Old National Bank News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

What do you think - will Old National Bank grow fast? Are they expanding their staff? How does Old National Bank stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

Dickhead in North Richland Hills, Texas

71 months ago

I noticed the same thing...lot of hiring when you would think that all Financial companies should be hurting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Don-e in Indianapolis, Indiana

51 months ago

Old National Bank bought the Indiana Division of RBS Citizens "Charter One" last year. They are growing in that sense but I believe they bit off more than they can chew. They've started to close Charter One branches and lay people off. I wouldn't say they're "expanding staff". They've closed several branches and have let some branch and support staff go. They had a hiring freeze for a month or two but due to the lay offs many employees have left the company. When I was in the process of looking for other jobs other banks HR reps told me that they were getting an unusually large number of Old National applications. Even though this is happening I think that Old National tries to do what's best for the company. Many of the people let go should have been let go years ago. The branches that closed didn't have the deposit growth or profit to support keeping them open.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.