Does this agency just list bogus ads

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (14)

would never answer their ad

93 months ago

When you answer the ad, they do not call back, or they call back never set up an appointment. I think they must have quota's to get people in, or they have quota's to get resume. I think one of the pre-req's is that you need to be brainless and 18 to work there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Knoxville, Tennessee

93 months ago

I WENT TO ONE. I HAVE HIGH TEST SCORES, GREAT REFERENCES, ETC. ONE PROBLEM: MY MOST REC JOB MANAGER HAS BEEN SICK WITH VERTIGO FOR TWO WEEKS. I TOLD THEM TO CALL HR. THEY SAY THEY CAN'T, THEY HAVE TO SPEAK WITH HER. THEY ASKED FOR HER HOME PHONE NUMBER (WE WERE FRIENDS) AND I WON'T GIVE OUT PERSONAL INFORMATION LIKE THAT. THEY TOLD ME THAT IF THEY CAN'T TALK TO HER, NO LUCK. I SAID, WHAT ABOUT THE PRIOR 6 REFS THAT CAME BACK POSITIVE? "NOT GOOD ENOUGH".

WHAT A JOKE. I TOLD THEM I HAD OTHER OPTIONS AND THAT I AM CLOSING THE DOOR. I HAVE HAD PLENTY OF NON=TEMPS CALLING ME. I DON'T NEED THEM!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Knoxville, Tennessee

93 months ago

THEY ARE ALL STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IN ONE OFTHE PRIOR FORUMS, A MANAGER TIPPED US ON HOW YOU CAN TELL A JOB IS FAKE

Melissa in Rodney, Michigan

92 months ago

I agree with all the posts here. I do believe that this company does NOT have the jobs they list, it is simply something they do to get new applicants into their office.

I cannot wait until the day that they are CLOSED down and they are the ones seeking employment.

Mike in Charlotte, North Carolina

92 months ago

Melissa said: I agree with all the posts here. I do believe that this company does NOT have the jobs they list, it is simply something they do to get new applicants into their office.
I cannot wait until the day that they are CLOSED down and they are the ones seeking employment.

What is it with these fake jobs? I am going to be calling my Rep and writing to my Senators - this crap has to stop now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mary in Spartanburg, South Carolina

87 months ago

I do not believe that the positions are fake. Sometimes the company that the staffing agency are dealing with can slow down the process or cancel the contract. It just depends on the company or the situation. It sounds like they have a history of not responding throughout the country. Maybe RHI needs to re-evaluate who they allow to run their offices and get some people in their that really want to help people and not just get a pay check.

OldWiseManinNC

87 months ago

Mike in Charlotte. Complain to the NC Department of Justice Consumer Fraud Division. They are set up to take compliants for consumers in NC and know all about staffing companies using fake job posting. It's illegal in all 50 states. File a compliant.

Agencies please die in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida

87 months ago

Im new to FL and one Office Team recruiter left a lengthy message on my phone
about being "Very interested to talk to you" . So I call back and get another
one who couldnt get me off the phone fast enough. I have 20 years
experience and she recommends Manpower before she hangs up.
Another Ft. Lauderdale agency put my through two interviews and now
wont even call or email back about the status of them.
What is up with FL recruiting firms ? Ive been around awhile and have never
seen the stuff that Ive experienced or read about here. Are there any real ones ??

Honey

87 months ago

Agencies please die in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida said: Im new to FL and one Office Team recruiter left a lengthy message on my phone
about being "Very interested to talk to you" . So I call back and get another
one who couldnt get me off the phone fast enough. I have 20 years
experience and she recommends Manpower before she hangs up.
Another Ft. Lauderdale agency put my through two interviews and now
wont even call or email back about the status of them.
What is up with FL recruiting firms ? Ive been around awhile and have never
seen the stuff that Ive experienced or read about here. Are there any real ones ??

I have been out of a permanent position for almost a year now. With more than 20 years experience, and yes...I have a brain, am a take-charge person, and put me in front of any computer and give me ample space to work and I WORK and yes...HARD..The employers here in Florida want people with tons of computer literacy and all the work ethic of a professional..but DON'T WANT TO PAY FOR IT. I made $12/hour when I got out of business school and I'll be damned if I'll work for that now. However, the market stinks, there are not enough jobs, there's absolutely no respect for admin. people and it is no longer a PROFESSION. They want what they want and if you don't know one program, BECAUSE YOU NEVER HAD TO, THEY WON'T HIRE YOU NO MATTER HOW QUALIFIED YOU ARE!!! It's a sad scenario when you tell an agency that you are a seasoned professional and they think you are here only seasonally....HELLO; they don't want people who are smart either...they want ROBOTS; and I really think they like complaining about how hard it is to get good people; EMPLOYERS WAKE UP; YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!! I have found that most of the agencies here are a JOKE. They are competing for all the same job orders, and yes..a lot of them post BOGUS POSITIONS just to test the waters and see what's out there. Another sad scenario to say the least.

Choo in Stamford, Connecticut

87 months ago

Manpower is worse.

Bob in Huntley, Illinois

75 months ago

would never answer their ad said: When you answer the ad, they do not call back, or they call back never set up an appointment. I think they must have quota's to get people in, or they have quota's to get resume. I think one of the pre-req's is that you need to be brainless and 18 to work there.

I'll agree with all of your above mentioned points, and would like to add that they (recruiters) will get you into their office, interview you, and later tell you on follow up calls that they are still working for you, however, they don't have anything just yet! Nothing like leaving a big waste of time impression.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bob in Huntley, Illinois

75 months ago

Mike in Charlotte, North Carolina said: What is it with these fake jobs? I am going to be calling my Rep and writing to my Senators - this crap has to stop now.

I wish there was a plan to follow? I have had experiences in the two months that I have been out of work, that I apply to found jobs and then neither hear anything at all, or I am contacted told that they are interested in me, conduct a telephone interview with HR, and then never hear from them again.

I called a company today that I had previously applied to and was told at that time (approximately four weeks ago) that they were working only with internal candidates now. In my follow-up call today, I mentioned that I had seen the position still advertised in other search engines along wih their web-site. I was told that the internal candidate hadn't worked out and that they determined they were going to have to go the contract route as they hadn't found anyone qualified enough for the position. Hmmmmm...heeelllloooo!! Do they think an agency will provide the exact match they WISH for if they weren't able to find someone in the many qualified candidates that applied? There are many so-called unfillable positions out there now days!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Richard Carlisle in Springfield, Missouri

75 months ago

Office team, does this agency just list bogus ads?

I had the same question in Walnut Creek, Calif. in 2004. I wasted little time with them. To this day, I never met anyone who said they worked for or with them. Office Team could very well be bogus.

I look in the local phone book for organizations that I believe may be qualified to hire me. When I phone or meet them in person, I am ready to work. If they have something for me, they say so. Rejection; of course!
Try again.

san am in California

75 months ago

Richard Carlisle in Springfield, Missouri said: Office team, does this agency just list bogus ads?

I had the same question in Walnut Creek, Calif. in 2004. I wasted little time with them. To this day, I never met anyone who said they worked for or with them. Office Team could very well be bogus.

I look in the local phone book for organizations that I believe may be qualified to hire me. When I phone or meet them in person, I am ready to work. If they have something for me, they say so. Rejection; of course!
Try again.

Office Team is quite bogus. I went into an RHI office took
all of their tests and scored well I was then set up to
interview with an office team rep. I have not heard from her
or anyone else from that organization since. I've called a
few times since and left messages but to no avail they are quite bogus. I would not recommend them to anyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.