Office Team = Robert Half = Fraud

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 150)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

dita in Richmond, Virginia

86 months ago

I called both my temp agency, which confirmed what I thought to be true, and my mother, who works in another department at one of my former temp assignments and asked about their company policy- which states they can only provide references/ verification of employment for their own personnel. This totally makes sense- that is the benefit for companies that hire through temp agencies and pay that “extra” (if the temp makes 9.00/ hr, the agency is charging 15 or whatever). The temp agency handles all the payroll, hr stuff and it protects their company from getting a thousand phone calls about someone who worked for them for two months. So after making my calls, which took all of seven minutes, I called Office Team back and Mr. Staffing Manager was all of a sudden out of the office for the rest of the day. Really? With no one else in the office, why was the hourly Receptionist still there? Just say he is unavailable, but don’t insult my intelligence.

So, I sat there infuriated for a little while, just steaming. My FRAUD alarm was sounding off: why was he so adamant about getting the phone numbers and names of my bosses on assignment for any other reason than solicitation purposes and attempting to steal the account from my agency? I figured this can’t be a company policy. He probably just made this up because he is desperate for his quota and there might be enough people that fall for this on a regular basis. So, I called another office in another city. I have to say, and I want people to PAY ATTENTION: the woman that I spoke to on the phone could not have been nicer. She was absolutely attentive and understanding. She explained that while this is company policy (references from the last two employers), there should be systems in place for people in my predicament. I told her that the resume I uploaded was a two-pager, one page being my resume and the second page providing 4 references, three supervisor, one from volunteer work that I do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

dita in Richmond, Virginia

86 months ago

If he had given me the chance to tell him that, I could have provided references, just not recent ones due to the situation with the temp agency. She was genuinely apologetic on his behalf for my mistreatment and asked if there was anything she could do- several times. Alas, she could not since she was 100+ miles away. I just let her know how appreciative I was for her time and how appalled I was at the fact that he was so nonchalant when he said, “Other people from Agency X have done it.” and did not seem to be concerned with these people’s standards of integrity and ethics. It obviously is not someone that I would want to work for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Former RHT/AT Employee in Grand Prairie, Texas

76 months ago

People must formally complain! in Denver, Colorado said: Unless people FORMALLY COMPLAIN TO state agencies like the Atty. General, Dept. of Consumer Affairs, EEOC, FTC, etc. nothing will be done.

There has to be a concerted effort, not one person trying to do this. These companies can and will muster teams of lawyers with their near infinite bankrolls. It is in their interests to keep status quo. I was jadedly threatened with their ability to get infinite legal assistance. They couldn't come right out and say it but it was made clear in their communications. One person has no power against them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Former RHT/AT Employee in Grand Prairie, Texas

76 months ago

Cheated in Dallas, Texas said: Add being American born and bred black to that. Foreigners - no matter what their color - are first in line.

It's evident that more and more US born and bred Americans, black, white, brown and combo, are getting tired of being second class citizens in our own country.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

sqrach in East Bridgewater, Massachusetts

71 months ago

I'm not sure if it is a scam. My experience is after partially filling out an online profile they called me quickly to schedule an interview. Skeptical? Today, of course. They gave me a few computerized test wish I enjoyed because it's nice to prove and see your skills. I think they exaggerated and made it seem like they would have jobs coming at me every minute. I would say about 2 months went by when I had an email about a secretary job that was likely sent to other people. I'm male and I don't think I would make a good secretary nor do I think I would stand a chance vs other woman going for it who have probably done it so I ignored that one.
Today I had an unknown call with no number, not an unknown or private number just blank as the caller was identified as unknown. This is about 4 months later and they left a message saying they had something in my area and want me to call back if I can or can not do it.
That's when I looked up Robert Half scam.
I'm on unemployment
it's too risky to take a position for minimum wage that may only last a week because I may not be able to get back on unemployment, and since they clearly do not have the amount of work they claim I can't expect anything else to follow. I'd also have student loans kicking in when they see I'm off unemployment.
They also require you to have health insurance through them which I still did not sign up for but I don't want to have some health insurance, after, I can't afford to keep and find out I am stuck with it.

Is it a scam?
I really don't know.
I've signed up with at least 5 agencies and though it took them a long time they are still the only ones to get back to me at all.
I think they might over sell themselves and I'm not sure why. If they told me they rarely have jobs I still would have signed up. Just be honest. We're all desperate right now anyway.

I've been thinking all day if I should call them back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Former RHT/AT in Grand Prairie, Texas

71 months ago

The root of the problem is that you had to sign up with agencies to begin with and not with the principal. We have little to no access to the actual employer. This is endemic in today's job market. What was once a useful service has for the most part turned into a parasitic entity, as exemplified by these pages+, that is self serving and generally not interested in your advancement. There are over a 100 comments here alone and this is but one forum with such complaints.
This is how it is at most jobs and job levels. The employment market is already wrecked by these parasites. This whole temporary employment system needs overhauling and brought under control of the people who actually are using it - the employee.
From the employer side, this makes for poor morale and increases and/or produces the atmosphere that increases the likelihood of activities like theft from the employer.
It's time to Regulate the Temp

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

sqrach in East Bridgewater, Massachusetts

70 months ago

Former RHT/AT in Grand Prairie, Texas said: The root of the problem is..........

That's a really good point.
I never thought about that.

It's like some agency had an over night shift which demanded a lot of physical labor and mental skills.
They were only offering to pay minimum wage.
I know for the position the pay was most likely much higher.
All I could extract was the city and vague info.
It was impossible for me to figure what the company was. Every search came back with that agency who had placed the ad in every known Job Search engine.
It was impossible to go around them.
So, I was annoyed because they blocked what could have been a decent job because they wanted to likely keep 50% of the pay.

I think I see what you're saying.
There's limited amount of jobs being offered as it is. Instead of people having direct access to these positions it's just a huge road block because they're practically holding on to them and then decided how and to whom they want to distribute them out. Keeping money they did not earn only because you've become so desperate you end up needing them to find you a job because they are all keeping them from you to begin with.

I never called them back
I'm not going to
They still are the only one to ever call me even though the positions were short, weak and rare.
The only credit I give them is being a more powerful group of scum bags relative to other agencies.

Student in Palmdale, California

62 months ago

Ron in Secaucus, New Jersey said: Ok, if these agencies were half as good as you say they would actually use more of the people who apply for work instead of constantly looking for new people. Fact is most people I know who ever applied to these agencies either never heard from them again or were only used once. The fact is agencies don't find people work, they typically only advertise to get information. By the way information is big business. That means if you con an employer into a contract, they have pay you reguardless of if they get a worker through you or not. So there is no incentive for you to find work for anyone Your incentive is only to get new employers to sign up. We all know it, we've experienced it, and we are not naive enough to fall for your rehursed lines, so stop. The fact is action speaks louder than words and agencies are all talk. By the way, I skipped agencies and started my own business. So unlike you, I have a clue, and I don't need you, you need business (that would be me.)

I was just reading the comments for research purposes but felt it was necessary to reply to this particular comment. Obviously with any business it is necessary to continue to expand your client base. I would think the reason they continue to look for more people to 'place' in jobs is to satisfy current and future client needs. You need to stop and think that maybe the reason people don't get called or called back is because they either don't have the necessary skills/experience, or maybe the client gave them a bad review and the agency needs to keep a positive relationship with clients. And of course there is a vested interest in fulfilling client needs...I hope you understand that as a business owner repeat business is an absolutely necessary component for sustaining profitability, and prospecting for new clients will only expand upon that. I'm sure there are unethical recruiters out there, but that is a completely different issue to deal with.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

Former RHT/AT in Grand Prairie, Texas said: The root of the problem is that you had to sign up with agencies to begin with and not with the principal. We have little to no access to the actual employer. This is endemic in today's job market. What was once a useful service has for the most part turned into a parasitic entity, as exemplified by these pages+, that is self serving and generally not interested in your advancement. There are over a 100 comments here alone and this is but one forum with such complaints.
This is how it is at most jobs and job levels. The employment market is already wrecked by these parasites. This whole temporary employment system needs overhauling and brought under control of the people who actually are using it - the employee.
From the employer side, this makes for poor morale and increases and/or produces the atmosphere that increases the likelihood of activities like theft from the employer.

While I agree that temp agencies need to be regulated, is it the temp agency or the companies using their services at fault...or both? Companies use these temp agencies because it's cheaper to contract them than to spend money doing their own recruiting/hiring thus improving their own profitability - and in a capitalistic economy, profitability is a necessary component to sustainability with the side effect being job creation. It's not unlike outsourcing manufacturing jobs to other countries to cut costs...although we might not agree with them we have to think about the global affect this has. Similarly, how many jobs do these temp agencies create?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

Anne in Denver, Colorado said: Most "service" organizations do not add that much to our economy. Manufacturing and production add the most.

Unfortunately our economy has become more service based now since a majority of the manufacturing/production jobs have been outsourced overseas. We have to be willing to adapt, and capitalism allows for that. Whether or not you agree with their methodology, they are a biproduct of decades of bad decisions. Do they prey on the needs of those unemployed...definitely an argument worth looking at. But I know a lot of people that have used temp agencies and probably wouldn't have found a job otherwise. Their services aren't for everyone, but to say they are worthless I feel is a hasty remark built on extrapolating and generalizing on a few bad experiences.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Ex in Dallas, Texas

62 months ago

Student in Palmdale, California said: While I agree that temp agencies need to be regulated, is it the temp agency or the companies using their services at fault...or both? Companies use these temp agencies because it's cheaper to contract them than to spend money doing their own recruiting/hiring thus improving their own profitability - and in a capitalistic economy, profitability is a necessary component to sustainability with the side effect being job creation. It's not unlike outsourcing manufacturing jobs to other countries to cut costs...although we might not agree with them we have to think about the global affect this has. Similarly, how many jobs do these temp agencies create?

How does allowing the individual job hunter direct access to the potential employer, instead of and/or as well as, the third parties hurt or help any of the aforementioned factors?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Salespeople in Berkeley, California

58 months ago

Recruiters = Used Car Salemen

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

tammyjperry in Memphis, Tennessee

55 months ago

I have worked for Robert Half/Office Team. They are a great company and have placed me temporarily in Boston, which turned into full time and in Memphis TN when I relocated in another temp job that turned into full time. They were very accommodating and actually came to my temp positions checking on me. I love them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

anne01 in midwest

55 months ago

The problem I'm having with OfficeTeam right now is with regards to their references policy.

I gave my recruiter three references, but she could only verify one of them. My second reference was from another temp agency who wouldn't answer her questions, and for my third one she told me she'd have to jump through too many hoops to get a reference and asked me for another phone number which I didn't have. I only have an 800 number and an e-mail address for it, so I e-mailed someone from my third job and I am awaiting their reply.

I don't have any other references because most of the other places I've worked went out of business, so if I can't get a second one, I guess I'm just out of luck with this place.

JS12 in Santa Ana, California

54 months ago

anne01 in midwest said: The problem I'm having with OfficeTeam right now is with regards to their references policy.

I gave my recruiter three references, but she could only verify one of them. My second reference was from another temp agency who wouldn't answer her questions, and for my third one she told me she'd have to jump through too many hoops to get a reference and asked me for another phone number which I didn't have. I only have an 800 number and an e-mail address for it, so I e-mailed someone from my third job and I am awaiting their reply.

I don't have any other references because most of the other places I've worked went out of business, so if I can't get a second one, I guess I'm just out of luck with this place.

I went to Office Team because I was offered a job and told that Office Team was doing the payroll. This was for a short-term, dumbass, low-paying job.

At our fake interview, I told the slimebucket recruiter that I will not give her any references because you don't need references for this dumbass job. After I left, she dug up one from a previous visit I had with Robert Half and called the reference anyway. That made me really mad!

They are total asswipes, so the only thing you can do is play their stupid games. Need two more references? Get two disposable phone numbers, make up two names and two stories, and have the slimebucket call them.

Of course, even better is to work somewhere else, but if you insist, I suggest you do that.

The assignment is over and I'm still waiting for my paycheck. They lose timesheets, which is really sad since the only productive activity those slimeballs do is write paychecks!

The only reason I go to work is to collect a paycheck, so if my employer can't pay me the right amount, on time, then I won't work there. I will never work for Robert Half or any of their tentacles like Office Team again!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

pwinMO

49 months ago

Scam temp agencies in Denver, Colorado said: Office Team, Robert Half Intl. is using YOUR RESUMES to find new clients. They are posting fake job ads to lure unsuspecting job seekers to send their resume so they can see who YOU worked for and call them! They don't have the jobs they post -- maybe a few here and there, mainly low level. They are a SCAM COMPANY.

I had the same experience. Just getting off a assignment for another agency, I wasted a whole day interviewing, testing, and giving them my resume. Then, they demanded to speak directly to the other agency's client. Refusing to speak with anyone other than the client's employee,I suspected then they were trying to undercut that agency to get their foot in the door. They then got rude and said they wouldn't hire me. To anyone else out there, beware of them using you to do their legwork.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

vindevinlv in Las Vegas, Nevada

48 months ago

Someone Stop the Bogus Ads! Office Team in Littleton, Colorado said: Office Team posted 1700 NEW JOBS this weekend! I am certain they do not have 1,700 new jobs! They need to be stopped by the state atty. general for their constant spamming of job boards for FAKE JOB ADS!

Not only does OfficeTeam post fake jobs; they are also deceptive. The Las Vegas
office posts jobs that are higher paying then when you show up its a low level,
minimum wage crap job.
They also cheat you on hours. BEWARE Of this SCAM OUTFIT!!!!!!!!!!

Nick L in Medford, Massachusetts

48 months ago

Former RHT/AT in Grand Prairie, Texas said: The root of the problem is that you had to sign up with agencies to begin with and not with the principal. We have little to no access to the actual employer. This is endemic in today's job market. What was once a useful service has for the most part turned into a parasitic entity, as exemplified by these pages+, that is self serving and generally not interested in your advancement. There are over a 100 comments here alone and this is but one forum with such complaints.

Really?? RHI loves to talk about how they have this exclusive relationship with their client (whom they are 'not allowed to tell you the actual name of') and how they have hundreds of open positions. I registered with RHI in Boston MA and was accused of registering multiple times in multiple offices (even in one city which I never lived nor visited) under multiple SS#'s or being told by their office in Burlington MA that they could only place me in a $10 - $15 temp job because I don't have experience outside of financial services.

48 months ago

Ex in Dallas, Texas said: How does allowing the individual job hunter direct access to the potential employer, instead of and/or as well as, the third parties hurt or help any of the aforementioned factors?

You can do this very easily thru linked in. You can check on 'jobs' as well as apply directly to the hiring manager.

davidbush in Lake Mary, Florida

47 months ago

OfficeTeam has connected me with greaaaattttt jobs, expertly matching my skills to great assignments that have turned into long term employment at really good companies.

That's not to say that there aren't some scammers out there using OfficeTeam's name or that some people who applied with OfficeTeam did not get hired and were left with a bitter feeling.

All I can say is at the branch here in Fort Myers, FL they spent a lot of time with me getting to know my whole work history and all of my skills and career objectives and they got me jobs at excellent companies, in positions where I thrived and succeeded.

Fyi they also paid me more than other temp agencies had.

I highly recommend OfficeTeam! Don't listen to the trolls.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

virgil in Half Moon Bay, California

47 months ago

Ok - here's my experience.

I held two jobs - one full time and one in the evenings at a lower paying (but still paying) job.

When I lost the full time, I moved back with my family to cut costs. When my job search was going nowhere, I contacted Office team here in NorCal.

I am a techie with more 25 years' experience but my second job was that of a call center agent - gave reasonable pocket-money instead of sitting at home and watching re-runs of Friends and Seinfeld.

I opted to try employment in the area of my second employment - as a stop gap till my more paying first profession job materialized in this economy.

I spent 4 hours in an office team office, going through tests etc.

I am grey haired - hey 25+ years' experience means I must be at least 40 years old?

After that investment of 4 hours' time, I stayed silent. Did not respond to their emails - I received 2 messages to meet them again in person. After the 3rd message, I responded, met a recruiter - a techie and an Indian.

My resume ran for 5 pages - I had to accomodate my 25+ years' experience after all!

Then the recruiter who was an Indian like I am (and "Virgil" is a pseudonym), gave me the following pieces of advice:

1) He asked me to drop the first 10 years of my job details and start with my career only in 1995 even though I had started my first job as a techie in the early 1980's. He said, that the older experience was irrelevant.

2) He also said, "whether I liked it or not, discrimination existed and that older people definitely get discriminated against."

3) He also said, "being brown skinned also was a negative factor because if it is a choice between white and brown skinned, the white skinned boss preferred a white skinned to a brown skinned, EVEN IF IT MEANT LOWERING ONE'S EXPECTATIONS."

In summary, he said, discrimination existed and one needed to work the system.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

virgil in Half Moon Bay, California

47 months ago

virgil in Half Moon Bay, California said:
In summary, he said, discrimination existed and one needed to work the system.

I did find a job in senior management - I am the only Indian in senior management in my company and surprise surprise!

RHI wants to do business with me for the recruitments that my department needs to make.

Now I am in a quandary - do I do business with RHI against whom there is such vituperation here - or do I do business with them, hoping that I will find good candidates through them?

Wolverine in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

46 months ago

Cheated in Dallas, Texas said: Add being American born and bred black to that. Foreigners - no matter what their color - are first in line.

Being American Born and Bread??? So I am sorry, if we r American Born and Bread, but another person comes from somewhere else, but he/she is an American citizen??? What you said is highly Ignorant. And, for all of you that r waisting your time here, instead of looking for a job, "Foreigners" r not stealing jobs, they r taking the ones that ignorants like the one posting above r too picky to take....so stop being ignorant and picky, and go find a job. A job is a job, there is no shame in it, but foreigners have that modesty, they know work is no shame....so get off your high horse "ignorant" person above, cause as we r American citizens, so r the "Foreigners"

46 months ago

Guys, I found a job through OfficeTeam here in Pittsburgh. I am still working in that posistion they placed me in.

Are they dumb? Believe me, some of them r.

Are they a scam? They r not a scam.

Seriously, me and my girlfriend moved here from somewhere else, and officeteam found us both jobs within a week of being interviewed. My girlfriend as a coder, and me as Customer Support.

If they didn't have a job when you applied, that is another issue, or u were completely retarded, no offense to anyone.

As for them making money, DUH!!!! What do u think, they would work for free???

If you don't like your pay being cut, and the client paying $20, and u get $11, go try to find a job THROUGH the client DIRECTLY.....they will tell u to go through OfficeTeam.....yes, i understand, most of us get frustrated, i did too, believe me, but it is not a scam.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

TryingHardToFindWork in Arlington, Virginia

46 months ago

Wolverine in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: Being American Born and Bread??? So I am sorry, if we r American Born and Bread, but another person comes from somewhere else, but he/she is an American citizen??? What you said is highly Ignorant. And, for all of you that r waisting your time here, instead of looking for a job, "Foreigners" r not stealing jobs, they r taking the ones that ignorants like the one posting above r too picky to take....so stop being ignorant and picky, and go find a job. A job is a job, there is no shame in it, but foreigners have that modesty, they know work is no shame....so get off your high horse "ignorant" person above, cause as we r American citizens, so r the "Foreigners"

No, what you said is ignorant. There's a huge difference between "bred" (meaning to be brought up, the term the person you quoted used) and "bread" (food). Racism does exist, and for you to dismiss it with that poorly-typed diatribe is uncalled for.

46 months ago

Oh, my God, I misspelled a word....what is uncalled for, is you trying to pose yourself as superior to a foreigner, and thinking that you have more rights then they do.

A foreigner has as much right to work in this country as you and I. And if you want to get technical, and comment on the word that I miispelled, go ahead and do so, but that is called "avoiding the subject", subject in this case not being a misspelled word, but the ignorance of people.

Therefore, in this debate, as much as you might want to avoid the obvious, you are remaining the ignorant one, thinking that you have priority to a job, because you are an american born and BRED!!!!

If you would get off your high horse and not be arrogant, thinking you MUST have a job based on your qualifications as an "American Born and Bred", you might have had a job already!!!

Dzugash in Nome, Alaska

46 months ago

Ron in Secaucus, New Jersey said: Yup, you would think that would be the case on the surface---]

Hate to defend Wal-Mart but they have shown by doing that they will hire seniors. Grant you many of the jobs are bottom level, but these are the jobs that retail stores actually have - shelf stockers, salespeople, floor workers, etc. They tend to pay slightly above the going wage for the area. I have a friend who just quit after 5 years and he was 57 when he was hired. He was told his record is good with them and to come back if and/or when, he wanted more work. I have been called by them twice, knowing I was 60, but was working in technology for nearly twice the $13/hr they offered.

TryingHardToFindWork in Arlington, Virginia

46 months ago

Wolverine in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: Oh, my God, I misspelled a word....

You actually misspelled more than one word in that one post, but my main concern is that you attacked someone who felt discriminated because of his race. Granted, the comment he made about foreigners getting all the jobs was unnecessary, but I felt his feeling racial discrimination was a valid point.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dzugash in Nome, Alaska

46 months ago

Wolverine in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: Oh, my God, I misspelled a word
Not just mispelled a word - the whole diction is terrible.

what is uncalled for, is you trying to pose yourself as superior to a foreigner, and thinking that you have more rights then they do.
We are at home. If we go to any of your home countries we can't just walk in and get jobs ahead of natives and "rightfully" so! There are many "born and bred" Americans who are working to change this due to our treatment at home by many new Americans who are only here by our good graces. It is you who need to get off YOUR high horses and be more cognizant and respectful of what side your bread is buttered.

A foreigner has as much right to work in this country as you
and I.
This is part of the problem.

Therefore, in this debate, as much as you might want to avoid the obvious, you are remaining the ignorant one, thinking that you have priority to a job, because you are an american born and BRED!!!!
We are working on that!

If you would get off your high horse and not be arrogant, thinking you MUST have a job based on your qualifications as an "American Born and Bred", you might have had a job already!!!

I have a job and you need to take that baloney back to wherever you got it. This whole thread is about Americans who are tired of being treated like second class citizens in our own country. This country was built on the premises of taking in the world's unwanted. Times have simply changed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dzugash in Nome, Alaska

46 months ago

Being American Born and Bread??? So I am sorry, if we r American Born and Bread, but another person comes from somewhere else, but he/she is an American citizen??? What you said is highly Ignorant. And, for all of you that r waisting your time here, instead of looking for a job, "Foreigners" r not stealing jobs, they r taking the ones that ignorants like the one posting above r too picky to take....so stop being ignorant and picky, and go find a job. A job is a job, there is no shame in it, but foreigners have that modesty, they know work is no shame....so get off your high horse "ignorant" person above, cause as we r American citizens, so r the "Foreigners"

We are in a country short of jobs. No matter how picky we are, we are at home. Your calling us ignorant is another reason there needs to be some change.
We are a country built on the premise that we take in everybody's unwanted. These days are over. The system won't work any longer like this! Look at it.

46 months ago

Dzugash in Nome, Alaska said: I have a job and you need to take that baloney back to wherever you got it. This whole thread is about Americans who are tired of being treated like second class citizens in our own country. This country was built on the premises of taking in the world's unwanted. Times have simply changed.

This whole thread is about people finding an excuse to blame their incompetencies to someone else, if you want to take it to another level.

I have been working in Greece the past 4 years, and came back to the states this year.

I found a job within 1 week of being here, and it was a laboring job.

I was used to being a teacher, and sitting my happy ass down all day, so I kind of wanted to refuse, but I saw that I had bills to pay.

Like I said before, this thread is not about Americans feeling like second class citizens, because if we are offered a job that we think we are too superior to do, we will not take it, and then start a thread about how the "Foreigners" took our jobs!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Dzugash in Nome, Alaska

46 months ago

a recruiter and damn proud of it in Florida said: Once again...you are wrong you can call me a liar all you want....I'm not debating this with you as it has proven to be useless and a waste of my valuable time. Think whatever you wish. Some people are just so arrogant they can't see a possibility other than what they want to see.....yes Ron you are that person....congrats! Good Luck!

What about being able to apply directly to that employer without the middle man? What ever happened to direct hire? Look at all the complaints and horror stories from folks in these forums - there are many times more such complaints not listed here - there are many forums with complaints numbering in the thousands. There are problems with having third parties between you and the actual wage. It is in an employee's and potential employees's (job hunter's) vested interests to eliminate the middle man, especially once that middle man becomes parasitic.

46 months ago

{{{What about being able to apply directly to that employer without the middle man? What ever happened to direct hire? Look at all the complaints and horror stories from folks in these forums - there are many times more such complaints not listed here - there are many forums with complaints numbering in the thousands. There are problems with having third parties between you and the actual wage. It is in an employee's and potential employees's (job hunter's) vested interests to eliminate the middle man, especially once that middle man becomes parasitic.}}}

Recruiters control 90% of the job postings. You p**ss off a recruiter (or they blacklist you), you won't be presented or they will bad mouth you to the hiring manager. Unfortunately, RHI controls most of the accounting positions in the NYC area as well

46 months ago

We are in a country short of jobs. No matter how picky we are, we are at home. Your calling us ignorant is another reason there needs to be some change.
We are a country built on the premise that we take in everybody's unwanted. These days are over. The system won't work any longer like this! Look at it.

You are wrong again, because wherever you go, and I have been in many places, because I teach English as a Second Language, it is your merit that gives you the job, not the citizenship.

It is the will for work that gives you the job.

YOU EARN A POSITION BY YOUR QUALIFICATION, IT IS NOT A "RIGHT", IT IS A PRIVILEGE!!!!!

Just because we are at home, doesn't mean we will get a job based on that qualification!!!!!

So grow up.....everybody has a right as an American Citizen, born her eor not....once they get Naturalised as an American Citizen, they have as much right to be called an American as you and I.

Oh, by the way, good luck at changing that.....it's called Human Rights......so, however you see this, you are still remaining the highly Ignorant one!!!!!

Best Regards!!!!

Dzugash in Nome, Alaska

46 months ago

It has little to do with taking unwanted jobs from born and bred Americans, but how one is treated in one's own country by many new Americans.
I have been seeing more and more Americans who are feeling the same way about actual treatment by those very new Americans. I've watched, witnessed, seen many instances, and experienced, born and bred Americans being disrespected by new Americans. If it were just me, there would be reason to question, but I'm not alone here. There is a mass.
Instead of all the name calling and BS, how about a more positive, mutually respectful approach that has a chance of producing a win-win? How about opening the floor to something better?

Dzugash in Nome, Alaska

46 months ago

Wolverine in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: We are in a country short of jobs. No matter how picky we are, we are at home. Your calling us ignorant is another reason there needs to be some change.

You are wrong again, because wherever you go, and I have been in many places, because I teach English as a Second Language, it is your merit that gives you the job, not the citizenship.

It is the will for work that gives you the job.

YOU EARN A POSITION BY YOUR QUALIFICATION, IT IS NOT A "RIGHT", IT IS A PRIVILEGE!!!!!

Just because we are at home, doesn't mean we will get a job based on that qualification!!!!!

So grow up.....everybody has a right as an American Citizen, born her eor not....once they get Naturalised as an American Citizen, they have as much right to be called an American as you and I.

Oh, by the way, good luck at changing that.....it's called Human Rights......so, however you see this, you are still remaining the highly Ignorant one!!!!!

Best Regards!!!!

Ha. Ha. I'm not the only one who will disagree with that.
Best regards to you too.

Dzugash in Nome, Alaska

46 months ago

That fact that recruiters control so much of the job market is proving itself to be destructive.
Regulate the Temps!!!

46 months ago

Dzugash in Nome, Alaska said: It has little to do with taking unwanted jobs from born and bred Americans, but how one is treated in one's own country by many new Americans.
I have been seeing more and more Americans who are feeling the same way about actual treatment by those very new Americans. I've watched, witnessed, seen many instances, and experienced, born and bred Americans being disrespected by new Americans. If it were just me, there would be reason to question, but I'm not alone here. There is a mass.
Instead of all the name calling and BS, how about a more positive, mutually respectful approach that has a chance of producing a win-win? How about opening the floor to something better?

Now that, I agree with....but there is no reason to blame anyone that comes into this country....or someone that got a citizenship by immigrating to the states.

That is uncalled for....everyone has a right to work....the problem is with the recruiters and the companies....take it with them, not the people....the poor people are trying to make ends meet.

Dzugash in Nome, Alaska

46 months ago

"Like I said before, this thread is not about Americans feeling like second class citizens, because if we are offered a job that we think we are too superior to do, we will not take it, and then start a thread about how the "Foreigners" took our jobs!!!!!!"

Actually you do have a strong point here with thinking we are too superior to take certain jobs. And very correct in that foreigners and new Americans have filled those holes with great workers. It says a lot for you personally that you have that work ethic. I was raised a country boy with a grandfather who taught us the same. It has not been pretty to see the younger born and bred Americans throw away so many jobs with that attitude.
Some time ago I worked as a landscaper, a laborious but very enjoyable job, outdoors in Colorado. The core crew enjoyed what we were doing but the company had more work than hands. Finding someone who was willing to work period was first, then once anyone was found, getting someone who actually was willing to do the work was next. We had one fella who wore the saggy pants and kept one hand free to hold up his pants. He for some reason did not seem to know about belts. We found him a piece of rope and made a belt out of that. He disappeared by two pm without asking for pay.
Yes, if we pursued the jobs with ganas there might not be as much complaining.
There are many, especially younger people, who will not take jobs like this - maybe you and I are not made like that but . . l.. This also hurts but does not provide an excuse for accepting arrogance and condescension from new Americans.

Dzugash in Nome, Alaska

46 months ago

Personally, I have been tapping this influx of new Americans for business since they work. I am a computer technician at both Mac and Windows with a generation and a half of experience. I see the obvious effects of age discrimination but that is being moved aside by sheer numbers. Baby Boomers now rule!
Wolverine I do appreciate this dialogue.
How about this? Entrepreneurship is actually the lick. Just as I am selling my services to new Americans, I see other opportunities while doing that - one of them has caused me to widen my horizons into the POS world and security systems.
Business is a major key.
Lastly I'd like to relate a horror story: My high school deleted a course called General Business my freshman year. It has never returned. That same school did not offer Economics. These need to be in every high school! Needed are more intense Geography, history, and especially ethnology. I majored in Anthropology and Geography with a minor is Spanish in college. Couldn't have done myself more good. Then came computers - self taught and 25 years in the industry. And yes there are jobs I will not take and companies I will not work for like the Robert Half group. Know that for every douche bag company out there, there is at least a matching good one.

Machiavelle in Minneapolis, Minnesota

38 months ago

Here is my Office Team horror story. I signed on with them about three months ago, giving them a fully detailed application, resume, reference list, and even a business card which I designed myself at home. I currently hold both an A.A. degree and a B.A. degree. I have more than twenty years experience in offices, school districts, and human services. The best they could get for me was a $9 an hour job at a mortgage vault. But, times being what they are, and my plan to go to grad school, I accepted the six month contract with a lovely young woman whom I shall call Nancy. Approximately a month after I was placed, I got an email from "Nancy" stating that she was leaving Office Team. When I opened the email it explained that she was actually taking another position at Robert Half. She was replaced by a young woman who I will call Mary. Mary seems to have been confused about what her job as a recruiter entailed b/c the first email I got from her was an introductory email in which she asked US, THE EMPLOYEES what the contact phone number was at this particular mortgage vault. We were never given the phone number of the contact person, as all correspondence and communication is to go through Office Team. Not long after, I contracted an Upper Respiratory Virus (read: strep throat) at the mortgage vault and called in sick two days in a row. I was given a warning phone call by "Mary" that my position was on the line. It was implied that I would be terminated if I missed anymore time. The weekend went by; and I got worse. Still, I forced myself to go to work that following Monday (at which point I was still contagious) and my symptoms increased throughout the day. Not only did I therefore further expose my former co-workers to the virus, but by Tuesday morning, I was in so much pain that I woke up crying and called in sick again. There are several pregnant women at this job site and I did not want to expose them to the virus. Four hours later, I received a follow-up call from

Machiavelle in Minneapolis, Minnesota

38 months ago

from Mary letting me know that due to missing too much time at the vault, my position was "ending". At the time I was napping, so when she called again at 5 p.m. I asked her for a WRITTEN attendance policy. She told me they don't have one locally, but maybe they have one at the national HQ. I was floored. I immediately contacted the EEOC and an attorney friend of mine to see what legal recourse we might have. On Wednesday, still in extreme pain--my throat severely inflamed--I took the bus to the E.R. where I was diagnosed with UPV/Strep. I now have doctor authentication that I was indeed a) ill and b) contagious during the time I was still in employment at the vault. Long story short, I am looking into perhaps filing a lawsuit against Office Team for their negligence in handling my illness, my employment, and loss of wages until the end of what would have been the end of the term come August. I was a good worker, and even went above and beyond the call of duty by interpreting short stints (my career in a previous life) for a deaf co-worker. Watch your backs, Office Team.

Curiosity in Loveland, Colorado

33 months ago

So, I recently signed up with office team. They put me in a two week position to fill in for a Admin Assistant. During the time I found a job on my own. I helped train a girl to fill the position permanently, who was useless on my last couple of days and left not looking back. I had a week between that job ending and my new job beginning. On the Monday I received a call from the firm I had been temping at offering me a permanent position with pay and benefits I could not turn down. What is the procedure with office team? Are they going to get fees for me even though they didn't do much? They didn't even tell me the position was open to take permanently. I found out from my supervisor at the job...Whats the procedure here?

Annoymous in Woodland Hills, California

32 months ago

I am currently employed at an assignment through Office Team. I can say for a fact, that I make $12 per hour on my assignment. The company I am working for has let me see the invoices from Office Team, where they are getting paid $19.08 for every hour I work. That's an entire $7.08 per hour more than I am getting paid. I have tried contacting Office Team to ask for a raise because of my hard work and they tell me they have to consult with the company I am temping for. I asked about being hired permanent and they told me I would have a meeting with the supervising manager at the company... three weeks had passed by without a peep from my current assignment. I asked my boss if she knew about this meeting Office Team told me about and she looked me dead in the eyes and said she had absolutely no idea what I was talking about. I confronted my "manager" at Office Team... who then said she decided to reschedule the interview and that she would e-mail on Friday and let me know what was said... only to never get that e-mail either. I want to say they are a great company because they have placed me... but I can also say that the job I am at is not looking to hire anyone permanent, but when I was offered the job, they told me that it a long term temp-to-hire position. They lied to me. They also told me that I probably wouldn't be able to get a raise because there wasn't enough wiggle room in my salary.... really... at $19.08 per hour.. they couldn't even give up an extra $1?... My advice is to avoid Office Team all together. I can never get a hold of my rep and I am constantly lied to. Its not a pleasant thing, and it is beyond stress inducing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

StaffingExpert in Pleasanton, California

30 months ago

Annoymous in Woodland Hills, California said: I am currently employed at an assignment through Office Team. I can say for a fact, that I make $12 per hour on my assignment. The company I am working for has let me see the invoices from Office Team, where they are getting paid $19.08 for every hour I work. That's an entire $7.08 per hour more than I am getting paid. I have tried contacting Office Team to ask for a raise because of my hard work and they tell me they have to consult with the company I am temping for. I asked about being hired permanent and they told me I would have a meeting with the supervising manager at the company... three weeks had passed by without a peep from my current assignment. I asked my boss if she knew about this meeting Office Team told me about and she looked me dead in the eyes and said she had absolutely no idea what I was talking about. I confronted my "manager" at Office Team... who then said she decided to reschedule the interview and that she would e-mail on Friday and let me know what was said... only to never get that e-mail either. I want to say they are a great company because they have placed me... but I can also say that the job I am at is not looking to hire anyone permanent, but when I was offered the job, they told me that it a long term temp-to-hire position. They lied to me. They also told me that I probably wouldn't be able to get a raise because there wasn't enough wiggle room in my salary.... really... at $19.08 per hour.. they couldn't even give up an extra $1?... My advice is to avoid Office Team all together. I can never get a hold of my rep and I am constantly lied to. Its not a pleasant thing, and it is beyond stress inducing.

$7.08 that goes towards payroll taxes that the client isn't paying, unemployment and wormkmen's comp, and overhead. The true "profit" after all that is probably closer to $2.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Suckered in Bear, Delaware

23 months ago

I too have just had a bad experience with Office Team. I was laid off from my previous job in April, a job I was at for nearly 15 years. I was making just under $38,000 a year there, so that averages to about $18.00 an hour. I have a ton of experience in customer service and banking operations, plus my data entry skills are quite impressive. With all my experience, all these people here can offer me is a $7.50 an hour job doing customer service for 25 hours a week, no guarantee of full time work, and the only way this company will give you more hours is to perform better than your peers. I totally disagree with that, it should be the same hours for everyone. When looking for the average salary of a full time employee with the company Office Team sent me to, it was more than I was making at my previous job after 15 years. With all the experience I have, plus some of the others I was in training with at this "exciting opportunity", $7.50 an hour is an insult. I would make more at McDonalds.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sure in Charlotte in Charlotte, North Carolina

23 months ago

Office Team just called me out of the clear blue on a Friday afternoon and wanted to know if I could send them 3 or business 4 references. I have not applied for a position with Office Team or filled out an application. The woman said she found my resume on a job board. I told her yes she could call the prior employer's for the past two years, all temporary companies. She said "no". She has to have the name of the client, supervisor and telephone number of the company I was assigned to work with while at the other temporary agencies. According to her the actual company I worked for ( the temporary agency) could not give me a reference. The temporary company signed the pay check not the client. She just wasted my time fishing for new business contacts. This company does not have any jobs like most temp companies around Charlotte, NC
Hint: The fakers fishing for new business usally call on Friday.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Chilis Chick in Kenosha, Wisconsin

18 months ago

fedup said: All of you that have jobs should be so grateful, if you hate your job so much, I'll take it. I have been looking for a month, interview after the next with no luck. I don't want to loose it all.

This new retarded wait a week or more, approach to hiring is mind blowing. What happened to: you get a call, go to your interview and you either got the job or you not it!

I've been looking for a job for well over two years now! A month is NOTHING!!!

disne lopez in Monsey, New York

17 months ago

I would advise anyone to stay away from Office Team. After my assignment ended, one of the recruiters sent me an email saying "good luck on your job search", I then emailed back stating, "if you are my recruiter, arent you supposed to help me find another job?" As usual, I got no response. I went to the Office Team building and told them to shred all my documents and information they had on me.
They are money hungry and have no qualms with putting people at jeopardy with their finances because of their lies. I was already working and told them I dont not want a temp position and this where they promised me that this was a temp to perm position. I would get hired after 3 months of working for the company. Midway into my assignment, I realized they were full of it and started looking for another job immediately. Thank god I found one, and immediately left my assignment early.

Please stay away from them.

Scam Company in Midvale, Utah

10 months ago

They are a SCAM COMPANY. They are posting FAKE JOB ads. They posted many times Japanese Customer Service job ads in UT, different locations. I know that there is not so many Japanese customer jobs in UT. They called me just one time, because they want to get my information, then after noting.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.