Old Castle what a joke

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

John Doe in Palmer, Massachusetts

95 months ago

These bozos have no clue what they are looking for in a candidate. Just move on the culture battle brewing here is not for the faint of heart.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Mr. Smith in El Cerrito, California

93 months ago

John Doe in Palmer, Massachusetts said: These bozos have no clue what they are looking for in a candidate. Just move on the culture battle brewing here is not for the faint of heart.

I completely agree with your statement. The scary thing is that I experienced the same thing here in Fremont, CA. All the way across the country and saw the same thing. There is no feedback at any level.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Matthew in Concord, North Carolina

91 months ago

This positon was filled three months ago and they have not killed it yet.

John Doe in Palmer, Massachusetts said: These bozos have no clue what they are looking for in a candidate. Just move on the culture battle brewing here is not for the faint of heart.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Bill in Bama

91 months ago

I am glad that I have read your comments and that you have taken the time to write. I have applied to this company over and over again for the Maintenance Supervisor positions offered all over this country and not once was I ever contacted. Now I know why. Just another bunch of jerks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa Brown in Sauk Centre, Minnesota

89 months ago

Very interesting! Keep me posted.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Art in Cornelius, North Carolina

89 months ago

I got the job!! The folks at Bonsal American (Old Castle) are trying frantically to keep up with the growth of the company. I know they interviewed a lot of people, so I'm really grateful to be chosen. I would encourage you all to keep at it and really sell prospective employers on how you have the skills and experience to take the burden off of them. Show how you can help them save money, manage a process, take responsibility for a neglected area of the business (like fresh web content). Bridge the gap between what you did in your last job and what you can do for them.

I hope this encourages some of you. Even when you haven't heard from a company in months, things may still be developing and you could get a call out of the blue - even after you were told that you didn't get the position.

Best of luck to you all!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

blockdoc in Ohio

87 months ago

I was wondering how you were qualified? Old Castle (CRH) is a world class organization. I would invite anyone to get down and dirty with the manufacturing proffesionals in this industry. Programming, heavy equipment operation, Welding and fabrication are just a few of the skills demanded in this industry. If you thought a position in sales or administration would exclude you from these talents, it would be very hard for you to get respect from either internal or external customers.

Good luck!

blockdoc

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

scotty wittenmyer in Norwalk, Ohio

76 months ago

So,is everyone saying this company is a joke??? I'M wasting my time??That seems to be true about all the job sites on the net!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Ally529 in Twinsburg, Ohio

72 months ago

I have been employed by this company for 11 years. I applied for a position within this company and was up against thirty-two other individuals. I went in with a positive attitude, answered all of their questions in detail and got the job.

They have an excellant benefit package for their employees. They are a family oriented company. They are an Equal Opportunity Company who does not descriminate against age, race, disabilities, etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Carefulwiththeseguys in Ohio

52 months ago

Ally529 in Twinsburg, Ohio said: I have been employed by this company for 11 years. I applied for a position within this company and was up against thirty-two other individuals. I went in with a positive attitude, answered all of their questions in detail and got the job.

They have an excellant benefit package for their employees. They are a family oriented company. They are an Equal Opportunity Company who does not descriminate against age, race, disabilities, etc.

Really? Not only do they discriminate, they retaliate if you report it! Read this EEOC release about the case and the settlement the EEOC investigated and prosecuted against Oldcastle.
www.eeoc.gov/eeoc/newsroom/release/2-24-10a.cfm

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.