pays into the individuals taxes, most offer 401ks, benefits, and we also pay into the persons taxes and we handle the unemployment or workers compensation costs. Agencies aren't non-profit. They do are in it for making money, but also offer a great service to clients, and also a free service to applicants. Most of the companies we work with don't want the average job-seeker contacting them. That is exactly why they go to agencies to pre-screen and pre-qualify applicants.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: a recruiter and damn proud of it in Florida: "They...[are] also a free service to applicants."

You just don't get it, do you, "recruiter"? Read my posts on that subject again, please. Undoubtedly other agencies besides the one I visited pull the same bullcrap I experienced.

You keep saying this thread is a waste of your time, the posters are too stupid for you and you will stop posting - yet you keep coming back.

I know why you keep coming back, "recruiter." You are junior in your Half agency and are responsible for reviewing job boards for anti-Half posts. You must be very frustrated with such menial duty instead of being a big-time Half headhunter. No wonder why you post invective and are so defensive about your "agency" and your fine "industry."

You cracked the case!!!! Do you really think the management at RHI or any other firm would pay someone to check out these boards daily, and find ramblings of pissed off job seekers? I read your post, after post, after post, and I said that the agency you went to is not the norm. I have never in my life interviewed or heard of my competition doing that....was it wrong yes...is it my fault no....and yes the secretary comment is getting old.

85 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: Excuse me, "recruiter," I didn't address you by your proper title. Mr./Madam Secretary of Labor. ;->

You really are ridiculous. I went back and re-read ALL of your comments....So I'm passionate about my industry? I place thousands of people per year....I know the individuals I have placed thought that there was a value in my service. If you were never placed by an agency or don't know anyone who has, then I can see how you would be confused. Whether you like it or not agencies make money, and they do it by finding people jobs, they are around for the long haul.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: a recruiter and damn proud of it in Florida: "They...[are] also a free service to applicants."

You just don't get it, do you, "recruiter"? Read my posts on that subject again, please. Undoubtedly other agencies besides the one I visited pull the same bullcrap I experienced.

You keep saying this thread is a waste of your time, the posters are too stupid for you and you will stop posting - yet you keep coming back.

I know why you keep coming back, "recruiter." You are junior in your Half agency and are responsible for reviewing job boards for anti-Half posts. You must be very frustrated with such menial duty instead of being a big-time Half headhunter. No wonder why you post invective and are so defensive about your "agency" and your fine "industry."

ps. I work as an executive recruiter. I've been in this industry going on 11 years now, and grossed well over 110K last year...if you feel that is menial thats your opinion.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: Future Secretary of Labor in Florida: "I said that the agency you went to is not the norm. I have never in my life interviewed or heard of my competition doing that..."

Then you don't know much about your "industry," do YOU?

"yes the secretary comment is getting old."

To whom? If the shoe fits.......

You're right you know it all Oh Great One.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: a recruiter and damn proud of it in Florida: "You're right you know it all, Oh Great One."

In this case, yes, I do. Thanks, Mr./Madam Secretary, for making my points, above, about invective, lack of MATURITY and lack of professionalism, and others' points, above, about your arrogance.

Answering your nonsense is fun, Mr./Madam Secretary. I am the matador waving a red flag at your bull. Ole!

Well then you too prove a lot about yourself, and have done so throughout this entire forum. You have been unprofessional, arrogant, immature yourself, so can we guess that you're a receptionist making 10/hr at a legal office based off of that?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: a recruiter and damn proud of it in Florida: "Your tone would indicate that I'm speaking to a drunk monkey, but would that be a fair assessment of who I'm speaking with?"

"Drunk monkey." There you go again, Mr./Madam Secretary, with more name calling and invective.

"Have you responded professionally to me throughout this entire blog?"

I have responded to you in kind, especially considering how you've called some people here "retards" and "brain dead drudges."

I guess that shows what your perception of things might be......not quite how it went down, but whatever makes you feel better at night.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

ok drinks on me!!!!!!!!!!

85 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: a recruiter and damn proud of it in Florida: "I guess that shows what your perception of things might be......not quite how it went down, but whatever makes you feel better at night."

Nope. That's exactly how it went down and you know it did.

In any event, there you go once more, Mr./Madam Secretary, wasting your "precious time." You proclaim that you will not longer waste time on this thread - yet you keep coming back.[/QUO

just forget any part you played in this....thats fine, like I said whatever makes you sleep at night.....how many time are you going to ask why I keep coming back?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

Unemployed Property Manager in West Palm Beach, Florida said: ok drinks on me!!!!!!!!!!

I'll take drinks on you....I could use one after speaking with displaced.....I lost all sense of reality:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: a recruiter and damn proud of it in Florida: "I'll take drinks on you....I could use one after speaking with displaced.....I lost all sense of reality..."

I'll agree with you there, Mr./Madam Secretary, that have no sense of reality.

And you continue to post, even though you said you would not.....

You're right, I have lost all sense of reality while talking to you.

Weepopstar in West Orange, New Jersey

85 months ago

Ismael Colon in Fort Worth, Texas said: What kind of position are you currently seeking in Colorado?

I'm a recruiter but unfortunately don't work within Colorado. I do however work in Florida and New York placing financial and accounting executives but not for any of the above listed firms.

I just saw your comments, are you still working in NY recruiting financial positions? Do you have a website I can send my resume to? Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cheated in Dallas, Texas

81 months ago

Cut out the Middleman! in Denver, Colorado said: The staff at the Office Team in Greenwood Village, CO (or Englewood mailing address) REALLY DO remind me of children dressing up playing "business!" I'm LOL!!!!!!!!!!

MY ADVICE: GO DIRECTLY TO COMPANY WEBSITES OR CALL THE HR RECRUITERS IF YOU DON'T SEE ANYTHING. SOMETIMES THEY WILL ACTUALLY TALK TO YOU! AMAZING! The temp agencies want everyone to 'go thru them.' Let them know how we DO NOT NEED THEM -- they are for the most part, a useless and unecessary third party! Cut out the middleman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Definately cut these parasites out of the picture.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cheated in Dallas, Texas

81 months ago

Evan Miller in San Francisco, California said: Has anyone realized that the reason RH exists is because of the hundreds of thousands of people that have been placed through this company? No one complains if they find a career through them. Let's take some responsibility and stop wasting time being negative.

If anyone has had a sales role (which is what a recruiter is) they know that it is not only acceptable, but also necessary to set optimistic expectations that involve components outside of their own control. Your recruiter found no pleasure in disappointing you. Furthermore, if you don't have the nerve to ask for references, you will never get them.

Let's get off of this website and hit-up a career site. Good luck!

Getting off this website is the best idea. That's what you need to do. From my experiences with both RH and other of these parasites the people here have legitimate issues, especially the folks who have been cheated out of wages or had their resume used for its information to recruit more companies for RH.

Black in Dallas, Texas

81 months ago

Ronald in Kearny, New Jersey said: I had a similar experience however; my skills are fresh in my mind since I just got done with school. The difference for me was that I found out the software they tested me on was very outdated stuff years behind any new software people today are using, so things change and how they get done are different. So the test was unfair assessment of my skills since many of the tasks they ask about have been improved and can actually be done better and faster with newer software. Furthermore, many test questions they gave me were not field related, like asking me how to correctly fill a medical order or an accounting question when the test was supposed to be on web design skills. Another problem I had was many questions, answers were either outright wrong, or no longer applied since there is newer software that does things differently.

On a side note I hate employment agencies because the people evaluating you don't know what their doing, or even what their looking at in most cases. Why do I have to be tested on my typing speed or data entry skills if I'm not looking for any such related position? Another thing I hate is walking into an office were the person interviewing me barely speaks English then hands me a math test to do a geometry problem or something which again has nothing to do with my job. The more insulting part is none of these things they are asking me to do they can do themselves, and many don't even understand it to start with. However the Spanish guy sitting next to me usually doesn't have to take these tests. Last thing I hate is when a job says English speaking only, yet anyone who is white is turned away while the Spanish worker actually has the office person filling out the paperwork for them because they don’t speak English.

Talk about being white and turned away - try being black!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cheated in Dallas, Texas

81 months ago

Anne in Littleton, Colorado said: **************************************** I am laughing out loud! LOL! What "service?" Wasting our time with resume collectors?

You said "Agencies are the "backbone" of the employment market?" Are you stupid or just delerious?

You'd better go back and take your economics classes! Small businesses are the BACKBONE of the employment market.

Employment agencies are adding a THIRD PARTY -- adding costs to the labor market. Bottom feeding predators!

Well sed!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cheated in Dallas, Texas

81 months ago

State Labor Board + Fifty and Fabulous! in Denver, Colorado said: Actually try calling your state's LABOR BOARD TO FIND JOBS! A rarely thought of avenue. They're super helpful -- especially the Arapahoe Douglas WORKS! They also have a program called "Fifty and Fabulous!" Check it out!

Not so in Texas. The state job board royally sux and had even more of these bogus RH and OT jobs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cheated in Dallas, Texas

81 months ago

Ron in Secaucus, New Jersey said: Funny, if I had a job why would I be looking for work?

"Go to a real placement agency?" That's funnier still!

If there were any in my area I would consider it. The fact is all egencies have the same general policy. If you're older than the recruiter/interviewer they will pass you over and you will never be considered or called. Yet still, there are no such opportunies for any one trying to get into new fields, if you don't already have experience you will not be considered either. I could list more but you get the idea, generally, in my area if your're not 20, a female, or anything other than an average white guy you will not get past the front door.

Add being American born and bred black to that. Foreigners - no matter what their color - are first in line.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cheated in Dallas, Texas

81 months ago

a recruiter and damn proud of it in Florida said: You're right agencies are not the place you want to go if you want to "change" careers. Agencies get paid by the client to find exactly what they are looking for......not someone who wants that type of work. Also, if agencies really did what you said as far as age discrimination don't you think some of them would have been closed or fined or even both, unless all these claims have been unfounded.....then they are just forum gossip.

Yes they do!!! And it;s real easy not to get prosecuted for it. It;s kept behind closed doors just like a "no-hire" list. Don't be naive, this is the real world, not some namby pamby fairy tale. We created this.

Cheated in Dallas, Texas

81 months ago

a recruiter and damn proud of it in Florida said: Hahahaha....a forum about agencies and you are telling the recruiter to go away...get a grip....agencies are the BACKBONE of the employment market! Deal with it, if you don't like them dont use their FREE service to you.

Bull = agencies are the bane of the employment industry - parasites.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dita in Richmond, Virginia

81 months ago

I have to say I am likely to side with most of the posters that are dissatisfied with the professionalism and practices of Office Team. I do believe their methods of evaluating potential employees are a bit shady. Here is my story:

I called and asked to schedule an interview and was referred to the web application. I was instructed to call back after completing the web application. I did so and was transferred to a "Staffing Manager" who, without pulling up any of my information, including my resume, immediately barked that he need references from my last two places of employment. The rest of the convo went like this:
Me: I have been working for another agency for the past three years, but they have not been able to produce quality assignments of late, and I always see postings for Office Team on Indeed.com so thought you guys would b- (yes I was interrupted)
SM: No, I need references from the jobs not the agencies
Me: I am sorry sir, that is not the agency's policy.
SM: Well, how can I get a reference from the agency when they were not on the job with you?
Me(in my head): Well, a staffing agency should know better than anyone how this works.
Me(actual): It clearly states in my contracts that I am not to solicit references from on site supervisors. Not only that, many companies have that policy of - (yes, I was rudely interrupted for the second time)
SM: Well, we have taken people from Agency X before and it has never been a problem.
Me: Well, I am sorry, but (at this point I am briefly doubted the validity of my statement)I am pretty sure they are not supposed to do that.
SM: Well that is what we require.
Me: May I call you right back? I am going to have to think about this.

*Keep in mind this all took place before his even seeing my qualifications.*

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.