What's the company culture at Panasonic?

Comments (7)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Panasonic?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Panasonic?

Factual in Staten Island, New York

99 months ago

Panasonic has been in the throes of reorganization and headcount reduction for several years, under a new CEO. The company has not changed for the better. Employee morale is poor. Worker bees work long, long hours and are not compensated monetarily or at promotion time.

ex-employee in Staten Island, New York

98 months ago

As an ex employee of over 20 years, I'd consider this company only after all other options are exausted

Factualin Staten Island, New York said: Panasonic has been in the throes of reorganization and headcount reduction for several years, under a new CEO. The company has not changed for the better. Employee morale is poor. Worker bees work long, long hours and are not compensated monetarily or at promotion time.

marcus in Duluth, Georgia

98 months ago

ex-employee in Staten Island, New York said: As an ex employee of over 20 years, I'd consider this company only after all other options are exausted

All this is true, only work for this company when all options have be looked at. They go thru headcount reduction every 6 months it seems.

curious in Livingston, New Jersey

94 months ago

ex-employee in Staten Island, New York said: As an ex employee of over 20 years, I'd consider this company only after all other options are exausted

What department did you work in at Panasonic?

ex-employee in Staten Island, New York

94 months ago

curious in Livingston, New Jersey said: What department did you work in at Panasonic?

I worked in 4 different Departments. 20 years ago, this was a great company to work for. Their policies, management style, morale, ...etc has progressively gotten worse.

McLovin in Clifton, New Jersey

87 months ago

I worked at Panasonic for seven years and that place is going downhill FAST! I've been out of there a little over a year, but still have strong contacts there. They are laying off workers again and have really reduced their headcount.

They "eliminate" positions and then make existing staff re-apply for this positions which are really their existing job with a different title. People that have been doing their job for years are suddenly not qualified and let go. Some get a few weeks notice, while others get no time.

Panasonic was my first job in a big corporation and they really made me appreciate my current job. Panasonic's idea of a professional work environment is nothing like it should be in the real world.

They love outsourcing everything there and I think they are finally realizing that it is better to do things in-house.

It was a great place to work, but now I would almost rather work at Mickey D's than work there again!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.