OfficeTeam News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 127)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does OfficeTeam stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

sigg in Kimmswick, Missouri

105 months ago

Host said: What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

Office Team is a waste of your time. They have you come in to test and interview, but they never seem to have a job for you. As this one for the Executive Assistant for instance. Its advertised on the web that they need someone right away, and I have called to let them know that I am available for this assignment but as with all of their web listings of "jobs" it doesn't exist. How can they get away with advertising fake jobs? I am thinking the attorney general can do something about it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

Waste of time in Rogers, Arkansas

105 months ago

Very unprofessional... I sent my resume in and received a phone call from Office Team. I missed their call the first time they called and I called back and left a professional message for the man that had called me. He called me back that night and thought I was someone he had tried to pick up at a bar.....huh? I thought I would give them one more chance. The recruiter called me back later that week and within 30 seconds of our call and in the middle of the conversation (did I mention he called me) stop talking to finished typing a email he was working on. Why did he call me if he was typing an email??? Anyway, if I didn't want to go in for an interview, would an employer want to use their services? I don't think so... good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sonya Stewart in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

105 months ago

Office Team is not the company to work for. The rates are low and they refused to comply with a request not to withhold occupational taxes even though I provided proof they were already paid. This burdened me as well as the City of Pittsburgh and it was then I decided that this is not really a company that we need in the Pittsburgh area. I strongly recommend that no one do business with them. What goes around comes around. They will pay for their insensitivity and lack of professionalism.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Not Working for them yet! in Indianapolis, Indiana

105 months ago

All I know is that I applied 2 months ago. They had oodles of jobs listed (ones that I am qualified for) and what do you know...not ONE of them were available when I went for my interview but the same ads were posted. All I did was drive downtown, paid $7.00 for parking and absolutley nothing from them although they KEEP posting the same jobs. How do they keep going? Beats me!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Long Woman in Longmont, Colorado

105 months ago

I went in and tested, I've had two temp positions with them (a total of four days), but not in my area of expertise. They seem to post jobs they DON'T have in Colorado also. I was sent an e-mail asking me how they were doing. Aside from the receptionist being polite and resonably competent, I told them they were doing lousy and I wouldn't recommend them. If you get such an e-mail, I'd suggest letting them know, too. I wish I'd never signed up with them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Office Team Employee in Pleasanton, California

105 months ago

As an employee of Office Team in FL, I appreciate everyone's concerns. A few facts about Office Team before I proceed. Office Team a division of Robert Half International (founded 1948), is the largest specialized staffing firm in the world. We have over 300 offices of just Office Team all over the world. We have acheived that size and our positive reputation because of our professionalism, our ability to place qualified candidates, and additionally, because we are able to provide our candidates with access to not only benefits (medical and dental,active after your first paycheck with Office Team) as well as free training in numerous computer programs and professional training programs.
It is possible that your experiences are specific to the areas in which you live, for that I'm hopeful you will address your concerns accordingly with the branch that you applied through.
We are in the business of helping people find jobs, our company wouldn't survivie if we weren't successful at doing just that.
With regards to job postings, the jobs probably were active and were either filled immediately with current candidates or filled recently. Additionally, companies that contract our services will also work to fill their positions as well and perhaps they were filled by the company.
Once again, on behalf of my company, I certainly respect your individual critiques and they are always helpful for us to better our staffs. I will forward these comments on to the appropriate contacts.
I certainly hope you will reconsider your options with Office Team and perhaps consider another office close to you.
Hopefully this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Sonya Stewart in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

105 months ago

I admit that the computer testing and training programs are impressive, perhaps the best in the area. But the rates are lower than other agencies (my agency would pay me $14 for a job Office team would pay $10 for) and this is the deal breaker for those of us who temp on a regular basis.

Also, the staff is young and inexperienced and does not stay around for the long haul. This is not a good sign. I like to work with agencies where I see the same faces year after year.

And, of course, I am still peeved about having taxes withheld that I already paid and provided documentation for. That is unacceptable on so many levels that I would prefer that no one do business with Office Team and make sure I communicate this to potential temps as well as companies who hire. This is unethical and immoral. Temps are already highly underpaid. It is just wrong to withhold money that legally belongs to them and make them file with the city to get it back.

anonymous in Saint Louis, Missouri

105 months ago

I'm gald to hear that I'm not the only one who has experienced problems with Office Team. My interview and testing were a complete waste of my time!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Judy in Dayton Ohio

105 months ago

I'm sorry to hear the negative comments about Office Team. I am currently on a temp to hire assignment for Office Team. I have been told that the company I am working for wishes to hire me. I have been there 2 1/2 months. I have found that Office Team wages are fair in most cases. At least the jobs they called me for were in the ballpark. I did find that to apply on line for the jobs posted isn't the way to go. I found that if I was interested in a job, and I phoned Office Team I was more likely to be considered for the job. Keeping in contact with them is also important. That way they know whether you are available for work.
Judy in Dayton

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jill Warner in Tipp City, Ohio

105 months ago

I had applied for several jobs and after no contact I finally quite applying for positions with Office Team. One day somebody from their e-mailed me and wanted me to come in and take the test. So, I did since I am available for work. 3-4 weeks had pasts and no jobs. I had called them and they said that they couldn't get in touch with my references. Come to find out they hadn't tried at all. 3 days later they cotacted my references, and still nobody has called me for a job and in my job qualificatins their is plenty of need.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous

105 months ago

My experience with Office Team was extremely negative for all the same reasons as the other posters here and more. I can also tell there are a few concerned Office Team staff who are professional, care and voice their sides here. I did not find any of those at our local Office Team divisions. My experience with Office Team can be summarized by being placed in a bad fit assignment, working in a sweatshop environment while not being able to assist my husband during life-threatening medical issues (I didn't miss an hour, much less a day of work for fear of being fired), being fired anyway as I was demanding to be replaced on the assignment, and then a battle -- which I easily won -- to get my lawful unemployment benefits which had been in effect from a previous regular job layoff. The real eye-opener, and what anyone reading this should pay close attention to, is that when I went in for my next unemployment interview, the State worker sympathized with my experience with Office Team, said they had a horrible reputation, was glad I didn't work for them anymore and that under no circumstances did I have to try to work for them again. And that, folks, says it all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Linda-Cedar Rapids, IA in Cedar Rapids, Iowa

105 months ago

[You are one of the lucky ones. I agree with most all of the comments, Office Team is terrible.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Disgusted in Kalamazoo, Michigan

105 months ago

Office team, Accounttemps, Robert Half--all under the same bubble. I have done everything they have asked me to do for months. And to what result? Nothing. This temp staffing firms--I think they just worry about having a roster of people to justify their jobs. No help to common people. Really a waste of everyones time. Dont waste your time testing--they offer no more that lip service.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dumped on in Dallas in Dallas, Texas

105 months ago

I went weeks with no assignment. I called weekly, emailed my recruiter, and did the online courses my recruiter recommended for me.

After weeks, I finally was given an assignment. Then, well, the employer decided to hire someone else.

So back to calling and waiting...after a few weeks, I got a call for a job. But this employer required additional references and drug test. I had to go back in a fill out pages and pages of forms, and a detailed outline of my self-employment covering 10 years (including names of clients). Then I had to spend 2 hours getting a drug test. Mind you I was told this was an emergency vacancy and I had to do all this THAT DAY. (I was told I passed the drug test and the additional screening)

Well, then I waited and called, waited and called, waited and called. No response. It took me a week to get someone to call me and tell me why I hadn't started the job. I was told the employer decided not to hire a temp!

So I was back to calling in availability. After another couple of weeks, I received another call for a position--for the same job I got burned on the first time! I didn't have to fill out more paperwork, but they sent me for another drug test that this employer required. I was sent to a lab across town. I sat there for 3 hours but never could take the test because Office Team didn't fax them the form! After all that, my recruiter told me, "oops!! You didn't actually need another drug test."

I worked that assignment only 4 hours because it was doing straight data entry after I told them I didn't want to do data entry. I happened to meet the person who got the job the first time I was burned. She told me she filled out an application and had her interview and got that job (my job) that same day. I had been calling in for weeks, and she got placed the same day? Then another temp at that job told me she got placed within 24 hours.

Well, they were both twenty-something and cute. I'm "well-seasoned." Read between the lines.

Anonymous in Fort Wayne, Indiana

105 months ago

I have been very lucky with OfficeTeam in terms of placement -- 15 months at the same position. Of course a lot of that has to do with the VP I am supporting pressuring her company to keep extending my contract.

My biggest issue is that OdfficeTeam is so concerned with not upsetting the client, admittedly a large one, that they have not followed through on things they promised me when I started. They told me they would continue to search for a permanent or temp-to-perm position for me (the position I am working at will never go permanent even after I have been here over a year). However, whenever they post something, I have to beg them to consider me for it -- even postings for which I have great qualifications. Then they say they will submit me with absolutely zero follow-up. When it looked like my contract was not going to be extended the last time, I was assured they would "keep their eyes open" for me, but I never had one nibble.

I understand that the client companies foot the bill, but they really should not promise me things that they know they won't deliver.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

women w/o da white sheets in Birmingham, Alabama

105 months ago

We are now 'cruiting qualified white people only for de's here pozisions. Please now white folks only-dem colords are not welcum...hurr up n lock da doors for da try to git in da buildin.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

New Girl in Daytona Beach, Florida

105 months ago

OfficeTeam is definitely posting false job opportunities. I submitted my resume for job they had on their online job database and received no call back. I am a career executive assistant with probably more polish and expertise than anyone I have ever seen working at OfficeTeam. Frustrated, I called the agency, did get a call back that day, was convinced they had immediate openings and arranged an interview for the next business day. Yeah right, immediate openings... total B*S. I interviewed with the first girl (btw- the guy who called me never bothered to meet me), and the girl looked at me as if I was asking for a million dollars a day when I asked to be paid what is normal for the area. She said, "good luck, keep looking out there." Her work mate (I won't even say colleague, as it just seems like a bunch of high school kids playing grown up in bad suits and too tight tops and just cheap and tacky), anyhow, her work mate came in and told me that they had no opportunities that fit my criteria, which was very open, and sent me on my way. I can't believe all those wonderful opportunities were immediately taken... not even an entire business day past when there were no opportunities for me left!!

FAKE JOB POSTINGS!!!!!

I was pretty pissed off to have wasted half my day interviewing with some unskilled "recruiters" that didn't even bother to read my resume (proof was they kept asking me the same questions that would have been all answered should they have even glanced at it!). Wasted my time with the people, filling out more paperwork than to even get a passport and all the paperwork is repetitive! The tests are a complete waste of time and you have to be a complete MORON to not do well. ANNOYING and INSULTING!!

Ridiculous place, terrible service, and dishonest business practices.

I really think a class action lawsuit is in order, otherwise they will keep getting away with this!!

I am so sorry for all of you (and me) for such a **** experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Rose in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

105 months ago

I don't work for OT anymore because I was hired into my employer. I never had a problem with them! As far as not getting a position with them, sometimes the way you present yourself has everything to do with why you do or do not get the job. First of all, did you dress up for the interview, and smile? If you treat the receptionist or berate the recruiter, do you really think they will want to find you something? I sat in the office waiting to talk to a recruiter and I noticed how some of the other candidates treated the receptionist. How would you feel if you were in their shoes? They ask you those questions to be certain that you do have the experience--sometimes people build up their resume and say they have experience that they don't have! Also, OT shouldn't be your only source for finding FT employment. You should also be looking on your own. The customers set their pricing on what they are going to pay you, not OT. Sometimes, if you want to get your foot in the door for a good company, you may have to take less money for the opportunity. They mark up the bill rate after the customer says how much they are willing to pay you.

It really is all based on what the customer wants. After I was hired in, I only got a 25 cent raise. I was happy for the opportunity in this job market and most people should be. If they aren't perhaps that is why they are out of work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Connie in Cincinnati, OH in Cincinnati, Ohio

105 months ago

I have had no luck with OfficeTeam. I tested extremely high, have experience and a good set of references, but I have not had an assignment. They said they would send my resume to their technology division and never followed up. I interviewed once and waited in line with over 10 other women just to be told I was overqualified for the position. Didn't they know my qualifications? This is not a good way to go in your job search.

MP in Pleasanton, California

104 months ago

OfficeTeam is going to continue to thrive and grow. They are not the largest Staffing Agency in the World for no reason. You have to come to the table with skills and be able to work in any work enviorment. Don't come into the office with a chip on your shoulder. They do not promise you a job, they are there to help you find the best possible fit. Grow your skills, get real work experience and act like an adult. It's up to you not someone else to make your life better.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

hawkins

104 months ago

OfficeTeam is going to continue to thrive and grow. They are not the largest Staffing Agency in the World for no reason. You have to come to the table with skills and be able to work in any work enviorment. Don't come into the office with a chip on your shoulder. They do not promise you a job, they are there to help you find the best possible fit. Grow your skills, get real work experience and act like an adult. It's up to you not someone else to make your life better. (Blah Blah Blah).

MP in California, your just trying to justify this *hitty operation referred to as Office Team. I am sure they hire you to scour websites to make sure that their image is pure and polished. We all have the real story, OF wastes professional candidates time with testing and never have any temp jobs available. Isn't that what your in the business of, Temporary Work? It my opinion as others here have posted its FRAUD, bate and switch, BS, etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Small Town near Big Town in Fuquay Varina, North Carolina

104 months ago

Office Team Employee said: As an employee of Office Team in FL, I appreciate everyone's concerns. A few facts about Office Team before I proceed. Office Team a division of Robert Half International (founded 1948), is the largest specialized staffing firm in the world. We have over 300 offices of just Office Team all over the world. We have acheived that size and our positive reputation because of our professionalism, our ability to place qualified candidates, and additionally, because we are able to provide our candidates with access to not only benefits (medical and dental,active after your first paycheck with Office Team) as well as free training in numerous computer programs and professional training programs.
It is possible that your experiences are specific to the areas in which you live, for that I'm hopeful you will address your concerns accordingly with the branch that you applied through.
We are in the business of helping people find jobs, our company wouldn't survivie if we weren't successful at doing just that.
With regards to job postings, the jobs probably were active and were either filled immediately with current candidates or filled recently. Additionally, companies that contract our services will also work to fill their positions as well and perhaps they were filled by the company.
Once again, on behalf of my company, I certainly respect your individual critiques and they are always helpful for us to better our staffs. I will forward these comments on to the appropriate contacts.
I certainly hope you will reconsider your options with Office Team and perhaps consider another office close to you.
Hopefully this helps.
Thanks for the laugh. If you've looked at the other admin forums, you'll see RHI, AccounTemps, OfficeTeam are being blasted coast to coast. My experience; over a 6 month period, recruiter changeover is high. They trade job placement tasks weekly. No consisttency for a job seeker.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

There's No 'I" in Team in Southfield, Michigan

104 months ago

The Chicago area Office Team I worked with was bad. The recruiters won't give you the time of day, claiming they work as a team. However, when I would ask one of the recruiters a question (for the primary recruiter I worked with was NEVER available), he wouldn't know anything about the job, my resume, or my interview. I would call them for interview feedback, but no one would ever call me back, but when they want you, they will call you to no end. It just doesn't make sense. The bad thing for them is that I work in human resource management, and I would never use them as a staffing firm if I need one to fill positions...they would be used as an example of how NOT to conduct business.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Person with a good job in Pleasanton, California

104 months ago

Have you ever thought you didn't get the job because you are not a good candidate? Seems to me that Robert Half, or whoever, made a wise decision in not placing all you whiners. Here's a thought- if you don't get the job through Robert Half- get the job yourself! I am pretty sure that Robert Half folks don't lose any sleep over your dumb posts on a job board site.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Small Town near Big Town in Raleigh, North Carolina

104 months ago

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. However, taking a 50% cut in pay is not whining - OfficeTeam gets what they pay for. When I find out that recruiters can't negotiate reasonable salaries, re-test because they can't find files from 2 months ago, are not aware of job placements AND come and go faster than the door can close, something is wrong with the office, not the job seekers. Enough time on this.

Donna in Pleasanton, California

104 months ago

Look at your typing/spelling. Might be a clue as to why you weren't called..

104 months ago

Jill, I feel for you, I really do. I think you've been typing late at night after doing too much work - like quite a few of us on the forums. Oh except the special few who are perfect.

Keep believing in yourself and try to move on from this company that MANY have stated aren't helping. Re-direct this energy into another company that will work with you. There are still some out there.

104 months ago

Donna said: Look at your typing/spelling. Might be a clue as to why you weren't called..

You know, maybe you're right. Look at your responses. Must be really difficult to be so superior all the time. Like has been said so many times in other forums, OfficeTeam, RHI - same zebra, different colors. These companies aren't worth the time and you aren't either any more.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

There's No 'I" in Team in Southfield, Michigan

104 months ago

You're right...I wasn't a good candidate. Coming to the office for first, second, and third interviews for the same company makes me a GREAT candidate. But that's not the point. The point is that Office Team has a serious problem with follow up/customer service. When you are a staffing firm (no matter the size or reputation), you have to be mindful that the candidates you work with today may easily become a client for you in the future. Customer service must be a strong focus for BOTH parties. And let's remember the point of discussion boards - you can express your opinions good or bad. You can support Office Team all you want, but in the end, they are probably not paying you to give them a sparkling endorsement, and at the looks of this particular board, your opinion of Office Team is falling on deaf ears.

I wish everyone the best!

Lisa in Hollywood, Florida

104 months ago

Amen. I agree with everything you said

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Anon in Plainfield, Illinois

104 months ago

Donna said: Look at your typing/spelling. Might be a clue as to why you weren't called..

People who have experience trying to get a job through RHI should be able to post there comments freely without someone from there corporate office in Pleasanton attacking everyone for expressing how they feel.

104 months ago

Anon said:
People who have experience trying to get a job through RHI should be able to post there comments freely without someone from there corporate office in Pleasanton attacking everyone for expressing how they feel.

Right there with you. After 5 hours or job searching, and needing a break, I veiwed other RH forums and found Pleasanton all over the place. It's amazing how loud this person is. Why say person, because he/she is all over the RHI, etc. forums with male, female, etc. names. In one forum, replies about how good an Indiana office is. Umm, isn't he/she in CA?

Point being: let's get back to the real purpose of forums: giving useful feedback and accurate info about what to watch out for - whether it's an agency, updating resume, interview pitfalls, etc.
I can't blanket - blast all agencies, there are some good ones, really professionals out there.

Plainfield - Thanks for the chuckle. You ROCK !!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

104 months ago

Small Town near Big Town said:
Right there with you. After 5 hours or job searching, and needing a break, I veiwed other RH forums and found Pleasanton all over the place. It's amazing how loud this person is. Why say person, because he/she is all over the RHI, etc. forums with male, female, etc. names. In one forum, replies about how good an Indiana office is. Umm, isn't he/she in CA?
Point being: let's get back to the real purpose of forums: giving useful feedback and accurate info about what to watch out for - whether it's an agency, updating resume, interview pitfalls, etc.
I can't blanket - blast all agencies, there are some good ones, really professionals out there.
Plainfield - Thanks for the chuckle. You ROCK !!

PS: Don't knock my spelling - it's Saturday.

hawkins

104 months ago

I am sure that as most of us here, we are all professional when it comes to going for an "interview". I don't know what Rose has for breakfast everyday, but its not about how "bubbly" one can be to the receptionist on whether Office Team is going to call you for a job or not. I wear a suit and go with extra copies of my resume and always have the best interview attitude. I have degrees out the wazo and excellent computer skills. Believe me, OF doesn't have a clue of how to place anyone. I am only looking for a paycheck while I find myself a job. I am not relying on OF. Any positions they have called me for were totally not what I explained to them in my interview. So tell me who is unprofessional here? Temp work is just that a temporary assignment for a few days or weeks for income, nothing more. You do a great job for the client and in return you earn your check. OF outright lies to candidates and I am sure that is most of the bitching on this forum.

Alicia in Denver, Colorado

104 months ago

Sonya Stewart said: I admit that the computer testing and training programs are impressive, perhaps the best in the area. But the rates are lower than other agencies (my agency would pay me $14 for a job Office team would pay $10 for) and this is the deal breaker for those of us who temp on a regular basis.
Also, the staff is young and inexperienced and does not stay around for the long haul. This is not a good sign. I like to work with agencies where I see the same faces year after year.
And, of course, I am still peeved about having taxes withheld that I already paid and provided documentation for. That is unacceptable on so many levels that I would prefer that no one do business with Office Team and make sure I communicate this to potential temps as well as companies who hire. This is unethical and immoral. Temps are already highly underpaid. It is just wrong to withhold money that legally belongs to them and make them file with the city to get it back.

AGREED! I was given an option to be a receptionist at some autobody shop for 11 dollars an hour, when I had requested 13. When I told the woman on the phone that I would not take it because it didn't pay enough, she told me that my resume was "jumpy" and I didn't have good enough skills. Hmm...I've been temping for two years, perhaps that's why it's jumpy? AND I have a college degree. I didn't go to college to get paid 11 bucks an hour.

Margaret Fong in Novato, California

104 months ago

Host said: What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

Margaret Fong in Novato, California

104 months ago

Margaret Fong said:
I think that they are going to thrive. I have been to other agencies and all they do is is put me on the waiting list. So far OfficeTeam have been keeping me sort of busy. it depends on what the clients want. So I do hope that they have it for me soon.

lisa in Chattanooga, Tennessee

104 months ago

What happened to my post from yesterday???? Is that how business is conducted? Delete the negative comments? I was called for a job not even CLOSE to what I interviewed for. People have the right to know what they're getting into when they work with Office Team.

Bridgette in Limekiln, Pennsylvania

104 months ago

lisa said: What happened to my post from yesterday???? Is that how business is conducted? Delete the negative comments? QUOTE]

Looks like you're right, they delete negative comments. I posted a fairly lengthy reply to your comment yesterday. . .it definitely was not an ode to joy with respect to OfficeTeam, but was well-written, no profanity, respectfully phrased within the constraints of saying that a specific one of their offices is really bad . . . and that comment is gone too.

anonymous in Richardson, Texas

104 months ago

I have been in your shoes!! They don't care about your issues. You want to work, a career. They want your info so they can say how many people come to them. Percentage of market thing, I guess. They put up "fake" jobs becuase honest people like us will waste their time thinking they have a way to make an honest living.

Yes, been there, done that!!

(I live in Knoxville, TN and got a job from a recruiter about a job in Boston, MA today!!!!)

They don't read and don't care!!!!!

sigg said:
Office Team is a waste of your time. They have you come in to test and interview, but they never seem to have a job for you. As this one for the Executive Assistant for instance. Its advertised on the web that they need someone right away, and I have called to let them know that I am available for this assignment but as with all of their web listings of "jobs" it doesn't exist. How can they get away with advertising fake jobs? I am thinking the attorney general can do something about it.

Emily Alexander in Franklin, Tennessee

103 months ago

Office Team Employee said: As an employee of Office Team in FL, I appreciate everyone's concerns. A few facts about Office Team before I proceed. Office Team a division of Robert Half International (founded 1948), is the largest specialized staffing firm in the world. We have over 300 offices of just Office Team all over the world. We have acheived that size and our positive reputation because of our professionalism, our ability to place qualified candidates, and additionally, because we are able to provide our candidates with access to not only benefits (medical and dental,active after your first paycheck with Office Team) as well as free training in numerous computer programs and professional training programs.
Hopefully this helps.

You're kidding. You must want to stand out as a good employee. Your company is A JOKE...funny, I typed a derogatory post about OfficeTeam a week ago & poof-it's gone. Afraid of the truth? You are salespeople. Sure, OT can find you a $40k job, after you work for them 1000 hours @$12/hr & you bill the co $30/hr.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

aggravated with temp agencies as well!!

103 months ago

and who were you referring to, normal people that do make mistakes here and there, and please let us know that you have never made a mistake!!!!!

me in Richardson, Texas

103 months ago

To the Office Team Employee:
I went to OT here. My last supervisor will be out indefinately with an illness. I have other ref that have checked out [very well], but b/c she is sick, they won't place me. They won't even speak to the HR office at the same company. Now, that is BAD. I have a college degree, am MS Office certified, scored high on my exams AND had 5 other references check out.

OFFICE TEAM HAS A PROBLEM!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Elizabeth McLaughlin in Sparta, New Jersey

103 months ago

anonymous said: I'm gald to hear that I'm not the only one who has experienced problems with Office Team. My interview and testing were a complete waste of my time!

I wasted my time too. And found that the keyboard equipment for testing was very slow, clunky keyboards. I would not waste my time. I find it best to go directly to the company and negotiate from there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Sunnyvale, California

103 months ago

Small Town near Big Town said:
You know, maybe you're right. Look at your responses. Must be really difficult to be so superior all the time. Like has been said so many times in other forums, OfficeTeam, RHI - same zebra, different colors. These companies aren't worth the time and you aren't either any more.

Donna, get off your high-horse. Another ego-maniac at Robert Half treating candidates like they are dirt. You just inherited accounts from people who no longer work there and are now making a killing. Try getting a real recruiting job you loser! RHI has brainwashed your sorry butt. I feel sorry for you!!!

Megan in Scottsdale, Arizona

103 months ago

I feel for those who come across the many difficulties with Staffing agencies. But its time to open your eyes and realize that sometimes the world takes a break from revolving around you and decides to create its own axis. Here is the deal... the positions that are discussed and advertised are not fake, they say "hiring asap" because they ARE "hiring asap". For those people that think they are the most amazing creation the hit the earth and are actually shocked when their resume doesn't get chosen out of the hundred other god-sent applicants all I have to say is: "quit crying, and keep trying" because you dont get ahead in life off of your tears and sobs, but only by your sweat and blood.

me in Richardson, Texas

103 months ago

You must work for Office Team

Oh? in Fuquay Varina, North Carolina

103 months ago

Megan said:
I feel for those who come across the many difficulties with Staffing agencies... yada, yada, blah, blah, ... but only by your sweat and blood.

I agree with TX - sounds like another OT groupie.

Watch out for that pedestal growing underneath you. With each breath you take, that first fall off could be a doozy. We are working hard to get jobs, so, don't minimize people's efforts just because they may not meet your standards.

Megan in Scottsdale, Arizona

103 months ago

Sorry to burst your bubble OH?, but you have no idea how ignorant your ranting is. I dont work for OT and I don't give a rats ass if you find a job or end up living under a bridge. either way you will still be a bitter, cynical jerk who doesn't deserve the delights of a real world career. I know were I have been in life and my lows were extreme. I do feel for those who are striving to find a job because i spent 4 years digging myself out of hell just to get to where I am today. Here is just a little suggestion to you you, from here on my "pedastal"... Like everything worth having in life you have to work harder than you imagine if you really want to achieve it and instead of bitching about the things you can't change; Change those things that you can...

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.