How to get a job at Office Team.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (21)

Host

Do you work at Office Team? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Torrey in Denver, Colorado

87 months ago

Advice for someone trying to get in? RUN IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION! DO NOT WORK FOR THIS DECEPTIVE COMPANY.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

BA in Denver, Colorado

87 months ago

I worked a terrible one day assignment in Englewood, Colorado thru Office Team in which they practically BEGGED ME TO GO ON! I was told it was "clerical" and it turned out to be literally STUFFING ENVELOPES. That wasn't really the issue as much as what happened!

I stuffed thousands of envelopes, neatly put them in boxes, and my fingers were hurting! I took a short break and saw a magazine rack behind me and I put one of the magazines in front of me to look at the cover while stuffing envelopes and the girl who had called the agency to get someone told my supervisor I was READING MAGAZINES on the job! I was furious to say the least!

I said, "How could I have been reading magazines and I stuffed 1,000's of envelopes? Wouldn't that be impossible to do both at the same time?" She said, "We can only go by what the client says." So I decided right then and there that I would NOT continue to work for these idiots. I also contacted the HR dept. at the CLIENT company to tell them their employee made a huge and very incorrect assumption causing me to look bad in front of my "supervisor." The HR dept. at the client company didn't reply but the snotty brat at Office Team e-mailed me and ordered me not to contact "their clients" again as it is "upsetting them." I promptly told her that I "do not take directions from her as I do not work for her anymore and "I can contact whomever I choose." I wanted to tell her to "stuff it" like the envelopes but stopped short of that. SO, moral of the story is: If you WANT to tick them off and you don't want to work for the agency anymore, contact their client directly and tell them what an awful agency they are! Maybe it will hit them in their pocketbook, as it should.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Margaret Fong in San Francisco, California

87 months ago

My assingment was for mailings for a mortgage company and I was told by the client that I was an idiot and that I don't know how to do mailings. What kind of idiot don't know how to mail stuff? never again.They are rude.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Call their clients! in Denver, Colorado

87 months ago

How brilliant - truly! If you know you don't want to or are going to work for them again, CALL THEIR CLIENTS if you have a gripe with them! It's not against the law!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Office Team are LIARS in Denver, Colorado

87 months ago

They are all liars and con artists. They collect resumes by posting FAKE ADS and then use YOUR RESUME to call your past employers to get new clients! They are sleazy lying and deceptive. STAY AWAY!

Libby in Denver, Colorado

87 months ago

What a great idea! Call their clients and tell them how deceptive they are! Thanks! :)

Go direct to find a job! in Denver, Colorado

87 months ago

Don't WASTE your time. Apply for jobs DIRECT. Why put a middleman between you and a job???? Cut out the middleman!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Charlene in Denver, Colorado

86 months ago

Thanks for posting! I am really learning about how these agencies work! Thanks! This is GREAT STUFF!!!

Cherrisse in Denver, Colorado

85 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Office Team? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

OK -- I have a constructive suggestion! For every 15 minutes anyone spends complaining on this board, you will spend 1 hr. looking for a job!

I think we all know that Office Team and their ilk are no good! :)

Babette in Denver, Colorado

85 months ago

Sounds good, but DON'T use the agencies! Look on company websites!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Beatrice in Littleton, Colorado

85 months ago

The summer is a great time to get a job. People get summer fever and quit! But apply directly!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Myla in Fremont, California

84 months ago

Margaret Fong in San Francisco, California said: My assingment was for mailings for a mortgage company and I was told by the client that I was an idiot and that I don't know how to do mailings. What kind of idiot don't know how to mail stuff? never again.They are rude.

Its always helpful to use proper grammar. If you knew how to spell, maybe you would do better. I landed a job with thru an agency? I walked in wearing a great suit, polished shoes, a good resume and best of all, a great attitude.

Have you gone in to the agencies that way? Ask yourself: are you really marketable? Or, can a 16 year old do your job? Be honest with yourself.

Remember, god helps those who help themselves!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

David in Fort Worth, Texas

83 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Office Team? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Don't bother. I tried to call over a months time and could not get anyone to contact me. They keep saying they are in meetings or on the other line. I think they don't care about the people looking for a job. They just want to keep theirs.
Best advise. Don't use them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

Myla in Fremont, California said: Its always helpful to use proper grammar. If you knew how to spell, maybe you would do better. I landed a job with thru an agency? I walked in wearing a great suit, polished shoes, a good resume and best of all, a great attitude.

Have you gone in to the agencies that way? Ask yourself: are you really marketable? Or, can a 16 year old do your job? Be honest with yourself.

Remember, god helps those who help themselves!

Who cares about the agencys. I do know proper grammer. It is that they want experience not a job hopper. Someone gave me terrible advice that a temp agency would help me find work. I am not that marketable. Anyone can perform collating materials. So, I managed to find work on my own. They don't help you whatsoever!!! My sister was also unemployed and she managed to find work on her own. They only give temp work not permanent work.So, screw all the temp agencys.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

L33t in California

80 months ago

wow interesting. I was looking for Nvidia (finishing college soon) and I saw this forum. I did stuff for Office Team about two years ago. The pay was absolute garbage, but they never ran out of jobs for me, so I don't know about everyone's experiences on this board.

I was doing data entry and yeah, most of the jobs were actually boring stuff like filing papers/other clerical duties. One particular company had me assembling boxes for $9/hr. But I had a few decent jobs in there too. Your experience really depends on the client. If they're awful to you, yeah, you're going to have a bad time.

I'm seriously astounded that people don't get any offers from them, when it was the exact opposite for me. Not saying it's a great company to work for, but I just wanted everyone to know my experiences.

80 months ago

L33t in California said: wow interesting. I was looking for Nvidia (finishing college soon) and I saw this forum. I did stuff for Office Team about two years ago. The pay was absolute garbage, but they never ran out of jobs for me, so I don't know about everyone's experiences on this board.

I was doing data entry and yeah, most of the jobs were actually boring stuff like filing papers/other clerical duties. One particular company had me assembling boxes for $9/hr. But I had a few decent jobs in there too. Your experience really depends on the client. If they're awful to you, yeah, you're going to have a bad time.

I'm seriously astounded that people don't get any offers from them, when it was the exact opposite for me. Not saying it's a great company to work for, but I just wanted everyone to know my experiences.

Maybe that you are not ethnic. I am asian and so is my sister. I think that they are racists. My sister graduated from a community college and they ran out of work for her. she does have the experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

STAFFIN EM in Mount Prospect, Illinois

78 months ago

Margaret Fong in San Francisco, California said: My assingment was for mailings for a mortgage company and I was told by the client that I was an idiot and that I don't know how to do mailings. What kind of idiot don't know how to mail stuff? never again.They are rude.

If you were treated unfairly by the client that they placed you with, how can that be Robert Halfs fault. This company has a very impressive record in growth, stability and ethics. Hope you have better luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Lupe Gonzalez in Plano, Texas

65 months ago

BA in Denver, Colorado said:

I stuffed thousands of envelopes, neatly put them in boxes, and my fingers were hurting! I took a short break and saw a magazine rack behind me and I put one of the magazines in front of me to look at the cover while stuffing envelopes and the girl who had called the agency to get someone told my supervisor I was READING MAGAZINES on the job! I was furious to say the least!

There are always people like this, in every office, who enjoy snitching and tattling on temporary employees. In fact, even if you are perfect and don't do anything wrong, they will make something up about you, a lie. This is why I quit temping. I couldn't believe the lies that the clients were telling the agency about me. I now believe they do this hoping the temp agency will give them a discount on services.

Lupe Gonzalez in Plano, Texas

65 months ago

I also agree that you are free to contact the client company on your own, if you want, and talk to whoever you want to there. Its not "against the law" to contact them, and the temp agency can't do anything about it if you don't work for them anymore. Clients hate being confronted about their lies, of course, it makes them very uncomfortable.

sean dublin in Spring Hill, Florida

64 months ago

Lupe Gonzalez in Plano, Texas said: There are always people like this, in every office, who enjoy snitching and tattling on temporary employees. In fact, even if you are perfect and don't do anything wrong, they will make something up about you, a lie. This is why I quit temping. I couldn't believe the lies that the clients were telling the agency about me. I now believe they do this hoping the temp agency will give them a discount on services.

Lupe you hit the nail on the head. I had one assignment that started at 8am, and I being a Type A person usually got there at 7:45am.

One morning I was running late, but still got in the door at 8:05am, I find out this woman called the temp agency and reported me as no show. She wasn't my boss, just a coworker.

Couldn't believe it, I called the agency and said I am here, I guess because I was getting there too early arriving a few minutes late makes me a no show?

I also think some people get threatend by temps and think you are going to take their job if you show them up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.