If something sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

sarahpodlaski in Rutherford, New Jersey

104 months ago

Don't waste your time, these people are scam artists. I'm highly qualified for administrative positions, am formally trained in many computer applications, type 70 wpm, and have years of experience. OfficeTeam had many well paying jobs that didn't require half my experience, yet after them taking 2 hours of my time on some BS tests that involved ridiculous receptionist questions, they offered me a TWO DAY temp position. I politely turned it down and haven't heard from them since, despite multiple new job listings from them online. Nice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

inmichigan in Dearborn, Michigan

104 months ago

Job listings online are meant to FIND qualified people who are interested in those jobs. It doesn't mean they are looking to hire a new person for that position. It is not a scam. I have been interviewing to work with the company itself as someone who works with clients and project professionals (people like you). There is no scam about it. They agree to be your agent to and to represent you to potential companies. There is no guarantee that they will be able to place you. They simply agree to represent you and help you in your job search. That is a fairly valuable offer, especially for only a two hour investment of your time. If you misunderstood the arrangement then that is unfortunate. It is not, however, a scam. Office Team is the second largest division of Robert Half International (RHI). RHI has been named by Fortune as one of their "Most Admired Companies," ranking RHI as number one in the temporary help industry. BusinessWeek listed RHI as number 17 in their exclusive list of "50 Top Performers." This year, Robert Half International was featured in April on Forbes magazine's "Champions of the World" list of the top 130 companies out of the Global 2000 and appeared for the sixth time on the Forbes Platinum 400 list of the best big companies in America. A company that was trafficking scam artists could never draw this sort of attention from these prestigious sources. In the business world, these are the rankings that count. Forbes, Fortune, BusinessWeek...it doesn't get better than those.

FYI, AccountTemps is the largest division of Robert Half and OfficeTeam is the second largest. Each account manager spends about 50 hours a week trying to match up project professionals with clients who need workers. Like I said, there is no guarantee, but if you present yourself in a memorable, professional way and you constantly follow up with your account manager, there is a better chance that you will be placed in a good position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

inmichigan in Dearborn, Michigan

104 months ago

Also, OfficeTeam is a staffing company, so don't expect a full-time placement. Sometimes they find temp-to-hire jobs,which is ideal for those looking for a full-time deal, but overall, Officeteam is going to find temporary jobs. Some will be two days, some will be two months or more. If you are unemployed, even temporary jobs are helpful. Many times you work with a company and if you are a good fit, they will want to hire you permanently. Working with a company like OfficeTeam or AccountTemps is a great way to get your foot in some doors if you are struggling to find employment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

pinkie34 in Cleveland, Ohio

93 months ago

Sarah,

Unfortunately I have to agree with you. Office Team might be a reputable company, but they sure aren't helpful with finding a person a job. I have 11 years administrative experience, a bachelor's degree, almost done with my master's, excellent computer and typing skills, etc. I registered with Office Team back in May, took all the required tests (passed with very high scores), interviewed, etc., and have not received so much as a single temp assignment through them. I've applied for jobs with them online (ones that I'm definitely qualified for), called them, emailed them, followed up with them, and nothing. Why do temp agencies call people in to register, but then not offer them any positions? Do they just have quotas they have to meet - i.e., register a certain number of people a week?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.