OfficeTeam Interview Questions.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at OfficeTeam?

Any advice on striking the right note?

Reply - Report abuse

Shannon in Phoenix, Arizona

93 months ago

I was interviewed first by Accountemps then by Officeteam. The questions are pretty basic. What kind of work are you interested in? When are you available right now? Why did you leave my previous job(s)? Have you worked w/ Access, Excel, MS Word? They test you on these as well, if you know anything else tell them and they prob. have a test for that too.
At one point he (the interviewer) played "devils advocate" and had me tell him why I would want to have such-and-such job, which was a little difficult since he had just mentioned the position. So, I was a little unprepared to demonstrate interest in something I knew very little about. Particularly since I was there trying to apply for something entirely different. (I hope thats helpful, I just had my interview today, so its fairly fresh in my mind)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Richardson, Texas

93 months ago

Shannon said: I was interviewed first by Accountemps then by Officeteam. The questions are pretty basic. What kind of work are you interested in? When are you available right now? Why did you leave my previous job(s)? Have you worked w/ Access, Excel, MS Word? They test you on these as well, if you know anything else tell them and they prob. have a test for that too.
At one point he (the interviewer) played "devils advocate" and had me tell him why I would want to have such-and-such job, which was a little difficult since he had just mentioned the position. So, I was a little unprepared to demonstrate interest in something I knew very little about. Particularly since I was there trying to apply for something entirely different. (I hope thats helpful, I just had my interview today, so its fairly fresh in my mind)

They got my name off of Monster (big Mistake to put your resume out, all the temps call, but no "direct" people). Anyhow, they weren't too concerned with my skills at all (look good! test scores great!), but said that no matter how much info I knew, if they couldn't reach my references, I was more or less "out of luck". I have been laid off. I have copies of my performance "goodbye letters", and copies of previous audits (100% compliance). The last place I worked at had a 200% turnover rate, so...good luck with refs, they'd quit!

My point? If they can't talk to a person, you are useless. But do they try or use that as an excuse to not put you in a job? Hmmmmmmmmm....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Shannon in Phoenix, Arizona

90 months ago

krishnareddy in Hyderabad, India said: please give me the msword and execl interview quastions

They just ask if your familiar with them. If you say yes you are given a test for it on the computer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

This is ridiculous in Phoenix, Arizona

85 months ago

anonymous in Richardson, Texas said: They got my name off of Monster (big Mistake to put your resume out, all the temps call, but no "direct" people). Anyhow, they weren't too concerned with my skills at all (look good! test scores great!), but said that no matter how much info I knew, if they couldn't reach my references, I was more or less "out of luck". I have been laid off. I have copies of my performance "goodbye letters", and copies of previous audits (100% compliance). The last place I worked at had a 200% turnover rate, so...good luck with refs, they'd quit!

My point? If they can't talk to a person, you are useless. But do they try or use that as an excuse to not put you in a job? Hmmmmmmmmm....

It's called Sarbanes Oxley (SOX). This company is publicly traded and is held liable for every move their temporaries make. If they don't have thorough refernces they cannot afford to take a chance. Get a written reference letter from every employer before you leave, that's the best way to handle it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.