It's a Fake

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Charlie in West Palm Beach, Florida

93 months ago

Insider in Atlanta, Georgia said: This is fake staffing company, be careful when applying to them!

If they are fake they sure do know how to put up a good show. They claim to have 300 offices worldwide and I have heard they are a subsidiary of Robert Half - one of the largest and oldest staffing agencies on the planet.

But let's say you are right and they are fake. tell us just what do you suppose would be their purpose in forming a fake staffing agency? What would be the benefit to them and how would that make a profit? I am interested because I could very easily produce a fake agency and it seems an easy way to make money. How does it work?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Aimee in Kalamazoo, Michigan

92 months ago

Insider in Atlanta, Georgia said: This is fake staffing company, be careful when applying to them!

If they are fake, why have they kept me steadily employed for the last 2 years? Maybe you should research your information before you blurt things out you know nothing about.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

badjack in Chicago, Illinois

92 months ago

Charlie in West Palm Beach, Florida said: If they are fake they sure do know how to put up a good show. They claim to have 300 offices worldwide and I have heard they are a subsidiary of Robert Half - one of the largest and oldest staffing agencies on the planet.

But let's say you are right and they are fake. tell us just what do you suppose would be their purpose in forming a fake staffing agency? What would be the benefit to them and how would that make a profit? I am interested because I could very easily produce a fake agency and it seems an easy way to make money. How does it work?

When you find out how to make money with a fake staffing agency please post the information. I need to make money and at this point in time, I am willing to start a fake agency-but only if the profit margin is high enough.

Lawand in Smyrna, Delaware

92 months ago

I actually got referred to this company by someone that was put in a position on a temporary basis and now hired full time permanent for the past 4 Years! I agree that I thought that this one was bogus just like Adecco staffing but I have come to realize that the may only just work with a older more professional client base. I have not heard of any beginner level admins get any luck here. Just a heads up to the person who thinks this is a hoax maybe your just not what the want to represent their company. Not being smart or anything we under 20 women and men have a lot to learn about the business industry and I do believe we may not take it as seriously as we should.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Looking for work in White Lake, Michigan

92 months ago

No, Office Team is NOT a fake company. But as far as someone else said - they pay low and keep a lot of money for themselves. ALL staffing agencies do it. There are very few who offer permanent positions, even if they advertise to do so. They're making money off the people they place, and very often the company that places you gets paid double what your hourly rate is. Granted they could afford to pay their employees more but if they're paying part of your health benefits and you get paid vacation - they're not making as much as you may think. It's cheaper for a company to hire through a staffing agency because then the staffing agency is responsible for providing insurance/benefits/vacation pay.

But I have worked for Office Team in the past, and they weren't very good at finding me anything other than jobs a 6th grader could do that were very low paying positions.

Barb in Garden City, Michigan

92 months ago

Looking for work in White Lake, Michigan said: No, Office Team is NOT a fake company. But as far as someone else said - they pay low and keep a lot of money for themselves. ALL staffing agencies do it. There are very few who offer permanent positions, even if they advertise to do so. They're making money off the people they place, and very often the company that places you gets paid double what your hourly rate is. Granted they could afford to pay their employees more but if they're paying part of your health benefits and you get paid vacation - they're not making as much as you may think. It's cheaper for a company to hire through a staffing agency because then the staffing agency is responsible for providing insurance/benefits/vacation pay.

But I have worked for Office Team in the past, and they weren't very good at finding me anything other than jobs a 6th grader could do that were very low paying positions.

I applied to this place. I have 20 years experience, and can do ANY OFFICE JOB. BUT they have yet to call. I call them, they say 'we have your resume on file, and if there is anything that comes up, we will call'....so I guess their job market is flat! I would like to know how they can keep their own staff on the payroll when they aren't busy!
I dont find temp agencies to be of much help. If you want to find a job, you have to rely on your own resources. There are jobs, its just a matter of being in the right place at the right time, and having a resume that 'kicks butt' I did find a good paying job on my own.Good luck to all you jobhunters.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Clariece in Denver, Colorado

91 months ago

Good for you! That is the BEST way to get a job -- direct! Office Team is terrible but a lot of applicants forget that agencies are only collecting resumes to put them in their pool of available people -- they're not "looking" for a job for any one person -- they are filling orders -- and Office Team orders are LOW LEVEL AND LOW PAYING! Steer Clear everyone!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.