What's the company culture at OLD NAVY?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at OLD NAVY?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at OLD NAVY?

Reply - Report abuse

host2 in Eugene, Oregon

88 months ago

Old Navy's Dress code is quite casual. You can pretty much wear anything you like other then tank tops, unintential ripped jeans or clothing, Shorts/skirts that are shorter that six inches. I'm not sure about other old Navys but the one i work at in Eugene, OR has a special thing we do every month. Wither its celebrating all our employees birthdays that share that months birthday on the last saturday of the month or having little pot lucks on holidays such as valentines day or st patty's day. It's a really down to earth place to work, the only downside to the job is the irrational customers you face and recovering sections such as clearence. Other than that, I would deff recommend getting a job there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

j in San Francisco, California

88 months ago

Host said: Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at OLD NAVY?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

it's san francisco, so you have the executives, the casual dressers, the hipsters. it's a very tolerant culture and everybody is encouraged to speak their minds and value eachother's opinion. i should know, i've been there for 7 years and work for the old navy division. it's where most of the younger generation employees work, especiall in the merchandising, planning, production and design departments. we have company functions like margarita parties, wine parties etc... teams go out to lunch, happy hour, etc.. lots of friends to make here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

j in San Francisco, California

88 months ago

Host said: Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at OLD NAVY?

one more thing. i work at corporate. it's much more laid back. board meetings are the same, just not in a suit or tie...ever!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Knowes in Orangeburg, South Carolina

83 months ago

Shelly Shoe in Los Angeles, California said: Hey J,
I've been thinking of applying to Old Navy corporate. I'll be graduating in December and tentatively moving back to the Bay Area. I would like to know a few things:

1. What are the salary ranges for associate designers and designers at Old Navy?

2. Does Old Navy have a high turnover rate?

3. Is there a lot of traveling involved for designers?

Any advice, experiences, or insight that you could give would be VERY appreciated.

Shelly...go ahead and apply...unless you went to YALE or HARVARD...you won't get the job. Truly, don't get your hopes up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (37) Reply - Report abuse

barbestwonders in Kernersville, North Carolina

45 months ago

host2 in Eugene, Oregon said: Old Navy's Dress code is quite casual. You can pretty much wear anything you like other then tank tops, unintential ripped jeans or clothing, Shorts/skirts that are shorter that six inches. I'm not sure about other old Navys but the one i work at in Eugene, OR has a special thing we do every month. Wither its celebrating all our employees birthdays that share that months birthday on the last saturday of the month or having little pot lucks on holidays such as valentines day or st patty's day. It's a really down to earth place to work, the only downside to the job is the irrational customers you face and recovering sections such as clearence. Other than that, I would deff recommend getting a job there.

do you know anything about the hair code? im bleaching my hair soon and was planning on using manic panic in my hair w like red and pink. things like that but im not sure if that is allowed at old navy. ive only been working there about a month

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

SD in West Sacramento, California

30 months ago

I've been working at Old Navy in store for five years and it is a very laid back friendly environment. It is also easy to move up in the company of you are hard working and open to hours. One thing I like about old navy is that they usually hire within the store for management positions if a manager leaves or gets promoted. My limited availability had prevented me from doing so, but I had been asked twice to apply for leadership positions which shows me that they do pay attention to hard work. At my store, the dress code isn't strict at all and one can wear tanks and have wild hair colors and tattoos are accepted as freedom of expression as long as they aren't offensive. The pay is not that great but decent for a person who doesn't have many bills(student). The discount is great though but be prepared to bot want to shop outside of gap Inc because the 50% discount at gap and BR and 25% discount at old navy will spoil you for sure!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.