Office Team No fair!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 92)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Ang in Chicago, Illinois

91 months ago

I have applied and applied to Office Team and I never ever hear a thing from them! What the heck are those people doing there?!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Pat in Holmdel, New Jersey

90 months ago

Ang in Chicago, Illinois said: I have applied and applied to Office Team and I never ever hear a thing from them! What the heck are those people doing there?!

I live in New Jersey, and it's the same situation here. After going in to meet and be tested you NEVER hear from them and if you call them they never return your call or if you eventually do get the opportunity to speak with them about a particular posting they will tell you that the position has been filled even though it was only posted that same day. If that doesn't happen then they advise that you do not possess the skill level they are looking for. Supposedly all agencies maintain a database, yet you would think they never refer to it. Even though you registered with an agency because they have such a turnover in recruiters if you e-mail them a current resume and then follow up they immmediately tell you to come in and re-register and get retested. I was registered with over 30 agencies and I rarely heard for a single one. Could be the "age" thing, as I am in my fifties.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Donna in Chicago, Illinois

90 months ago

Ditto. I am in Hammond, IN registered and tested with Office Team in Merrillville, IN 2 months ago. Havent rec'd one assignment and I wonder why they have jobs!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Christine in Dallas, Texas

90 months ago

Here they rotate out recuiters every single week so the same person is never working for you to look for a job which means you have to call them every single week and remind them you're avaliable. All their online postings don't mean a thing. They'll never respond to that and God help you if you get someone's voice mail b/c they'll never call you back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Shelley in Ohio in Findlay, Ohio

90 months ago

I recently sent in an email directly to the OfficeTeam email address that was at the end of a job posting where I stated my skills and etc and how I matched the job and someone replied back to me:

Please register on our website at www.officeteam.com

When I responded back that I was registered and THAT was the reason that I was responding directly to the OfficeTeam email address I got NO response back. NOT only am I registered online, but I also spent 2 1/2 hours in their office where I went through all their testing and then 2 interviews, only to walk away with business cards. I understand how staffing companies work and all...but they really shouldn't post a specific job if they are only looking to build up applicants in their database.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Pat in Red Bank, New Jersey

90 months ago

It certainly doesn't make the job hunting process any easier to know that there are MANY agencies that operate exactly as Office Team does. At least Office Team is consistent, they perform the same all over the United States....they don't get you interviews or jobs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

MISSMGD in Santa Clara, California

90 months ago

Ang in Chicago, Illinois said: I have applied and applied to Office Team and I never ever hear a thing from them! What the heck are those people doing there?!

I would suggest to all people interested in an office team position. Forward your resume and if someone calls you from Office team to come tell them get me an interview for a job and i will come in and fill out the paperwork. This company office team is not sitting on a hill of jobs. Trust and believe you could sit at home fax your resume to 50 random companies and get a job faster than you can with office team.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Don't waste your time w/ Office Team! in Littleton, Colorado

90 months ago

You are wasting your time! Office Sleaze Team is perhaps the biggest "resume collector" around! They are just looking for names of employers on your resume to contact for new business. They post fake jobs just to collect resumes. They place only 2% of all candidates who submit their resumes. They are also known to PAY THE LOWEST to employees as they take a minimum of 70% markup!!

I signed up with a similar agency. I got a job on my own and they have called me THREE TIMES asking me "who do you work for?" I WON'T TELL THEM! It's none of their business. They didn't find me a job so why should I help them?

Job seekers: If you get a job, and the agencies call and ask you who you are working for -- DON'T TELL THEM! Just tell them you'll contact them if you need them again. And HANG UP.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Don't waste your time w/ Office Team! in Littleton, Colorado

90 months ago

but they really shouldn't post a specific job if they are only looking to build up applicants in their database.

Contact the medium they are advertising in and tell them the jobs are fake -- whether it's the newspaper, on line, or whatever! Many places have a rule the job must be -- um.... REAL! Hear that, Office Team Sleaze Bags!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tom in Denver in Littleton, Colorado

90 months ago

I just sent this note to the Dept. of Labor. If someone works for a temp agency and the job ends, they require that person to KEEP CALLING the agency. It's a waste of time!

I think the Dept. of Labor should change it's policy that job seekers collecting unemployment should have to "call in" to these so-called temp agencies. They do not have the jobs they "advertise" and are mostly posting fake ads to recruit. I've seen the same ad over and over for agencies such as Office Team and other agencies. They will collect as many resumes as they can to find actual job descriptions and information on employers to find new clients. They probably only place a tiny percentage of people seeking work. They are mostly fraudulent and do not work in the job seeker's best interest. Office Team marks up what they bill their client 69%! Your policy should be changed. People shouldn't be required to contact these sleazy and predatory firms. Check out: www.indeed.com -- FORUMS to find comments on agencies such as Robert Half Intl. and Office Team (same company).

Sue in Littleton, Colorado

90 months ago

They are collecting resumes to call the employers listed on them to find new clients.

That is EXACTLY what they are doing. They are NOT, rest assured, looking for a job for YOU.

Pat in Red Bank, New Jersey

90 months ago

My strongest recommendation would be to use the time you would waste responding to an Office Team posting to do something else. Dusting your furiture would be more rewarding and productive. Bottom line, don't waste your time with Office Team. I have and not a single interview. It's just not worth the effort.

Sad to say agencies do post bogus positions. I was advised by one agency that this goes on all the time. I was grateful that this recruiter confirmed my suspicions. It is discouraging to send out your resume to scads of agencies with virtually no responses.

Unfortunately, there is very little if anything job seekers can do about the unethical practices agencies emplpy. Seems that there are no regulations in place to protect us.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Complain to the proper authorities in Denver, Colorado

90 months ago

Pat in Red Bank, New Jersey said: My strongest recommendation would be to use the time you would waste responding to an Office Team posting to do something else. Dusting your furiture would be more rewarding and productive. Bottom line, don't waste your time with Office Team. I have and not a single interview. It's just not worth the effort.

Sad to say agencies do post bogus positions. I was advised by one agency that this goes on all the time. I was grateful that this recruiter confirmed my suspicions. It is discouraging to send out your resume to scads of agencies with virtually no responses.

Unfortunately, there is very little if anything job seekers can do about the unethical practices agencies emplpy. Seems that there are no regulations in place to protect us.

CONTACT THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION! THEY ARE ON LINE! FALSE ADVERTISING IS AGAINST THE LAW!

ROBERT in South El Monte, California

90 months ago

THEN COME TO PROFESSIONAL STAFFING RESOURCES IN BURBANK 818 847-1995

evee in Colts Neck, New Jersey

88 months ago

i cant say anything negative - i applied and in just a couple of days office team called me 2 days later i was scheduled for the testing that same day i got a call for a job offer and started working the followin monday - i think they do a great job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Pat in Middletown, New Jersey

88 months ago

I am assuming it was a temp assignment, which I believe is their specialty. They are not as responsive when it is a permanent position. I am sure if I said I was looking for temp work I would be working as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

no it wasnt for a temp job its a permanent job. Im not disputing that they haven't anything for you. I'm just saying I have never had any problems w/ them at all. So just FYI - no my job isnt a temp job, it's permanent. :)

Pat in Middletown, New Jersey said: I am assuming it was a temp assignment, which I believe is their specialty. They are not as responsive when it is a permanent position. I am sure if I said I was looking for temp work I would be working as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

Congratulations.

Perhaps we aren’t looking in the same field, but my experience like many has not been positive with Office Team. You may be one of a few exceptions to the rule. In any event, I stand by my observation that Office Team does not make a concerted effort on behalf of a majority of those that respond to their postings. Courtesy is not their forte either as I have left several follow-up voice mails to no avail. Glad you were perhaps the one in one thousand they did help.

Allison in Alexandria, Virginia

88 months ago

I was an employee of OfficeTeam and the biggest problem is that the Staffing Managers are given an "interview goal". They have to do a certain amount of interviews a week. So what happens is that the person who is on desk that week starts calling anybody and everybody they can to try and meet that interview goal. So if you are doing 40 interviews a week and only have 30 jobs available that week, then that's 10 people you know you don't have anything for. Sometimes your meeting with people that you know you will never be able to place anywhere but you bring them in and interview them anyway because you don't want to get your ass chewed for not making "goal". There is also a certain number of sales calls that need to be made every week. A staffing manager needs to make 125 calls every week and part of those calls can be from doing reference checks from interviews. Management sets these ridiculous goals and target numbers and it doesn't benefit the applicant at all. It's a sales driven business about the client, not the employee. It's a revolving door for recruiters because they get burnt out so quick and can't continue to work under those conditions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Shelley in Findlay, Ohio

88 months ago

I think that many of you think that it's the Staffing firm's job to get you a job. It actually is their job to make sure that their clients are fully staffed, and if that means interviewing 100 people to get the 50 openings with the best qualified, then that's what they have to do. I say register with them, keep in touch with them, but don't rely on them for a job. Use them as a tool. I am registered with a few professional staffing firms and THEY contact ME and run by positions that they have that they think I am qualified for and actually DO try and sell me to some of their clients. I used to work for a staffing firm so I know how frustrating it can be, and yes, staffing firms DO bring in people to get them registered so as WHEN the positions open they aren't left with no one to offer them to. Sorry, just telling it like it is out there in the "Staffing world".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

Your honesty is commendable. If applicants had any doubts what goes on in the "recruiting" business their suspisions can now be put to rest. However, it is not comforting for those of us looking for employment to be made privy to the real ins and outs of this business. I find it bewildering that the Unemployment Offices throughout the USA don't belive the unemployed when we tell them the horror stories of dealing with agencies. So often they question just how diligently we are actively seeking employment when we tell them how the agencies don't have the jobs they post, and never call us back.

88 months ago

When you add up all the negative comments about staffing agencies against the positive comments doesn't the majority rule? I would like to know exactly what staffing agencies you are registered with so that I can do the same and find out for myself how well they perform.

The only thing anyone has to utilize to seek employment are various tools, one of which is a staffing agency. There are more of "us" out there that are dissatisfied with agencies. We are literally forced to use an inadequate tool as many positions are posted through agencies.

I am glad that you have had a good experience with them but I DEFINITELY am not alone when I say that by and far they have proven to be of little use.

Shelley in Findlay, Ohio

88 months ago

I totally agree, as I am unemployed myself. I must warn all of you that DO register with Staffing Agencies, please make sure to get ALL the facts of the position you are taking, whether it be a temp job or a direct placement position. If you accept a position only to find that it wasn't what they actually described to you and you quit, they will report that as a quit and any position they offer you and you turn it down can result in a refusal, (unless the position / pay is so far off of what you once did and made) I was sent out on an interview in Columbus, OH for a position that the staffing firm told me was contract but if they liked me and I did a good job they would most likely hire me. During the interview I politely asked what the potential for hiring on was and they both stated that it was for a maturnity leave and was for 8-12 wks. Turns out that after finding out the results of my excel and powerpoint tests they contacted the staffing firm and wanted me to start....THE NEXT DAY!! I was thrown back because I wasn't prepared to start the next day, AND the position was now a contract job where I would be unemployed AGAIN pushing close to Christmas!!! So, make sure you all get the facts, and I would suggest if you do get an interview, you may want to review with the company you were sent to as to what was told to you by the staffing firm....

88 months ago

I agree. I recently went on an interview for a position and prior to going I was adamant with the staffing agency that I was not interested in temp work. They assured me that it was temp to hire. My experience has been to have the agency advise me not to discuss salary and other important issues with their client, to always have those questions go through them. I went on the interview to find out that it was definitely a temp position and at the same time find out that they weren't even certain what the length of employment might be, they were playing it by ear. They were rather surprised when I advised them that the agency had told me it was a temp to hire as they assured me they NEVER gave the staffing frirm that impression. Also, the salary I told the agency I was looking for was not anywhere near what the company was considering offering. Instead of jobs what you get from agencies is apologies for sending you out on bogus jobs.

Shelley in Findlay, Ohio

88 months ago

YEp, there was a lull in the conversation when I told the Staffing Agency person that the position wasn't contract to hire. Then I told her I wasn't prepared to start the next day and told her later that day I had an interview(which I did) and I couldn't make that decision right then and there) She called me the next day to ask how the other interview went and I told her that I wasn't sure, but I had another interview, and she called me after THAT interview as well and said they were still looking for someone for the position. Ughh,,,can you say "doesn't have a clue!!" The position is once again posted and it's for a maturnity leave, where it's now been 1 week since the woman has been off...I think that they may be either lying to people still about the duration of the job or that people dont actually want a contract job that leads to no where...which I have now experienced both. I'm not bitter from this situation, I'm just even more armed and informed. Beware out there!!

88 months ago

Certainly looking for a job is hard enough, and the agencies certainly don't make it any easier.Isn't it why they are SUPPOSED to be out there in the first place...to help find employment and place someone in a position. I have more luck in getting interviews when I reply to an ad in the newspaper or a posting on the Internet that has been placed directly by the hiring company. I have gotten three interviews that way recently, and 0 through an agency.

88 months ago

i couldnt agree more... office team contacted me i didnt apply for anything i just registered... so i strongly agree w/ everything ur saying due to aside from office team i was still applying at other places on my behalf.
so idk.... good luck to all... take care.. see ya

Shelley in Findlay, Ohio said: I think that many of you think that it's the Staffing firm's job to get you a job. It actually is their job to make sure that their clients are fully staffed, and if that means interviewing 100 people to get the 50 openings with the best qualified, then that's what they have to do. I say register with them, keep in touch with them, but don't rely on them for a job. Use them as a tool. I am registered with a few professional staffing firms and THEY contact ME and run by positions that they have that they think I am qualified for and actually DO try and sell me to some of their clients. I used to work for a staffing firm so I know how frustrating it can be, and yes, staffing firms DO bring in people to get them registered so as WHEN the positions open they aren't left with no one to offer them to. Sorry, just telling it like it is out there in the "Staffing world".

Ronnie in Douglassville, Pennsylvania

88 months ago

I heard about one Office Team employee who was due a $23,000 bonus - she had to wait two more weeks. The job was so horrible, she actually quit before the two weeks was up and forfeited the bonus.

This is not a rumor, the person involved was the sister of my friend, who told me. They were not rich by any means.

I think you could probably hang me by my fingernails for two weeks before I'd give up that kind of money, so I have to assume that the Office Team work environment is unbelievably awful!

Time Wasters!!! in Denver, Colorado

88 months ago

Office Team will DO NOTHING but WASTE YOUR TIME! Avoid them! If you want to earn the LEAST for the MOST HASSLE, they're your ticket! They want you sitting at home waiting for their LOWEST LEVEL crappy one and two day assignments. You cannot live on what they'll pay for sure! Plus, you'll have to list your wages on any application and believe me, it will NOT help in future salary negotiations when you put down the pennies they paid you!

Margaret Fong in San Francisco, California

88 months ago

All they do is sit on their butts and wait for the phone to ring. They really don't help people find work once you are registered with them. All they do is find temp work, but it won't lead to anything permanent. Go find a job yourself if you are that marketable.

Beware of Agencies! in Denver, Colorado

88 months ago

They are looking at all the resumes they are collecting to see what ACTUAL JOBS ARE OUT THERE AND WHO WILL BE SOON HIRING because YOU will be leaving soon. They are sitting on their butts collecting resumes, using YOU as a source for NEW CLIENT LEADS!

Beware of Agencies! in Denver, Colorado

88 months ago

Ronnie in Douglassville, Pennsylvania said: I heard about one Office Team employee who was due a $23,000 bonus - she had to wait two more weeks. The job was so horrible, she actually quit before the two weeks was up and forfeited the bonus.

This is not a rumor, the person involved was the sister of my friend, who told me. They were not rich by any means.

I think you could probably hang me by my fingernails for two weeks before I'd give up that kind of money, so I have to assume that the Office Team work environment is unbelievably awful!

Office Team probably PURPOSEFULLY made it more difficult for her so she would forfeit her bonus. She must have been owed commissions.

ExecutiveLegalPeon16 in Dayton, Ohio

88 months ago

Appreciate you taking time to share your insight. I personally liken most of these places to an avant garde slave trade. However, that being said, I have been helped out a time or two by one or another - but NOT OfficeTeam. Kindly see my post (pasted here) from the Robert Half forum:
---
I had an appt at OfficeTeam (A RH subsidiary) in Dayton before I landed my job I have now (which I procured, NOT THEM).

I went in, did the obligatory paperwork crap and waited patiently with everyone else who looked desperate for a job. Mind you, I'd been there in the office now for over an hour, signed in, talked with two girls who worked there, done testing. I get a call on my cell phone from a lady in the office (I guess she was a manager that day or something) wanting to know where I was. I told her loudly (so all could hear) "I AM IN YOUR OFFICE, IN THE LOBBY, WAITING FOR YOU!!!"

This little story should illustrate the incompetence. But wait...

I get in to talk with "The Pusher", I forget his name. This guy was in his early 20s - had probably never seen an office in his life except for the fact he was IN one. He's telling me I am not qualified for anything above $10/hr. I'm a former court reporter, typing speed is 115 words per minute, had 3 years medical terminology, 3 years legal terminology, 6 or 7 years of legal secretary work to that point -- and he's telling me I do not qualify for anything over $10/hr.

Then, when I DID finally get a job MYSELF, "the Pusher" gave me a guilt trip that I'd let them DOWN because they'd gotten me a 2-day assignment and I could not complete it!!!!!

OfficeTeam- Good luck with THAT!

Deborah James in Fremont, California

88 months ago

Office Temps is a division of Robert Half. Need I say more?

Manpower seems to have it a little more together than RH. I'm just glad that I'm no longer dealing with them.

Rotten Apple in San Diego, California

88 months ago

Shelley in Findlay, Ohio said: I think that many of you think that it's the Staffing firm's job to get you a job. It actually is their job to make sure that their clients are fully staffed, and if that means interviewing 100 people to get the 50 openings with the best qualified, then that's what they have to do. I say register with them, keep in touch with them, but don't rely on them for a job. Use them as a tool. I am registered with a few professional staffing firms and THEY contact ME and run by positions that they have that they think I am qualified for and actually DO try and sell me to some of their clients. I used to work for a staffing firm so I know how frustrating it can be, and yes, staffing firms DO bring in people to get them registered so as WHEN the positions open they aren't left with no one to offer them to. Sorry, just telling it like it is out there in the "Staffing world".

Pull your head out! Without candidates what would this industry do? When clients call, who would be placed if there were no candidates? These agencies act like they are doing their candidates a favor yet without the candidate the industry no longer exists. Sometimes the candidate becomes the client. If you treat me like crap as a candidate will I call you when I have an opening as a client? NOT! There was a time when some of this industry was respected now it's all just sleaze. Same whore, different dress.

88 months ago

Love the pull your head out comment. I replied but tactfully, maybe your comment shook up this individual and the lightbulb flickered and they finally realized that they are the ONLY one who thinks Office Team is a great agency to deal with.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

Very obvious this person worked for an agency. Their actions are indefensable yet she still "tows" the company line!

Deborah James in Alameda, California

88 months ago

Sometimes the candidate becomes the client. If you treat me like crap as a candidate will I call you when I have an opening as a client? NOT!

I'll swear to that one. After my dealings with RH, I obtained a job as an Office Manager, with hiring responsibilities. Think I called them or referred them to any of the firms that I knew had openings to fill?

NO!!!!!!

ExecutiveLegalPeon16 in Dayton, Ohio

88 months ago

Exactly! My point is, they PROMISE to get the candidate a job, so therefore, they're making promises they won't keep. In my book, that's bad business. Maybe I'm too old fashioned for my own good!

88 months ago

Good for you. Maybe if they get hit where it hurts, the pocket book, they will think twice.

Unemployed in San Diego in San Diego, California

88 months ago

I guess I'm too old too. I am 42 and can't believe what a hard time I am having trying to find work. I am very qualified in my field but I think employers prefer the 20 year olds. They don't have to pay them crap but they have no people or work experience skills either. It's all about the buck and being young and pretty!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Squellybean in Findlay, Ohio

88 months ago

LOL..Rotten, MY head IS out..I think many people need to get THEIR heads out..Again, it is NOT the Staffing Agency's responsibility to find YOU work. If in fact you are registering with them and then sitting on your butt waiting for the phone to ring, shame on you! Yes, I have worked in the Staffing Industry and I do have a 4 yr degree in Human Resource Mgmt. and I DO know that you have to use them as a tool and not as a crutch. I frequently get calls and emails from Staffing Firms (professional) wanting to run a position by me where they saw my resume online. Sometimes the position doesn't pay what I'm looking for, sometimes it's just a contract position, and there are times that I do go on interviews..but I am out and about searching for myself. If you ask anyone in the HR field, they will tell you the best way to find employment is by networking. If you don't have a "network" of friends/family /past employers, then use all the resources that you have, e.g. recruiters, newspapers, chamber of Commerce, job search sites (indeed.com). If you are registered with a staffing firm, call in and be nice and ask if they know of anyone that is looking for someone that does what you do. There were MANY times that people would call in when I was in Staffing and they were looking for positions that we didn't fill. There were also times when companies would call in and we couldn't help them because our company didn't work in THAT industry...so when the people would call in I could say "hey, I just got a call from XYZ company and they are looking for welders". It never hurts to try.put as many "feelers" out there that you can and NEVER burn bridges..even staffing agencies...they may not have anything open for you today but whose to say that tomorrow they won't!!(hence, the "use them as a tool" approach) research the staffing firms, call in and ask them if they place people in your field before you go in and register. I Do,and many of them tell me no, only clerical work

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

Give it a rest! Enough about YOU Squellybean. We are all proud of you and all your accomplishments. And a degree to boot, well shut up! Was daddy proud of you too? Maybe not proud enough? You have a lot of nerve accusing anyone who is unemployed of registering with staffing agencies and then "sitting on their butts waiting for the phone to ring". What a thing for you to say on this site! Have you ever hit the pavement on a daily basis to search for anything other than the Starbucks closest to your office? I am sure that many on this site use numerous avenues to find employment other than agencies. The issue is with how agencies conduct themselves in the business world with clients and candidates. Advertising jobs that don't exist, misrepresenting the position requirements, duties, pay, and let's not forget mining resumes for past employers in order to solicit new business. SLEAZE! Apparently, your kind use their "networks" and "special staffing relationships" to land employment. Wouldn't want you to work to hard to find a job! Now run along back to your cocktail party with your shallow Human Resource friends and agency contacts before I start to get mean. You and your opinions aren't welcome here in case you hadn't noticed. Maybe you should READ the commentary before you respond the next time you decide to put us working folk in our place.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we are talking about a particular company, not all staffing agencies. The one being discussed here is a branch of Robert Half. Look at the comments about them on their forum. A few weeks ago, they were being talked about on several legal list servs.

Now how do people all over the counry decide to single out a specific company if there is not some truth to it. Someone posted about PROFESSIONAL STAFFING RESOURCES. They are a much better agency.

I think some places just get too big for their own britches.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Puh-leez in San Diego, California

88 months ago

You do have your head up your ass. I also am in HR and agree with others regarding the employment agencies. Customer Service is DEAD. The only thing employment agencies care about is the client. They do not care about the candidates. What makes you think people who use agencies just sit back and wait for the phone to ring? Have the agencies proven they can get you a job? NO, time and time again. They do pretend they have jobs, they do mine the resumes and the candidates contact lists, they do all the things everyone is complaining about. As far as you passing on "XYZ" Company is hiring info - that doesn't happen anymore with the agencies.if it ever did. Maybe you should go back into the staffing industry and help all the unemployed get a job. This blog is not a personal attack to you or the HR profession. People just want to get a job and make a living - not be duped by the "employment" agencies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

Deborah James in Alameda, California said: Correct me if I'm wrong, but we are talking about a particular company, not all staffing agencies. The one being discussed here is a branch of Robert Half. Look at the comments about them on their forum. A few weeks ago, they were being talked about on several legal list servs.

Now how do people all over the counry decide to single out a specific company if there is not some truth to it. Someone posted about PROFESSIONAL STAFFING RESOURCES. They are a much better agency.

I think some places just get too big for their own britches.

Just so we are clear, let me name the ones I have found to be inept, lying, loathesome, scoundrels from personal experience over the years both as an employer and candidate. The Robert Half-Wits group, Or the Robert Half-Ass group as I affectionately refer to them: Robert Half International, Robert Half Legal Resources, Office Team, Accountemps. Funny thing is they claim they are one of America's most admired companies. Admired by who exactly? The rest of the shi* list includes Apple One, Ledgent, Accounting Advantage, Ajilon, Vaco Resources, Staff Works, Act-1. I know there are more that I can't think of right now so I may update this with more names later. These operations are nothing more than telemarketing centers. Actually, that is an insult to telemarketers since they at least pick up the phone and cold call. Agencies don't even do that. They pick up the phone and call your former employers for business. Kind of like vultures that pick at scraps of decaying flesh.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

Couldn't agree more. 42, I wish I was 42. Imagine how hard it is to be looking when you are two months shy of 59. Everything today is about youth. Ever notice how your fashion magazines, i.e., Allure, Glamour, Elle, etc. as well as your health and fitness magazines, Shape for one run articles on how to look good at 20, 30, 40, and stop there. Guess in my case once you hit your fifties you come invisible, not an audience they market to.

88 months ago

Puh-leez in San Diego, California said: You do have your head up your ass. I also am in HR and agree with others regarding the employment agencies.

...The only thing employment agencies care about is the client.

They don't seem to care about the clients either. I had interviews with companies that I found on Craigslist, after RH swore they were submitting my resume and then didn't. The HR people said the agency was not good. Recently, a hiring manager posted to one of the legal list servs that there certain companies they refused to do business with. This is for one of the largest law firms in the country.

When you think about it, why would a company (except for short term temp assignments) bother with agencies? I've picked up temporary jobs from Craigslist where firms are advertising for their own temporary needs. Many firms have their own temp pools.

One HR person told me that the more they used RH, the worse it was getting. Some other HR people told me that RH did not return their phone calls either.

I also agree with the post just above this one. The poster had indeed named some of the worse agencies around.

Squellybean in Findlay, Ohio

88 months ago

LOL....Rotten...now I see where you get your name on here. My father passed away when I was 15 and my mom raised 6 kids alone working 2 jobs. I put MYSELF through college and now have $30,000 in student loan debt,,,OH,,,and did you fail to read that I too am unemployeed? I think that you need to go back and re-read my original reply. I know that being unemployed is a tough thing to go through and this site is (what I thought it was for) was for inspirational pick-me-up and informational chatter. Obviously, YOU want to feel sorry for yourself and accuse others of the fact that YOU can't find work. THere are many out there that can't find work, and I was in the Staffing INdustry,,,and why do you think that I no longer am in the Staffing INdustry??????? I know that they are not always honest with you...so then quit registering with them and move on and quit complaining on here...what's done is done...oh, and by the way...this site is a free site and when I first made my original reply, there were no complaints...so YOU go and re-read Rotten.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

Very good! Did someone help you with this or did you develop the drama by yourself? You manipulated my last comment quite effectively. Guess you truly are an HR professional. My apologies. I WAS raised under similar circumstances as you described above. Boo-Hoo! So was half the country! Doesn't quite have the same impact now does it? Apparently, you think no one will see through you. As I said before, give it a rest! P.S. I found a job today, by myself, no agency, and you?

P.S.S. You smell!

Now I'm mad.....the swings! 3 o'clock (pst) on the playground....be there!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.