OfficeMax-Secure business, good people

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Amanda in Odebolt, Iowa

97 months ago

I know 2 people that work there. Even though it's advertising, they say they aren't hiring. There's low turn-over rates, good working environment, observes holidays... just overall good business. The OfficeMax in Fort Dodge, IA has been here several years with no threat of closing. I see it as financially secure (correct me if I'm wrong). Just the opinion of a customer and a friend of 2 employees.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Momof2gr8kids in Bristol, Virginia

74 months ago

I work for the Contract side of OfficeMax and I have been with the company for almost 8 years. I started out with Boise and that was one of the best companies I have ever worked for. I Really can not complain about what I do. As I said I work the contract side. We have had a few people let go in the past few months. I know I would not want to work on the retail side of this company. We have very low turn over rates and the people who do leave always want back in. We have a good working environment, Holiday pays and Vactions. Also benefits. The think that really sucks for us now is the company use to match 50% of our 401k and they have stopped that and we found out a few weeks ago we will not get our yearly pay increase. With the way the economy is I am very thankful to have this job. Even before the economy gotten so bad, but I still liked my job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

JHAWK in CHICAGO, Illinois

74 months ago

I worked on the retail side and I have to say Officemax is the most negative company I ever worked for. The best thing that happened to me was getting laid off. I wound up with a better job and salary.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

carefulwhatyousay in Orange, California

51 months ago

As with most companies, it all depends on district and store management. We have those who claim that this is the worst company to work for. There are those who say it is a great company. As long as you do your job and don't cause waves you are ok. And by the way, your managers monitor these boards. Be careful. Nowadays at least this is a job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.