OfficeTeam A Waste Of Your Time

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Feed Up In NJ in Newark, New Jersey

80 months ago

I began to suspect that there was something funny about Office Team when every time I applied for one of their positions, I received an email reply stating "They would contact me If a suitable position were to materialize". What happened to the positions that I thought I was applying for? In most of these cases, the job descriptions fit my background perfectly.

I then saw an ad for an Office Team "Office Manager" position. Instead of applying online, I faxed my resume (which showed that I was more than qualified for the job) directly to the contact person at Office Team. I received an e-mail reply from her asking that I send a Word version of my resume so that it could be entered into their database. I explained that I wasn't interested in being placed into a database. I wanted to setup an interview with the hiring company. I stated the exact position I was applying for along with the reference number for the job. I received a reply back stating that they didn't have an "Office Manager" position available.

This is false advertising and a waste of the job seeker's time. I think that the only way for us to deal with organizations like the Office Team is to just stay clear of them....and with some luck, they will simply go out of business. Do not waste your time applying for any of their posted positions. You might hear from them once.....so that they can call you into their office and look you over. After that, you're just another resume in database.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nidan in Ohio

80 months ago

They keep jobs posted out there so people apply for them, and in turn they can bring people in for interviews so they can reach their weekly goals. The OT people are idiots, that's who they hire. They'll keep the more appealing jobs posted so they can bring in better candidates.

Also, they'll send those automatic responses if you're too qualified, you're somehow in their database, or they just don't want to call people.

If you want a job bad enough. Find another company. OT/RHI are all about the numbers, they don't care one bit about the people they're employing. If you find a "permanent" job while you're temping, they'll get upset with you. If you don't like where you're temping they'll force you to stay there and pretty much threaten you with "well, we won't be able to find another position if you leave this one."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Barb in Cleveland, Ohio

79 months ago

nidan in Ohio said: They keep jobs posted out there so people apply for them, and in turn they can bring people in for interviews so they can reach their weekly goals. The OT people are idiots, that's who they hire. They'll keep the more appealing jobs posted so they can bring in better candidates.

Also, they'll send those automatic responses if you're too qualified, you're somehow in their database, or they just don't want to call people.

If you want a job bad enough. Find another company. OT/RHI are all about the numbers, they don't care one bit about the people they're employing. If you find a "permanent" job while you're temping, they'll get upset with you. If you don't like where you're temping they'll force you to stay there and pretty much threaten you with "well, we won't be able to find another position if you leave this one."

Office Team in Cleveland Ohio is a waste of time. They are unprofessional and illogical!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Lupe Gonzalez in Plano, Texas

67 months ago

I wish more people would avoid temp agencies, it might hurt their business eventually.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

davehilti in Rochester, New York

64 months ago

I agree with all the above...I applied for a position I was over qualified for and received an email stating there are no positions available for which I would qualify. Total sham! They deserve to be avoided.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.