Bad Experiences

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 103)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Linda in Cedar Rapids, Iowa

105 months ago

I have had really bad experiences working with office team. There staff is horrible to work with. But as temp agencies goes they are all the same. Worthless!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (91) / No (27) Reply - Report abuse

Melissa in Pleasanton, California

105 months ago

I worked for Officeteam for 3 years and had the greatest expereince. I have acutally never had problems working for any temp agency and while in college that is how I paid my way thru school. I'll give you tips on making the agency work for you and I promise you'll keep working. First, DO NOT treat you interview with the temp agency as just filling out an app and taking tests...dress the part as if you are about to interview for a $75K a year job....Grooming and grammar are key. Next be flexible and accessible. Even though you may want to have a temp to hire position, they are not always available. Take those 1 week or 1 day assignments. If you put your best foot forward they can turn into longer assignments. I've been on assignments that were supposed to last a day that would turn into a 2 week gig and a 1 week gig that turned into 5 months. The key is to make sure that you leave a GREAT lasting impression on the client. You want them to give you a good review. When you are not on assignments make sure that you call but just once a week. The best times are Thursday afternoons because that is when a lot of assignments come in and you want to have your name fresh on their mind...but don't call everyday because then you become the call that they want to avoid and that is not good as well. Officeteam offers Skillsoft. Take it. Its is developed with Microsoft and is a great tool to better your skills. After you take a course call you office and tell them you would like to retake a test that you maybe didn't do so well....that way when you score higher they see that you are really putting forth the effort to better yourself. I could go on and on but these are just really good things to help you with you temp agency blues.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (159) / No (43) Reply - Report abuse

anon in Plainfield, Illinois

104 months ago

Dawn said: you spelled their wrong (rolls eyes) some people! I also think you missed the point!

These agencies are a plague, now they are flooding the discussion boards with THEIR insults and negative comments towards people looking for employment. This IS my point. Do the leg work and forget using staffing agencies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (57) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

Rod in Houston, Texas

104 months ago

Melissa, you need to put a cork in your mouth (removed), that's just how disgusting you sound. You call your consecutives job assignments as the key to getting better jobs or whatever.... I've did several assignments for these agencies and I can honestly say, it does not better your chance to get a FULL TIME, PERMANENT JOB.

Why do you think they are called a Temp agency ? If you took their skillsoft test or whatever, and did well... you actually giving them more confidence to to keep using you to fill short-terms jobs. If a full time, better pay job was in need, you can bet they won't call you to fill it, NOO WAYY... you're their bread and butter gal they gonna milk as much as possible. You're like a product to them. If the employer or company that you doing work for, want to hire you on full time, the employer have to buy out your contract with the agency. Since that's too expensive they just keep hiring for short term to fill temporary needs and you sitting encouraging everything to take the test and do well etc.

Please do us a favor and SHUT UP, okay. I wouldn't be surprise if you actually an agent for these agencies and encouraging up to stay with the them.

Good grace! You should be seriously slapped.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (68) / No (79) Reply - Report abuse

lisa in Chattanooga, Tennessee

104 months ago

This is my THIRD post! The other two no longer appear here. They are up for a day and it seems as if somehow they are deleted. Real nice. If you're running a shoddy business people have a right to know. Don't erase reviews on a review forum.!!!! Let's see how long this post lasts before it is erased.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

104 months ago

Accountemps along with 5 other lines of business. I am an office manager for one of their branches. I could go into how I came into my position and really be as cruel and disrespectful as those of you who leave messages on this forum but that's not my style. I was simply trying to help people. I created a way that kept me working until I came into the company permanently and I wanted to share that because I had once been in your shoes. I thought that by combining my experience along with giving you an inside track on what goes on in the office and giving advice from the staffing managers that I work with on a daily basis would be a benefit but apparently it was not appreciated. Good Luck in your job search.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (48) / No (27) Reply - Report abuse

104 months ago

You know what's amazing to me...I was trying to help people by giving them the things that I used as a temp. For the record I do have a full time permanent position with one of the Robert Half Int'l branches. Robert Half is the parent company for Officeteam and Accountemps along with 5 other lines of business. I am an office manager for one of their branches. I could go into how I came into my position and really be as cruel and disrespectful as those of you who leave messages on this forum but that's not my style. I was simply trying to help people. I created a way that kept me working until I came into the company permanently and I wanted to share that because I had once been in your shoes. I thought that by combining my experience along with giving you an inside track on what goes on in the office and giving advice from the staffing managers that I work with on a daily basis would be a benefit but apparently it was not appreciated. Good Luck in your job search.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (38) / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Richardson, Texas

104 months ago

Not a pleasant experience. They tell you one thing and do another. I had an opportunity and had the job. But then they changed their mind **after** they told me- said that the client changed their mind. Too bad I had already left my other job- nightmare in a warehouse for the professional opportunity I thought I had.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No Reply - Report abuse

anon in Plainfield, Illinois

104 months ago

Trevor - DC metro said:
You spelled "their" wrong.

These agencies are a plague, now they are flooding the discussion boards with THEIR insults and negative comments towards people looking for employment. This IS my point. Do the leg work and forget using staffing agencies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Richardson, Texas

104 months ago

YES. I AGREE. If you want to get something done right, the best approach is to do it yourself!!! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Someone out there in Indianapolis, Indiana

104 months ago

Hmmmmmm......I'm thinking that OFFICE TEAM plays too much on the computer with FAKE ADS! If I see a job posting and it has comments, I'M GOING TO LOOK! I WISH that I had looked BEFORE I went to apply for a job that wasn't there. By the way for any of you that respond with some goofy comment like "stop playing on the computer and look for a job", please remember that you too probably have done it that way a time or two and I DID get wise and found a job no thanks to the promises of Office Team and oh by the way, it was an online ad.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Leigh in Richardson, Texas

104 months ago

Makes me wonder if these people at the temps aren't "on to us" on this forum?!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Brian

102 months ago

I recently registered with an Officeteam office here in Indiana. They are rude, their receptionist NEVER lets me talk to a staffing agent. Always have to leave voice mails, which go unanswered. They are not professional at all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (39) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

BLB in Pleasanton, California

102 months ago

Seriously people...there's a reason you're not getting jobs. Don't you think officeTeam wants to mkae money? If they could place you at a job and make money off of you they would. Usually you people come in with a chip on your shoulder, poor office skills, and a less then desirable appearence. If you're seriouse about getting a job try and figure out what you are doing wrong and work on it. And just a reminder...OfficeTeam doesn't charge you anything therefore doesn't owe you anything. They are simply a tool to use while you are looking for a permanent position. Don't depend on them to be your ownly empolyment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (30) Reply - Report abuse

No trust in Fresno, California

101 months ago

I find that all temp agencies are worthless.
Go through all of their testing and never get a job.
Your much better off on your own.
Now the web sites are flooded with their job opening ads.
I have found the same job on my own for more money, starting pay, then they listed.
If you go to Jobs.com or CareerBuilder all you see are temp agency listings.
I only go to the EDD or to the ads that are not listed by a agency.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Shelly from Florida in Glenwood, Florida

101 months ago

Hey Everybody!

Yes, I too have had some bad experiences with Office Team. The best way to stop the bad experience is to go to the TOP...Corporate! Office Team does post old ads and fake ads on the internet. I have stopped using them as my TIME is IMPORTANT to me also. I have had other agencies work with me that DON'T place phony ads on the internet. At one time I cancelled an appointment to go on an interview, Office Team Staff Member got mad at me for canceling my interview with her. I gave her 8 hours notice too! Sorry, I had an actual interview that I got on my own. Network on your own, you can get some interviews on your own, but don't burn your bridges with any agency. Be diligent, don't waste time,"If you want to the job done right, do it yourself" Only use 3 or 4 agencies. Also, I have an HR Background, I have told Office Team that I had one, and they still didn't do the job I expected them to do. Just write a letter to their Corporate Office and Report the Branch you had the bad experience with! Believe me.They will change their tune!! Good Luck to all of you finding a Job! Just always be professional!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Let's hear the TRUTH please! in Denver, Colorado

101 months ago

What I REALLY want to hear is how many people are actually placed who come in for interviews?

And what percentage of their ads are actually BOGUS? I would guess 95% are BOGUS.

Anyone willing to admit some dirty truths here?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

i work hard in Chicago, Illinois

101 months ago

I worked with office team in the past. these people are the worst, up there with manpower. you have no say in anything, and they expect you to bow to your employer. what are these people thinking. i have worked for other agencies, none are as despicable as manpower and officeteam! if u are thinking of working for these people don't!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Previous Temp Recruiter in Bothell, Washington

100 months ago

Anonymous in Plainfield, Illinois said: You spelled experience wrong. Isn't incorrect spelling the reason you taunted another person posting thier opinion as being the reason no one ever hired them?

My experience at as a recruiter at a temp agency was a nightmare job. I was astounded how immature, mean, and prejudice my colleagues were and walked out on a good paying job. The head games they played were amazing. Another note...they require each recruiter to recruit a certain # of new contacts weekly. Now that I know how greedy agencies are and NOT giving a damn about applicants once they get them on their lists, I will never use one again. Personally, would love to see them all go out of business. The so called "recruiters" would not last in a real HR setting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

John Lee in La Puente, California

100 months ago

Temp agencies also use your references as potential customers. That is the real reason they want warm bodies to show up at the office-so that they can garner more business by using the job seeker's references. One of my references I listed on my job application informed me that the agency tried to sell her on their services, rather than inquiring about my performance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ronnie in Earlville, Pennsylvania

100 months ago

On temp agencies using references as potential customers: I always wondered about that. I've done a lot of job shopping in my life, and it always seemed to me that the temp agencies wanted an inordinate number of references compared to the companies which were doing direct hire, who are usually satisfied with 2.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No Reply - Report abuse

Viviane in Lisbon Falls, Maine

99 months ago

Joining Office Team was one of the best things I ever did for myself. I started working for them when I couldn't find a job and didn't know what I wanted to do. The trick is to prove to them that you are a good and reliable worker. Call them back immediately when they call, and keep in touch. The more jobs I worked, the more skills I gained, which got me better and better jobs the next time around. And it's a hell of a resume builder.

To the person who said that temp agencies won't get you a permanent job, I disagree. I got a job through Office Team that BEGGED me to apply for the permanent position. They had seen me work and knew I was too valuable to lose. These people even admitted that if I had submitted my application without having worked there first, they would have laughed and thrown it out. They didn't dare hire someone else, when they already knew I could handle the job. I ended up getting a 50% pay increase and full benefits. And no, Office Team will not keep you around and try to milk you for everything you are worth, because they get a finders fee if you are hired. They actually called me up to thank me, telling me the guy in charge of the account was in his office doing backflips.

So I would recommend them to anyone. You've got nothing to lose. If you don't want a job, don't take it. But keep in mind that they are going to give jobs to their best workers. I managed to become their best in less than a year, to the point where they would call me up and let me choose which job I wanted from all the positions they had available. And I never went a day without a job, they made sure they kept them lined up for me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (35) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Providence Rhode Island

99 months ago

Officeteam is a horrible place, the recruiters are not professional at all. They are rude Money hungry. They do post lots of FAKE ads. They put you through all this testing. You score top-notch on the testing, so they tell you they will submit your resume to the client, but you never hear back from them. Keep getting voice mail and no one ever calls you back. The receptiontist is unfriendly, rude and unprofessional. The Division Director speaks so fast that it sounds like a marking pitch and you cannot evern understand him. they are a worthless temp agency. There are a few others here in Rhode Island. They tried to push assignment that you are not interested in and if you say no they get mad They pay awful. I will never work with them again or refere anyone there. You are better off looking for your own job on craiglist, monster etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Cheryl K in Delaware in King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania

99 months ago

The longest I ever worked for a staffing service was four years, but it wasn't Office Team. I do not like those people one bit; I've now been picked up by another agency, I won't say where, but I worked for this contractor in 1983 when it operated under a different name. I did very well with that contractor, then went to another one, and later hired directly by an insurance company where I stayed for 15 years until they were acquired. I intend to change my line of work to paralegal, and I have worked for my state's Department of Labor for four years. The state is really my true calling and not corporate life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Craigs List - BEWARE! in Denver, Colorado

98 months ago

Beware of Craig's List! There are a lot of unethical people posting jobs on there. Some of the jobs sound like permanent jobs but are contract for a project but they don't tell you that up front. I've found that sleazier employers seem to post on Craig's List.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Office Team is HORRIBLE in Denver, Colorado

98 months ago

Sherry in Denver, Colorado said: I think Office Team is horrible also. I had a temp job through them once which but would never work for them again after one of the recruiters hounded me unmercifully to quit a different temp job to go back to a job where they didn't have enough work to keep me busy for more than a day a week. She was a nasty bully.

Was her name Angela in the Greenwood Village office by chance? Ha-ha!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bob in Elk Grove Village, Illinois

98 months ago

Melissa in Pleasanton, California said: Accountemps along with 5 other lines of business. I am an office manager for one of their branches. I could go into how I came into my position and really be as cruel and disrespectful as those of you who leave messages on this forum but that's not my style. I was simply trying to help people. I created a way that kept me working until I came into the company permanently and I wanted to share that because I had once been in your shoes. I thought that by combining my experience along with giving you an inside track on what goes on in the office and giving advice from the staffing managers that I work with on a daily basis would be a benefit but apparently it was not appreciated. Good Luck in your job search.

Get a life!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Cheryl K in Delaware in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

97 months ago

Down with Office Team! May they rot and burn in the hot place!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Penny in Naperville, Illinois

97 months ago

Rod in Houston, Texas said:

Rod, you sound like a very rude and angry person. You don't know Melissa and I don't know her either; however to tell someone to shut up or that they need to be slapped it's just not acceptable. She’s telling the truth, so why are you “snapping” at her-only because you had a bad experience doesn’t mean everyone had.
I am a Hiring Manager for a Major national company. I work with few Staffing Agencies and thanks to them I get the quality, hard to find candidates for my open positions. My company doesn't even advertise when we have openings-we only go through staffing services, and believe me- many people want to work for my company.

Going back to the staffing services issues: do you know how many people are hired through staffing services? Do you realize that thanks to the staffing industry the unemployment rates went down and when the companies lay off employees, they hire temporary associates, because they are not on the company's payroll but rather the agency's- this provides employment for many unemployed folks;
Another thing I wanted to comment on: not all the staffing services are Temp Agencies; most staffing firms provide temporary, temp-to-hire and permanent placements, and yes- being a temporary "gets your foot in the door"; I have hired people who were with us on temp. basis for a project, but they were so good-we found place for them in our company.
Bottom line: quality, hard working people with good work ethics, skills and approachable, flexible personality will find jobs and will be successful, whether or not they found jobs on they own or through the agency; being registered with agency (or few of them) just increase your chance of finding a good job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

50 somethn crowd in Naperville, Illinois

96 months ago

Penny in Naperville, Illinois said:

Penny- Looking for an accounting in Joliet area, got any leads.
BP

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Denver, Colorado

96 months ago

Melissa in Pleasanton, California said: I worked for Officeteam for 3 years and had the greatest expereince. I have acutally never had problems working for any temp agency and while in college that is how I paid my way thru school. I'll give you tips on making the agency work for you and I promise you'll keep working. First, DO NOT treat you interview with the temp agency as just filling out an app and taking tests...dress the part as if you are about to interview for a $75K a year job....Grooming and grammar are key. Next be flexible and accessible. Even though you may want to have a temp to hire position, they are not always available. Take those 1 week or 1 day assignments. If you put your best foot forward they can turn into longer assignments. I've been on assignments that were supposed to last a day that would turn into a 2 week gig and a 1 week gig that turned into 5 months. The key is to make sure that you leave a GREAT lasting impression on the client. You want them to give you a good review. When you are not on assignments make sure that you call but just once a week. The best times are Thursday afternoons because that is when a lot of assignments come in and you want to have your name fresh on their mind...but don't call everyday because then you become the call that they want to avoid and that is not good as well. Officeteam offers Skillsoft. Take it. Its is developed with Microsoft and is a great tool to better your skills. After you take a course call you office and tell them you would like to retake a test that you maybe didn't do so well....that way when you score higher they see that you are really putting forth the effort to better yourself. I could go on and on but these are just really good things to help you with you temp agency blues.

So the moral of the story is:

1. Dress as if you are going on a $75k/yr. job
2. End up with a $10 an hour job that's only temp?

I don't get it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Bob in Littleton, Colorado

92 months ago

Look at all the job requirements vs. the LOW PAY!

Job Title: Graphic Designer
Job Type: Part-Time

This is a fabulous opportunity for an individual looking to get his/her foot in the door with an organization that has a promising future! SURE! WE'VE HEARD IT BEFORE!!!

This position is responsible for the concept, design, and production (layout) of high-profile marketing and advertising campaigns and promotional pieces (print and emedia) for our organization as well as for our client organizations.

The Graphic Designer is required to work Monday – Thursday, 10am – 5pm (with an hour unpaid lunch hour).

Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Produce marketing and advertising campaign concepts.
• Produce advertising, direct mail, sales kits, and related print collateral as well as e-media templates and promotional pieces.
• Produce completed jobs from concept to delivery on time and within budget.
• Create and send final artwork to vendors.
• Follow established production procedures; assist in refining procedures to make best use of time.
• Create templates and style sheets for use by clients and internal departments.
• Assist in development, management, and file maintenance of graphical standards for clients and internal organization.
• Keep current on design and marketing trends and strategies.

Demonstrated experience requirements:
• Energetic, highly motivated, intelligent graphic designer with design firm talent
• Applicant should be a Photoshop wizard who is versatile in both print and web environments
• Our ideal candidate will be a highly creative, out of the box thinker
• Must hav

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Barb in Cleveland, Ohio

91 months ago

Linda in Cedar Rapids, Iowa said: I have had really bad experiences working with office team. There staff is horrible to work with. But as temp agencies goes they are all the same. Worthless!!!!

I have to agree wholeheartedly! They had me going in on last minute assignments when someone would call in sick. This happened 5 times, but when I called in sick one morning, they fired me.

Yes, they are worthless and illogical and not good business people at all!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

TMH in Maple Shade, New Jersey

91 months ago

I quit a job because I was promised a new assignment from a staffing firm (in writing), which never came through. My unemployment claim may be denied for quitting another job for this promised job. Do I have any legal recourse against the staffing firm?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anne in Denver, Colorado

91 months ago

Wow, usually jobs aren't "promised" but in your case, since it's in writing, you may have a claim? I would call a few employment related attorneys for a free consult. At the very least, contact your Dept. of Labor and show them the letter. In that case, I think you'd win unemployment benefits.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Annie1004 in San Mateo, California

76 months ago

Melissa in Pleasanton, California said: I worked for Officeteam for 3 years and had the greatest expereince. I could go on and on but these are just really good things to help you with you temp agency blues.

Melissa works for OfficeTeam and this posting was a copy straight out of their playbook! Notice she's from "Pleasanton, CA," which happens to be the corporate headquarters.

That being said, I've worked for OT for almost 3 years and have nothing but good things to say about the company. Remember, nothing's perfect, but OT has always managed to find me places to work.

Good luck to us all!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

dvnt in Tucson, Arizona

74 months ago

I applied with them a couple of years ago and got an assignment at a local textile mail-order company. To my surprise, this position was a $12/hr position interviewing people for jobs at the company's call center. This would have been a great opportunity if it wasn't for the fact that I had absolutely no HR experience. I should not have taken the assignment but I really had to due to the fact that jobs were scare and rent needed to be paid. And so I did the best I could do at the assignment. To make a long story short I ended up getting let go for not apparent reason with a random phone call on a Friday afternoon. Before I left I went to speak to the HR Director of that particular company to get some constructive criticism about how I did on the assignment (I was briefly interested in a career in HR at the time) and I told her that I had no experience in HR. The next day I got a call from OfficeTeam and they rudely chewed me out for telling the company that I had no HR experience. I mean, didn't the hiring manager at the company even see my resume before they agreed to take me on??

This experience was very confusing and traumatic and made me never to want to try temp agencies again. Fortunately I went to another temp agency in the Tucson area called the 'Temp Connection" and they have been an absolute joy to work with. It just goes to show that except for a few bad eggs like OfficeTeam, temp agencies can be a good experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Moooo in San Francisco, California

74 months ago

Melissa gave really good advice, people.

You have to start somewhere, and if you are at the bottom, you take the low paying asignments and eventually get higher paying ones. It's the same with all agencies.

As for Rod in Houston - what you said does not make sense. If Officeteam gave someone a higher paying assignment, it also means the officeteam commission will be HIGHER. They will make MORE money, not lose money. Plus with permanent placements, once the company ( that any staffing agency placed you at), hires you on permanently, that company pays the staffing agency a commission based on the hiring salary. And it's not peanuts.

Staffing agencies are staffing agencies. I've signed up with ones that did not place me anywhere but placed other people I knew in many assignments. And vice versa. Personally i've had positive experiences with Officeteam.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

Freddles in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

68 months ago

Another angry unemployed person.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Some Guy in Sun Prairie, Wisconsin

62 months ago

I actually had a very different experience with OfficeTeam. Then again, perhaps every branch is different.I hate to be the odd man out here, but OfficeTeam seems to have done well for me.

The branch I've used is in Waukesha, WI. It was there that I saw an ad for a proofreading position. After testing, I met with someone. Everyone I talked to there was very nice and helpful. I later got an interview with their client in Brookfield, and was hired the same day. In fact, this was yesterday. They are not at all like the other descriptions I hear on these forums, and they are much better than an agency I used a long time ago, which has thankfully closed down.

I'll agree that the pay isn't the best and keeps on getting lower from what I was told it would be. However, I think this is the beginning of a career.

Oh, and by the way, I'm usually a very negative and distrusting person, but I would certainly recommend the one in Waukesha any day. I'll keep people posted if things turn out differently.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

funny in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania

49 months ago

Anonymous in Plainfield, Illinois said: You spelled experience wrong. Isn't incorrect spelling the reason you taunted another person posting thier opinion as being the reason no one ever hired them?

You criticize this person for spelling a word wrong but, You can't even spell the word their right.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

Huh? That is the most poorly written sentence in the whole forum!!!

"You criticize this person for spelling a word wrong but, You can't even spell the word their right."

Let's try it correctly:

"You criticize this person for spelling a word wrong. However, you did not even spell the word "their" right."

Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

I take back my positive comments. I was placed in a horrible medical proofreading job where unethical business practices were taking place. In fact, they went though several people for different positions. They kept giving me more and more administrative work (very much not my job), and less time to do it in, all for very low pay. I was out for two surgeries I had, went back to work earlier than I was supposed to medically because I needed the money, and was told by the boss, "You should have made an effort to be back here earlier" (bear in mind that I previously could barely move around my house). What's really interesting was that I was fired for actually doing my job....proofreading.

But never mind who I worked for, let's discuss OfficeTeam (the one in Waukesha).

They are disorganized, have very few jobs to offer in the first place, and believe what their clients (my job) says no matter what happens. Even in the face of all the bad information and complaints from the employees and the business' track record (20 years open and they went from one to seven employees), they believe everything the company says unquestionably. I was given a bad review by my work, and was told by OfficeTeam that I may not be eligible for unemployment. On that basis, they didn't try to get me a new job. They essentially told me "Goodbye, good luck." And they said it all in the most irritatingly cheerful manner.

Do not go with OfficeTeam.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

In addition to the above, though there is sure to be irony in the fact that there is a spelling error in my latest post about my experience proofreading, please don't hold it against me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

sean dublin in Spring Hill, Florida

48 months ago

Office Team doesn't want you to file for unemployment. If you worked for a few months you should file for UE.

They told you you may not be eligible because they don't want to pay it.

If OT/client ended the assignment then go ahead and file.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

another guy in Minneapolis, Minnesota

48 months ago

I recently had a bad experience with Office Team. I was initially excited about a potential opportunity that a recruiter contacted me for. The hours sounded good, the pay sounded ok and the location was pretty close to home. I went in for an interview, scored 100% on their excel test and typed 44 words a minute. They sent me to the employer within the next couple days for an interview. The interview with the employer went great. They offered me the position before I even got home. I thought things were looking good until the next day when the recruiter tells me that the position will pay $11.50. The position was for a call center supervisor where I would have supervised a team of approximately 10 people. $11.50 an hour supervisor pay? I told them no thanks. They went back to the company and ended up "negotiating" an increase in pay by $1 an hour with a "guarantee" that they would pay me $16.00 after the 90 day probationary period. I thought ok sounds good. At least the hours are good. Well the day before my start day comes and I get an email with my start time 2 hours later than what I agreed to. I called and asked what happened. They had no good answers so I said thanks but no thanks. They then said, "that was not a good professional move on your part because we don't want to represent you anymore". Really? After all that do they think I would trust anything they would have to say. I am offended to have been treated more as a commodity than a prospective employee. Thank goodness I dodged that bullet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

another guy in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: I recently had a bad experience with Office Team. QUOTE]

This isn't that bad because I have experience on both sides -- as a temporar employee and an employer. OfficeTeam cannot control what the employer will pay, nor tell you the hours of work. It's obvious that the employer changed the start time with OfficeTeam. As far as pay goes, when you are a temporary worker, you receive about 40% of the bill rate to the client.

I personally enjoyed working for OfficeTeam and always was kept busy at good jobs with decent pay. Nothing beats a "regular" job, but OfficeTeam kept me afloat on and off for two years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Arie in Waltham, Massachusetts

47 months ago

I am a college student and I worked for OfficeTeam. It took three months for me to finally receive a job, I didn't have a problem with that because I understood my hours were difficult since I am a student and I had no experience other than the typical customer service. I finally received a call the day before of an open position and worked for a great place (Ferguson) as a receptionist. I don't have too much of a complaint other than the payroll. I never knew when I was getting paid. I contacted the Staffing manager and told her I cannot work if I am not being paid and she tried to fix it but I don't know why but payroll would pretty much put my hours through whenever they felt like it. I ended up quitting because I couldn't continue dealing with it and the Staffing Manager tried to blame me for it! And then she said, "well, you will no longer be able to work for us." Um, duh!! That's why I quit in the first place.

I just wish OfficeTeam would have dealt with payroll more instead because I really enjoyed working at Ferguson. Great company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cindy in Maryville, Tennessee

46 months ago

I have also had a horrible experience with OfficeTeam, specifically the office in Knoxville, TN. DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT sign up with any temp type agency if you are receiving unemployment. They will screw you very badly. Yes, the agencies only care about placing a warm body at a company because it means money in their pocket. You must look at them as your competition, they are basically looking for jobs just like you are.It makes no difference to them if it is a good fit or not, or if it is the work you indicated you wanted. When you accept an assignment UC then looks at them as your employer and you CANNOT leave that assignment no matter what or you will be thrown off, considered no longer eligible for UC and in my case told I owe UC money because of an overpayment. Unfortunately most companies today direct you to their websites and often no jobs are listed to apply for. It is not easy to find a job anymore.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sean dublin in Spring Hill, Florida

46 months ago

I did a 4 month assignment with Office Team which the client ended. I applied for UE(this was a week before Christmas and OT had no other assignments for me).

I got a letter from EDD(CA unemployment) telling me that OT is fighting the claim and I had a scheduled phone interview.

I got the unemployment because the rep told me he was tired of temp agencies trying to screw people. I told him they called me at home around 6pm on a Friday and told me the assignment was over. Very nice, the week before Christmas, so I applied online for benefits.

They HATE paying out unemployment claims.

But they can't get out of it when you didn't do anything wrong.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.