Office Team Lies to Their Employees

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

employee in Dayton, Ohio

83 months ago

I worked for Office Team. First they would tell me I would get a decent pay rate. When I would get my paycheck, it would always be less than we agreed. They refuse to put anything on paperwork as a legal agreement. Then they say you must have misunderstood, even though I checked on several occassions with different employees. Plus, they do not pay you on time. I signed up for direct deposit because they said the mail was slow. With direct deposit, I still had to call several times to complain about not being paid. They would deposit my pay several weeks late. I've never been paid on time. Don't work for them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

shakeem in Brighton, Massachusetts

83 months ago

lol
office team is the worst company in the world.
I've learned my lesson with them though, never again

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Aimee in Kalamazoo, Michigan

82 months ago

employee in Dayton, Ohio said: I worked for Office Team. First they would tell me I would get a decent pay rate. When I would get my paycheck, it would always be less than we agreed. They refuse to put anything on paperwork as a legal agreement. Then they say you must have misunderstood, even though I checked on several occassions with different employees. Plus, they do not pay you on time. I signed up for direct deposit because they said the mail was slow. With direct deposit, I still had to call several times to complain about not being paid. They would deposit my pay several weeks late. I've never been paid on time. Don't work for them.

I have worked for them for 2 years now in temp. positions. Now, they have a new staffing manager in the kalamazoo office and i have been lied to repeatedly. Same thing...the rate of pay is lower than what I was told it would be. Plus, the position I am in now is suppose to be temp to hire with in 2-3 months. I have been here for 4 1/2 months. Then they told me 90 working days. It has been over 100 working days. Now they are wanting to charge the company I am working for, thousands of dollars to hire me in. But yet they told me they are on "MY" side negotiating for me. HA!
My pay always comes on time though, on WED. through the mail, except on holiday weeks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

RichP in Bridgewater, New Jersey

72 months ago

Officeteam should be called Officeream- wow, I had a 3 month commitment from a pharma company for HR work and they had me clean closets and move boxes and when all the heavy lifting was done they terminated me with a phone call to the temp agency after i had left on Friday. I still haven't received my paychecks and when i said i had worked 42 hours the week prior they called my supervisor for the approval and she asked what days did I work late? I have a college degree and they said the pay was going to be 15 but they later said 12. If you work for these people prepare to get shafted. OfficeReam.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

sean dublin in Spring Hill, Florida

38 months ago

Yes they do lie about the rate of pay. I was told $18 an hour(which is high for them).

Got the first check and it was $16 an hour.

When I called them about it the rep denied saying it was $18 and I must have heard wrong?????????

I was more annoyed about being lied to than the $2 difference. I know what I was told.

I was stuck because it was a long term assignment and I knew it paid more than most of their jobs.

I just hate being lied to and having your intelligence insulted by saying you got it wrong.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Mildred Lyons in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

25 months ago

employee in Dayton, Ohio said: I worked for Office Team. First they would tell me I would get a decent pay rate. When I would get my paycheck, it would always be less than we agreed. They refuse to put anything on paperwork as a legal agreement. Then they say you must have misunderstood, even though I checked on several occassions with different employees. Plus, they do not pay you on time. I signed up for direct deposit because they said the mail was slow. With direct deposit, I still had to call several times to complain about not being paid. They would deposit my pay several weeks late.nedever been paid on time. Don't work for them.

Well at least you got a job, I called and called and it was always "there is nothing available" yet they would have all types of jobs posted on line. I think it's because of my age. It can't be my skills because I do have skills to do Data Entry and office so anything else is gravy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cromaxgal in Dayton, Ohio

4 months ago

employee in Dayton, Ohio said: I worked for Office Team. First they would tell me I would get a decent pay rate. When I would get my paycheck, it would always be less than we agreed. They refuse to put anything on paperwork as a legal agreement. Then they say you must have misunderstood, even though I checked on several occassions with different employees. Plus, they do not pay you on time. I signed up for direct deposit because they said the mail was slow. With direct deposit, I still had to call several times to complain about not being paid. They would deposit my pay several weeks late. I've never been paid on time. Don't work for them.

All you have to do to get them to pay on time, is called the state's labor board and file a complaint.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Cromaxgal in Dayton, Ohio

4 months ago

RichP in Bridgewater, New Jersey said: Officeteam should be called Officeream- wow, I had a 3 month commitment from a pharma company for HR work and they had me clean closets and move boxes and when all the heavy lifting was done they terminated me with a phone call to the temp agency after i had left on Friday. I still haven't received my paychecks and when i said i had worked 42 hours the week prior they called my supervisor for the approval and she asked what days did I work late? I have a college degree and they said the pay was going to be 15 but they later said 12. If you work for these people prepare to get shafted. OfficeReam.

File a complaint with the State Labor Board and for every day you aren't paid, Office Team will have to pay you the average of what you were not paid.

Indie_One in Wichita, Kansas

4 months ago

Sounds like a dishonest company.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.