Stay away from The Creative Group! ALSO CONNECTED WITH RHI!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 110 of 110)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

Copywriter in Denver, Colorado

15 months ago

So, here's my Creative Group, Denver story. Really impressed at first. I moved to Denver and the recruiter I worked with was very personable and amazing. She found me a six month temp to hire job within a week.

Problem was that I hated the position--the company oversold me and the job ended up being completely different than they had described. I let TCG know I wanted out. They tried to convince me to stay for a certain amount of time. They are on the client side, not on the creative side--that's just their job. Other creative agencies strike a balance between advocating for both. That wasn't my experience here. After two weeks, my contract at the company I didn't like was suddenly terminated by them with no explanation. My feeling was that someone from TCG was in conversations with the client even though they told me they were keeping it "confidential" and had "no idea" what had happened.

They found me a new position to interview for immediately, to their credit. Loved the agency but not the job description during the interview. I decided I didn't want it, because there was no chance it would go permanent and it was a grueling amount of work for almost half a year with little to show for it at the end. But for some reason with TCG you always feel coerced into taking jobs no one else wants. It has seemed impossible, so far, through them to find a job that is actually desirable and without multiple red flags. It has been my experience that they will try to place you in the difficult, challenging positions that no one really wants first. So be your own advocate! Hold out for what you want. Take charge of the types of positions you'll interview for and those you'll refuse, because once you become part of the interview process they seem to take offense if you drop out, even before being offered/accepting the position.

But interviews are like dating--it's try-out time. You certainly don't have to marry every job you're offered.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Copywriter in Denver, Colorado

15 months ago

I should add that I would definitely recommend them to people who are new to the area and just getting started on their job search. They will work hard to find you something well-paying...just make sure it's a good fit for what you want. Just go on knowing exactly what you want...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

CJ in Haddonfield, New Jersey

12 months ago

Rob in Denver, Colorado said: Their jobs are BOGUS TOO! I've sent my resume and am highly qualified as a website designer . They never ONCE called me about one assignment of which I had ALL the qualifications! I probably (wasted my timme) applied to about 20 jobsw so far. I don't waste my time anymore just so they CAN COLLECT RESUMES!!!

I do agree, that's why I googled this question just to see if anyone else felt the same way and had the same response (no response) from them. I have posted my resume to enough positions with them and had placed some follow up calls to introduce myself further and ... nothing. Absolutly NO RESPONSE... ever! From here on I will never post to any position again with The Creative Group - a complete waste of time. Agencies should work for you, with you and at least acknowledge you when you are completely qualified for these positions not ignore you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Craig035 in Boston, Massachusetts

12 months ago

It seems like the people I talk to in recruiting agencies are mostly kids - clueless recent college grads doing a summer internship and cold calling between their facebooking and tweeting.

It's annoying to feel that some child has a direct influence on my financial well being. I doubt they have any idea or actually care that they can negatively affect people's lives with their stupidity.

I wish employers would wise up and do their own recruiting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cecelia in New York, New York

12 months ago

Have had horrible experiences with their Manhattan offices, which has had a spectacular turnover (five "bookers" handling jobs in my field during the last twelve months). While I am frequently placed by other agencies I have yet to meet anyone on the job who has ever been placed through the Creative Group.

And I am SO tired of Ashley Westbrook contacting me about "opportunities" and then ducking my phone calls and e-mails. It's rude and she's a fool.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Najee12 in Shelby, North Carolina

10 months ago

You should not waste your time with this company. I registered with this company in Charlotte, N.C., more than a year ago and I have yet to hear from them on positions for which I am more than qualified (I have more than 18 years of professional experience in design and presentation, journalism, sales and marketing).

It is the classic recruiting scam. You submit a resume and then someone calls you to drive to downtown Charlotte for an appointment. Here's how the appointment went:

10:10 AM: parked my car in parking deck
10:20 AM: got to office
10:30 AM: appointment time
10:40 AM: was taken by receptionist to room to fill out/review/sign off on paperwork previously completed in office in 2012
10:48 AM: completed paperwork
10:48 AM - 11:10 AM: waited alone in meeting room
11:10 AM: recruiter arrived
11:10 AM - 11:20 AM: reviewed resume and goals
11:30 AM: back in car

The "recruiter" Amy was fixated on my newspaper experience from several jobs ago; she kept saying "We don't usually don't get calls from employers in the journalism field." She continually ignored that I had not worked with a newspaper in nearly a decade. She continually asked pre-screened questions and questioned my experience to the point of being nearly insulting. Moreover, when I asked her questions about her background it was very clear she was very inexperienced (a look at her LinkedIn account revealed that prior to working for Robert Half she worked previously as a box office manager for a theater and as a production assistant for another theater -- likely as college internships).

In addition to the wait time, the company doesn't validate for parking. As someone who was unemployed and looking for work, having to pay for parking is a huge problem. I ended up having to pay $15...which for a 10 minute interview was rather disheartening.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jim S in Trenton, New Jersey

10 months ago

I can't speak to the truth of what others have written here, but I can tell you my truth. Thanks to Robert Half I have a very good full-time job now. They got me in as a temp, and in 3 months I was hired.

So if you're looking for work, these people CAN help you. Maybe they WON'T, but they CAN. In which case--what have you got to lose?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

cdono in Matawan, New Jersey

1 month ago

I registered with TCG in NJ last year. I have applied for numerous positions that I was fully qualified for. Most of the time, I receive no response; on those rare occasions where I do get a call back, the job description mysteriously changes and I am no longer qualified. They play a game of bait & switch. I have had one in-person and three phone meet and greet interviews with them, and nothing ever happens. THIS IS A SCAM! I don't know if the account reps have quotas or if they are using resumes to get listings, but they sure as hell are not looking to get you a job. Stay away from this company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Creative in Absecon, New Jersey

5 days ago

With all due respect, my experience with The Creative Group in Philadelphia has been a huge disappointment and a waste of time. My first representative was nearly impossible to get in touch with. All calls went to voicemail and were never returned. Months after I had given up on them, I received an email informing me that my first representative was no longer with the company and that the person sending the email would be contacting me. At first it gave me some false hope that maybe the first person was just an isolated bad experience and that this new person would be different. He wasn't. It was the same drill, all calls go to voicemail, and no return calls. I really had hoped TCG would be what they promised they would be, but instead have found they are not only not what they promised, but unprofessional and lack any common courtesy.

Internet Artisan in Chicago, Illinois

5 days ago

I'd tell any of you to take staffing/recruiting companies with a grain of salt.

For the last few years, I'd get plenty if emails on LinkedIn from recruiters, looking to see if I'm job-hunting. I'd respond "no" and let them know I'd hit them up if anything changes. Recently I now started job hunting again, figuring I'd hit up all those contacts...but pretty much ALL of them have left recruiting and taken new jobs elsewhere. What does that tell you?

I'm finding that it can't hurt to hit up a few recruiters in the hopes for leads, but you can clearly see these companies hire many "green" people hardbent to make those commissions, and with the hell of trying to get companies to go from "seeking" to "hiring", it's no shock many of these recruiters move on to other jobs.

Also, I'm noticing many companies who rely on recruitment agencies seemingly have crappy openings and horrible culture. They are mainly agencies who double as underpaying white collar sweatshops, and have a bad enough rep that normal job postings won't bring them quality applicants.

As I said, take recruiters with a grain of salt. Don't completely rely on them, and never sign any exclusivity agreements...even if it means they won't work with you. They still need you more than you need them.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.